The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » World Magic Awards » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Danny,

I had the same wrong idea in a different thread.

The young man is 18 - I had assumed 14.

Funny how so many of us make the same mistake.

Quote:
What makes think you know how a case like this would hold up in a court?

Danny can speak more than adequately for himself, but from his posts I gather he has interests beyond this place and the Masked Magician.

He's probably read some newspapers and even on occasion, been to court himself.

I'm quite sure, as an in demand performer and successful agent, he's been party to a few contracts himself and probably received legal advice on how binding those contracts are.

Destiny
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I don't know why anyone thought I was 14.

I have to get a new avatar.
-Matt
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
The avatar doesn't help, but it's not the main problem.

Destiny
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I have said how old I am dozens of times on the Café.

Look, everyone is different, and has different ideas. So don't turn them down.

Until something happens in a court with this type of situation,would we cannot say what happen.

There is a difference in a contract for a birthday party or being hired to perform and something between a production company and a TV network.

How many times has a 'jude' (as Danny says) had beliefs that changed the outcome of a case?

Besides, I was talking hypothetically and I even said that. Nobody at the awards is going to try and change anything and we all know that.
-Matt
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Matthew,

You are making a habit of telling people who don't agree with you to butt out of the conversation. I first recall seeing that in the 'petition' thread where you locked horns with Payne on this same subject.

As adults most of us are able to disagree about things and still conduct a polite conversation.

If you only want to talk to yesmen you are probably in the wrong place. There are many and diverse opinions on just about everything here (just like real life).

If we think an idea is silly, impractical etc we are going to 'put it down'.

As far as the legality of contracts is concerned - a contract is a legal and binding document whether it be for a birthday party(not that Danny does birthday parties), a television show, a trucking company or a weight loss program.

It is an agreement to provide goods or services for a specified payment and if you put your signature to a contract and then try to just walk away you are legally liable.

As magicians secrets are not protected by law it is difficult to see your argument even making it into a courtroom, let alone finding favour with a judge.

But Danny mistyped the word 'judge' as you keep reminding us - so you win.

Destiny
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2008-11-10 22:09, Josh Chaikin wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-11-10 21:59, Matthew W wrote:

Any court or judge would favor the Magic Awards should they want to back out of it.

Why are contracts made in the first place? Get a judicial opinion on this, then get back to me, in the meantime, I'll go off what I've spent the last 8 years studying.

Thanks.

LOL don't worry, Josh. He is young in the ways of the world
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2008-11-12 13:36, Matthew W wrote:
I don't know why anyone thought I was 14.

I have to get a new avatar.

Finally you take my advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and some of your statements make people think you are younger than you are.

Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I said HAVE TO, not will...
-Matt
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Wow...a zinger! I happen to be a very ugly man, why would I want to subject people to that? Others... ahem... might not mind but I do....
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-11-12 13:45, Matthew W wrote:
I have said how old I am dozens of times on the Café.

Look, everyone is different, and has different ideas. So don't turn them down.

Until something happens in a court with this type of situation,would we cannot say what happen.

There is a difference in a contract for a birthday party or being hired to perform and something between a production company and a TV network.

How many times has a 'jude' (as Danny says) had beliefs that changed the outcome of a case?

Besides, I was talking hypothetically and I even said that. Nobody at the awards is going to try and change anything and we all know that.

Here Matthew you act like you are 14. BUT since you want to make fun of spelling you should make certain you do not say things like this.

"Until something happens in a court with this type of situation,would we cannot say what happen."

Now I choose not to make fun of you for being unable to construct a proper sentence and not know where the space goes after the punctuation mark. So drop your superior attitude.

I get it you are 18 and you already know everything. My guess is you have never even cracked a book on contract law, or had advice on how to write one. Take a look some time. Being emotional and angry is no basis for a law suit. Josh was trying to help to educate you some, but you choose not to learn. But hey why should you, you are already in posession of all the things you need.

I am certain you will do things with your life that they will write epic stories about. Beowolf will pale in comparison. I am sure your life will soon be chronicled in an anthem by Rush. You will redefine magic as we know it, as well aparantly the legal profession and what we think of as contract law. You will raise our "art form" (I would love to hear your definition of that one some day) to a place that is well above any other performance art. I will remember your name so when you do these things, we all can bow and scrape in deferance.

Till then though, I am curious how many shows you do regularly. How many actual shows for large groups of people do you do? Where are these oh so brilliant opinions formed from exactly?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2008-11-12 14:29, Matthew W wrote:
At least I have an avatar...

OH! SNAP!

he got ya santa. And stop with the "Jude" thing, we all make mistakes.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Oh no let him go. See this is what he thinks passes for "wit" in his world. He thinks that because he has a spellcheck machine, it makes up for lacking other things that make up wit in the real world.

The computer has spawned a generation of "google experts" and he is obviously one of them. OH SNAP DANNY WROTE JUDE. Yea witty. I bet all the 17 year old girls really get a case of the screaming hot thighs over that.

If he had a point to make, it would be made, and the spelling stuff would be gone. If they have to take the time to correct speling misstakes, well they have no point to make. It is a pretty simple equasion.

If he wants to spend time making all my posts right go ahead. It is a full time job.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
So let it out and let it in, hey jude, begin,
Youre waiting for someone to perform with.
And don't you know that its just you, hey jude, you'll do,
The movement you need is on your shoulder.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
If he has heard of either Rush or Beowolf, I will pay each of you ten bucks.

Danny, I forgot what the thread was named, but matt here was attacked for a number of pages for his thought and statements about a number of things. And the number one thing argued about was his age, second only to his experience performing..

kevin

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
OH I guess I touched 2 nerves huh?

What possible bearing could either of those 2 things have on a valid opinion? He has an IBM membership card, an ID, a TT and business cards. PLUS a heck of a google search engine.

Add water instant expert.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Danny,

Did you get an indignant PM?

I recall getting one once for some innocuous comment I made.

Destiny
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have not and I am bitter about it. On 2 threads he is angry at me and NO PM from the child. That is disconserting. I have to work harder.

Kevin that is true, a brilliant post ruined for lack of perspective. Darn it all!

For some reason this whole experience reminds me of a dog my uncle used to have. He chased cars. We always wondered why because if he ever caught one, he would never know how to drive the stupid thing.

(Matthew please spellcheck that for me will you?)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Danny,

If he doesn't know about Rush, he doesn't deserve the Café!!!

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Jude Law!

I have to agree. Rush should be an access requirement.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I agree with Matthew. He's right.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » World Magic Awards » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL