The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » More Fraud RNTII Cups? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
Johnathan Townsend has a lot more than
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
If you check out a certain auction site you'll see Black Beauties for very cheap. Since the seller is the same one that sold the fraud Foxy II's, I'm guessing these are frauds as well. BEWARE.

I wonder what Epiphany has to say about these...
"Magic is the only art that the audience wants the performer to screw up" - Daniel Garcia
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
My goodness. There are more and more fraud cups coming out nowadays.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I talked to Jake over the weekend and he mentioned this but I don't remember him saying what they were! The gang at RNT2 are aware but it sure is nice that folks on here see it and bring it to all our attention!
Epiphany
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
187 Posts

Profile of Epiphany
These actually aren't frauds. They're much worse. Dad explained there were rejected Black Beauty cups. The cups during the process got hot and coolent, saturated the cups. If you are allergic to antifreeze/coolent, I don't recommend you handle a set of these.

There is also another problem with the cups. There are two grades originally manufactured. When Mike Brazill had the company "industrial" grade Delrin was used. The core of this material is Glass, this glass was exposed on a lot of the cups, which can cause irratation or sickness as it's saturated with the industrial coolant. These are hazardous items. Those allergic to these cups could have a reaction to the glass and or coolant and possible anaphylactic shock depending on how sensative you are.

When my father made the runs, he had a machinest use Non Allergenic "Hospital" grade, this was the primary reason of the cost being so high on Delrin when he released them.

Each of the cups in question have a dimple in the bottom that was made with an ice pick. These were marked as DO NOT SELL. Some were sold but only after they were polished and sealed. The ones being sold have not been treated and are not ours. The owner explained these were sold to him by Mike Brazill. Case in point is these were listed assets at time of sale of the company and are now considered stolen as the contract of sale stated all RNT II assets were to be turned over to my mother. So not only will you get a deal on hazardous material, but stolen as well.

I've been working hard going over records to see the dates of manufacture. The seller also had a conversation with our "council". His remark about the mark in the cups were in a laughing voice, "Cups dangerous, you're an idiot! And lots of cups have marks on them." I'll spare the public other rehtoric of the seller.

Since Uriel started this thread, I will use it to warn anyone who purchases these, BEWARE, these are hazardous and RNT II will not be responsible for any reactions to the exposed, contaminated material.

As for the actual sale, the seller is selling stolen material since it was not turned over to us at time of sale as per the sale contract. If you recieve a set you are recieving stolen property.

Since my father discontinued Delrin and specifically did not hallmark the cups so they could be distinguised from the first run from years ago, I see no reason to pursue the seller. He has a "I don't care attitude" and explains that he has spent thousands of dollars on legal fees. I can't argue that as I have no proof of yay or nay on his expenditures.

Since neither my father or Mr. Palmer know what they are talking about when it comes to cups according to the seller, I can assume that there really isn't too much to worry about this seller since it appears that the supply of illegitimate items is flowing to him from Mike Brazill, whom the company has no relations with.

Epiphany Jean
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
When I gave Epiphany a heads up on this I thought it was another case of this seller supplying things that they shouldn't be but when she explained they were dangerous I wasn't sure if I should post a warning on the Café or not, I figured that if the auction was being stopped for that reason it was probably best not to draw attention to them...
dcjames
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Epiphany -

I took a moment to check out the auction site policy concerning the sale of stolen goods and as I suspected if they are made aware of it, they will pull the auction and possibly shut down the seller's account. Not sure if you want to go that way but here is the link to the actual policy:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/stolen.html

The cups are still listed on the site.

Hope Jake is feeling better.

dc
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
Epiphany
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
187 Posts

Profile of Epiphany
I have so much going on in my own life on top of RNT II and family matters. I just can't take the time to pursue someone that has these for sale.

Since Mike Brazill sold these to the seller, the liability will fall between the two of them.

Epiphany Jean
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Hang in there, lady! Smile
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3500 Posts

Profile of Julie
Epiphany Jean> Keep on keepin' on!

I LOVE the "original" PF cups you sent.

Sincere Best Wishes

Julie
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
Got a set of these cups in the mail today. Just like Epiphany said they are each marked with an ice pick and smell sickly sweet of coolant. They are also quite rough and obviously not a finished product.

they are sitting at the bottom of my trash can at the moment.

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Ouch! Hopefully that didn't set you back too much.
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
Quote:
On 2008-11-14 16:18, lint wrote:
Got a set of these cups in the mail today. Just like Epiphany said they are each marked with an ice pick and smell sickly sweet of coolant. They are also quite rough and obviously not a finished product.

they are sitting at the bottom of my trash can at the moment.

-todd

this kind of cups cannot be disposed as garbage, this material that designates as hazardous need to be transported in closed trucks to the waste treatment plant, do yourself a favor and send them to me, I will take care of them.
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
Quote:
On 2008-11-14 16:29, agent61 wrote:
Ouch! Hopefully that didn't set you back too much.

they did not, but I also knew what I was getting into when I ordered a set. It was just out of curiosity. Walid, you really don't want them, although you do bring up a point about trashing them.

-todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Hear that Gazzo cups are the same... if anyone wants to send me their Gazzo cups I will dispose of them safely!
Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » More Fraud RNTII Cups? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL