The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » World Magic Awards » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Slartibartfast
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Illinois
230 Posts

Profile of Slartibartfast
You know we've told you before
But you didn't hear us then
So you still question why
No! You didn't listen again
You didn't listen again
If you can pull it off in a biker bar without being violated by a corn dog, more power to you.
-- Gwyd, the Unusual

"YOUR Signature...speaks volumns (sic) as to your lack of understanding."
--T.V.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20538 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-11-12 15:04, kcg5 wrote:
Danny,

If he doesn't know about Rush, he doesn't deserve the Café!!!

So as not to scare the left wing youngins, Rush is a 3 man rock group from Canada. NOT a large loud mouth right wing talk show host.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
We should say RUSH. They don't have an avitor either but Wiley Post was an aviator.

I don't know if this lil' guys question was answered so I'll try. A network can run what they want and there does not have to be a logical connection from one show to another. For example on Sunday morning the channel in question in our area shows a Catholic Mass, it also shows violent shows and funny ones like Reno 911. The people who watch the mass are not forced to watch Reno 911. All it is is time they are selling and to get people to watch these commercials that run in these times they run shows that will attract an audience. Now I personally don't think loads of people are watching The Masked Magician because the shows suck as does the prancing lil' princess portraying the masked one and that Mitch guy needs to be gutted like a trout. I also doubt people will watch some phony magic award show, I know I likely won't. So don't worry about it you lil' warrior against the evils of exposure and worry more about performing better and leave Jeff McBride alone.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
I didn't want to come back here, but it's obvious this is going nowhere, using reason and established legal principles seem to be failing, so we'll try this...

Matt, there are lots of people who have been doing magic on here longer than you have been alive. Many of these same people use magic as their sole means of income. The fact that NONE of them are as up in arms, or at all, over the specials should be an indicator that maybe...just maybe you don't need to be either. Yes, a five year old did cry "The emperor has no clothes!" but I don't think that is the case here (and I am not implying that you're five either).

And I agree completely with everything said of RUSH.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20538 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Tantrum to start in 5 4 3 2 1 NOW
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5169 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Matt, what you are missing here is that the TV station is a business. Businessess are out to make money. They really couldn't give a rat's petitute whether the magic programs are exposure or not. The only ones that object to the masked magician shows are other magicians.

The TV stations are not contradicting themselves by showing both programs. They have contracts with both and reap the rewards. It's like when they accept advertising from two different companies. They may broadcast an ad for Tylenol and later broadcast one for Excedrin but it doesn't mean they support either one. It means they make a profit on both.

A contract is a contract. That's what they are all about. As long as they are written correctly with no loop holes (and you can believe they have been reviewed legally before signing) a judge is not going to over rule it. Being that he must be impartial, he could not let his personal opinions affect any decision and with that said, what legal grounds could he use to force the station to break it's contract and not broadcast one of the shows? One is exposure (as lame as it is) and one is not. So what?. It's all about ratings and money.

Maagicmattman, you asked about the time and date for the awards. It's on My TV whatever station that is in your area on Nov 26th at 8PM

Some of the line includes:

Ed Alonzo
Franz harrary
Lance Burton
Mark Kalin and Jinger
Amazing Johnathon
Hans Klok
Jeff McBride
Topas
Dan Sperry
Kirby Van Birch
Florian Zimmer.
Where the magic begins
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20538 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Dave, what is your position on the rock group Rush? This has become the important question of the thread!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
If that is the case, Dave, I hope that the award show does not sign another contract with MyNetworkTV.
-Matt
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20538 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Matthew, now you are being reasonable.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5169 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I agree with Danny. That is a reasonable response. As several have already posted however, the shows will be booked wherever they can at the time. I don't know this for sure, but my assumption is that the cost of contracting with MYNetwork is probably less than contracting with a major network. Look at what the time slot competion is on MyNetwork and then look at what it is with a major network.
Where the magic begins
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'll give you an example of how networks don't worry about it. I watched a news magazine type show that was running half an hour on how unsafe a certain model of car was. The main advertizer during that period of time was the very same model of car.

Two things, I notice Dave isn't responding to the question of RUSH, which you know he rocks out to. The other one I shan't say cuz Dave is here, but it was funny.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20538 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2008-11-12 14:52, plasticdestiny wrote:
Danny,

Did you get an indignant PM?

I recall getting one once for some innocuous comment I made.

Destiny

I am wating for 2 things.

1) an indignent PM
2) a definition of innocuous.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5169 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
MagicSanta, go ahead and say it. What's the worst that could happen? It could get deleted.

As to the other question, I'm too old to worry about Rock bands. I've reverted back to the swing era when you could here and understand the lyrics and they made sense. Smile
Where the magic begins
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The worst? You're kidding right?

What I was going to say was that when Mathew posts I don't even see Jeff McBrides fingers move. (if you get it good for you!)
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
Quote:
On 2008-11-13 23:30, MagicSanta wrote:
The worst? You're kidding right?

What I was going to say was that when Mathew posts I don't even see Jeff McBrides fingers move. (if you get it good for you!)

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA EEEEEEEEEEEEVIL
DANSPERRY.COM
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
I am wating for 2 things.

1) an indignent PM
2) a definition of innocuous.

You'll have to wait a few posts before you get that definition, because first I'm going to display my superiority by mocking you for leaving the 'i' out of 'waiting'. Ha Ha - I win - na na na na na - Danny loses - I'm the clever one.

BTW, where I live 'snivelling fat little ***' is regarded as a term of endearment.

Destiny
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Quote:

I don't know what that is supposed to mean, and I don't want to know.

But how about this, do not talk about me or to me. I am fed up with your and everyone else's crap. All I ever did is post ideas or thoughts. I am tired of getting all of this BS from people here. If you have advice to give people, do it in a way that they are going to want to follow it.

Lately, I am starting to feel sorry I ever found myself here. Yeah there is good information and help, but there is also a bit of crap to go through to get to it.
-Matt
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
I don't know what that is supposed to mean, and I don't want to know.

But how about this, do not talk about me or to me. I am fed up with your and everyone else's crap. All I ever did is post ideas or thoughts. I am tired of getting all of this BS from people here. If you have advice to give people, do it in a way that they are going to want to follow it.

Lately, I am starting to feel sorry I ever found myself here. Yeah there is good information and help, but there is also a bit of crap to go through to get to it.
Is that a direct quote from The Masked Magician?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Sperris got it...thank goodness. Hey if everyone gets it then it isn't a good joke.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
MagicSanta,

It's a good joke - doesn't matter how many get it, or even if the subject doesn't get that he's getting it. Smile

Matthew,

I save PM's for friendly banter with friends so in response to 'What the hell does that supposed to mean?': Look at things from other peoples perspective for a change - if the Masked Magibater (definition: one who magics alone because noone will magic with him) was to have a conversation with magicians regarding his sad excuse for entertainment, I suspect he would end up responding just as you did.

Destiny
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » World Magic Awards » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL