The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Blood Evidence Stationary (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Would a candle be able to give the effect of the writing apearing? Seems like something that may be neat to do.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
There is also Lemon Juice... does the Varicolour ink act in a superior way i.e. can I treat some business cards and carry them around and then use a lighter to make writing appear?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Good questions - I know lemon juice can be "activated" by holding the paper over a candle flame or whatever.. but how it looks as compared to the vari-tone ink, no idea.
I would suspect the quality of the effect overall is equally imparted by the writing implement as the liquid. Craft "mini" or "micro" brushes seem a good bet.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Myst - a little off topic, but is A/B blood the same method in Luke jermay's 'stigmata' (which has nothing at all to do with Banachek's/Houchin's effect).
If so, where can you get it? The UK theatre scene didn't appear in Google.
Cheers
S
[
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Lets not forget about using Milk! Remmeber when you were a kid and used milk to write on paper? Once heated it becomes burnt writing.

Talk about the KISS principal!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Lemonmilk!

Milk for white card stock... lemon for parchment... (I'm thinking business card magick)

And Doc Steve - yes it is the AB formula (you mean the Stigmata effect from Building Blocks, correct?)... not sure about UK but the formula is sold in North America
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
supercool
View Profile
Regular user
USA
160 Posts

Profile of supercool
Would any one know if there is a more sinsitive ink that could be developed buy the heat of ones own breath, and could this be done to a rolling paper the ink being developed by the the heat produced on inhallation of the cig smoke?
Check out Smile TheMysticSpirit.com Smile
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
There is 'Thermoink'... on the back of my paycheck at work is stamped a logo that if you breath on or gently rub your finger over it will dissapear but will re-appear seconds later...
There is also a marketed pen where the ink dissapears if you rub it or heat it up...
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
terrick
View Profile
New user
Bloomington, IN
75 Posts

Profile of terrick
Quote:
On 2007-06-11 11:41, declanring wrote:
There is also a marketed pen where the ink dissapears if you rub it or heat it up...

I've seen lots of different time-sensitive disappearing ink pens, but I've never seen any that react to heat. That would be an interesting tool.
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
terrick
View Profile
New user
Bloomington, IN
75 Posts

Profile of terrick
Oh yeah, I remember seeing that thread a while back. Thanks for the link. I'm gonna pick a couple up from ebay and try them out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Blood Evidence Stationary (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL