The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Quick question for owners of Trilogy from Alakazam (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Okay, as I see it, these are the versions

Trilogy original
Trilogy 2.0 (same as original, but has a dvd)
Trilogy streamline (uses only one deck and has a dvd too)
Trilogy Bikes (also with dvd)

Sorry, but there's so much disparate information on this/these effects.

So I want to ask - is the bike version exactly the same as the original?
Does the original have the same odd low / even high 'directions'?

Thanks in advance by the way, there's just so much on these and the variants.
Blackwood
View Profile
Special user
Mind-Play
528 Posts

Profile of Blackwood
I understand. I bought two versions just to check. It's confusing.

The original is my preferred version. It does not require the high/low directions which, though probably no concern to participants, didn't seem quite as smooth to me. The Bike version requires the additional high/low direction.

My advice: buy 2.0 and, before you mark the cards, read Jheff's review on Marketplace of the Mind for a way to streamline the effect and get two sets out of it.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1614 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I have Trilogy 2.0 and the restrictions are "high" and "low" for the first two cards but not "odd" and even." Maybe the original substituted "odd" and "even" for "high" and "low" -- I don't know.

Jheff says just to make a two-card prediction, but I like the three step reveal. Jheff thinks it makes the trick more "mental magic" than "mentalism." To each his own, I guess.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1862 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I have done Streamline for over 2 years now and it is with me for walk around, parlour and stage work. I have not had any problems with the cues and have always had unbelievable reactions. I like the fact that the deck is in play throughout the whole routine and remains visible through the entire number selections. For stage, I have a particiapnt note the card and number choices on a pad, and I give each card out to participants either on stage or at their dinner tables as I walk amongst the guests. The revelations build to an impossible climax and you have three applause cues that get louder.

It is great for after-dinner, intimate performances, and walk around. You can either use the dinner tabls or the hands of the participants for the cards. For walk around, you can draw in a crowd and then follow up with other material.

I cannot recommend this enough. Mine will need to be replaced soon since I use it so much!
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3735 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Think about it, using the original version which is the best in my opinion, I don't use high and low, but odd and even giving a logical reason, avoiding getting same numbers. Sounds better as each spectator can think of any number from 1 to 52. And I would bring one deck into play very early demonstrating what you've done with it. Put it back in its case, pocket it as you need hands free to write their answers down (big pad if you do stage, or 3 business cards for close-up). Important subtlety: I have on both decks the same number on the back and the same card on the face... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
I prefer to use Streamline. One deck in play before the spectators selections are made.

Use the subtlety mentioned in the instructions for the odd/even. Then use verbal and physical suggestion subtleties and just let them have a free choice of number. If they do not hit then the Knepper subtlety of conscious/unconscious choice plays well.

Now that's a whole lotta subtleties.

Clearly this effect is super strong no matter what version you use.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Agreed, used this Saturday night at a gig and got some amazing reactions with it.

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3327 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
I've said it before and will say it again. the original version of Trilogy is perfect. Some will argue that it can't be 'seen' from the start. I disagree. I'm performing Trilogy (original) and the 'deck' is on show right from the beginning in a Peter Scarlett Card Box. (A Fantasio **c* *w***h** will work just as well but looks tacky!) I used the odd/even scenario right from the beginning and even spoke to the creator, Brian Caswell about it who agreed it was probably a better idea than the high/low option.

Jan: I like your interesting subtelty of identical marks on the cards. Hadn't thought of that.

I was very disappointed in the Trilogy Bikes after learning of the added separation issue but I should have know better!

Just a quickie - perhaps I ought to begin a new thread though thinking about it - what is the difference between Trilogy Streamline and Duality by Gary Jones?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
7786 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I call my version Quadology. 1 deck with 4 predictions. It appears perfectly fair, and the chances (the way I perform it) has a 1 in 105625 chance of success, which is part of my patter. I will video a performance very soon and you can tell me what you think. It Gets amazing reactions, especially from specs who understand the odds of me being correct 4 times in a row.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3061 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I use the streamline version (with one deck) ..works great!
You can see at this link :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d15izoAczwg
luxor07
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of luxor07
Nice presentation Luca!
Ethan
View Profile
Regular user
UK
142 Posts

Profile of Ethan
In my opinion if pocket space is not an issue then the original wins every time. If pocket space is an issue then you lose a little but still very powerful with the stream lined version. Bikes are completely unneccessary but will always have it's fans.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3735 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Ethan, this is exactly why I prefer the original version of Trilogy whenever I can. Unbeatable, no restrictions. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
bob tripp
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of bob tripp
Nice Work!!!!!
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3327 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Guys - forget about pocket space (unless pockets are all you've got of course!) If you can carry one prop, which is up front from the start and is the centrepeice for your story, the *w*t*h devices I refer to above are a dream for this effect.
bob tripp
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of bob tripp
Do have any of these. When I said "nice work" in my immediate last reply I was referring to Luca's presentation on you tube.
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
With the original, if you think about it you only need one deck that is on display from the start. You do not need to switch the deck. Pocket space is therefore a non-issue.
I never understood why there were two decks, it made no sense to me. Just extra hassle. Instead of the extra deck I just use a few words
It is SOOOOO easy.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3327 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2008-11-23 05:45, psychicturtle wrote:
With the original, if you think about it you only need one deck that is on display from the start. You do not need to switch the deck. Pocket space is therefore a non-issue.
I never understood why there were two decks, it made no sense to me. Just extra hassle. Instead of the extra deck I just use a few words
It is SOOOOO easy.

What you've just described is clearly NOT the original but one of the the variety of variations that have been endlessly discussed. The original simply DOES require the extra something. It can't work any other way. If it could, it wouldn't have the addition - would it? So if you have a variation on the premise, by definition, it aint the original. Sorry.

But you are right - it is easy.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3061 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Hi BOob and Luxor, thanks for the comment Smile
As you can see this version works great,will be great if they can produce a Stage Version with a Jumbo cards...!!
;)
psychicturtle
View Profile
Special user
UK
821 Posts

Profile of psychicturtle
Quote:
On 2008-11-23 06:18, Roger Kelly wrote:
So if you have a variation on the premise, by definition, it aint the original. Sorry.

But you are right - it is easy.

Oh, right, I left out the word 'release'. With the original 'release'.

My point was you can do the effect with only one deck and no switching. I have no idea what the other releases include, as I only got the original. Release, that is.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Quick question for owners of Trilogy from Alakazam (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL