The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Those pesky card-to-wallets are never just right (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Quote:
On 2009-03-21 11:20, taller8 wrote:
SAW is my guess.
or
Pimpernel Notecase.

but then again it could be the Horwitz. Smile

Nope, nope and nope ^^
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
jhostler
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of jhostler
Quote:
On 2009-03-19 12:07, Gilgamesh_The_Librarian wrote:
Interesting thing for me is that Alex Elmsleys which looks like pure sleight of hand looks like the smoother of the lot !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l2Cd5Lc2cg

As a connoisseur of fine “live” card loads, I must agree that Elmsley’s is among the absolute best. It alone is worth the price of admission on that particular DVD.
Paris
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
131 Posts

Profile of Paris
Didn't place the JOL, its made in England.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
666 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Can anyone help me out?
I don't know if I should choose between the hip pocket Mullica or the card to wallet royal.

which is better?
can they both be non-palm card to wallets?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1636 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Only the Mullica is a non palming wallet.If you want to palm use the Royal.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Korhan
View Profile
Regular user
Istanbul, Turkey
105 Posts

Profile of Korhan
With new moneys we have this year, they fit to my Real Man's Wallet nicely. But the button on the flap just cracked my drivers license. I was using my drivers license to help putting the card in.

Now I put a outdated credit card there but I'm thinking about changing the wallet.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
666 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Quote:
On 2009-04-11 06:10, Markymark wrote:
thank you!
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
666 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
Quote:
On 2009-04-11 06:10, Markymark wrote:
thank you!
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5441 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Triple Threat is also non-palming, and the one I use as my everyday wallet.

Peo... Kaps or Bendix?
Jonathan_Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
CT
211 Posts

Profile of Jonathan_Miller
I still haven't found a wallet that I can use. I'm too metro for most of these wallets (they would leave a huge bulge) plus I prefer to keep my wallet in my front pocket. With such a slim wallet all I usually carry with me is an ID, one to two credit cards max, and perhaps a few bills.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I too am on the grail quest for the perfect everyday wallet.

The major "deal breaker' for me for a wallet (particularly one I would be using as an "everyday" wallet) is the external snap tab that some of these wallets have. Why the tab? Does not the wallet stay shut when in your pant's pocket? Maybe it's a cultural thing; maybe a European vs. USA thing. Maybe I just don't get out much anymore. But, I can't recall the last time in everyday real life that I saw a man using a wallet with a snap tab closure on the outside of the wallet.

Just, IMHO. Your mileage may vary.

My quest continues.

Best,

Mike

P.S. For my everyday wallet, I converted over to a leather Coach (brand) business card case. Small, two slot pockets on the outside on [i]both[/] sides and any money that I happen to carry is either kept folded in the middle compartment or just stuck folded in one of the outside slots. Plenty of room for credit cards and driver's license, a few busindess cards, etc. Slim and trim and can be kept in any pocket without a bulge. Of course, nice as it is, as far as I can see, this "wallet" can't be converted or used as a magic wallet.

My original reason for this changeover (to using the business card wallet as my actual "everyday' wallet) was precisely so that I could keep it in an obscure pocket and then have my hip pocket (or front pants pocket) available for a magic wallet.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
654 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
Anyone looking for a card to wallet method for their everyday hip pocket wallet should search out Shawn Farquhar's (sp?) lecture notes on cd. Great stuff.

DD
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13419 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2009-04-11 15:06, Turk wrote:

The major "deal breaker' for me for a wallet (particularly one I would be using as an "everyday" wallet) is the external snap tab that some of these wallets have. Why the tab?

I'm not sure why the tab but you can easily snip it off with a sharp pair of scissors.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2009-04-12 01:18, Frank Starsini wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-04-11 15:06, Turk wrote:

The major "deal breaker' for me for a wallet (particularly one I would be using as an "everyday" wallet) is the external snap tab that some of these wallets have. Why the tab?

I'm not sure why the tab but you can easily snip it off with a sharp pair of scissors.

I agree, Frank. However, would not that solution leave the "male portion" of the snap system still embedded into (and still a part of) the outside of the wallet? As such, that snap male portion would, IMHO, look unnatural and inelegant and would, by this discrepency look unusual and call attention to the wallet. Such attention to the wallet would, at best, be a needless distraction and, at worst, might get the audience thinking about the wallet. Hence, my reluctance to utilize that solution.

Then again, I've been cursed with being anal retentive. (grin)

Bsst,

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Blake Douglass
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Blake Douglass
The JOL wallets may be nice, but sadly they are stolen. Most if not all of the designs of these wallets have been stolen from another producer. This other producer of wallets is the best in the business. He puts all of his time and energy into creating clean proffesional looking card to wallets. JOL's wallets are made in china, and their quality is terrible compared to their american made competitor. If you are going to buy any card to wallet, I can only say one name. Tony Miller RFA productions.
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
838 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Quote:
On 2009-04-14 09:35, Blake Douglass wrote:
If you are going to buy any card to wallet, I can only say one name. Tony Miller RFA productions.

I totally agree with Blake on this one. Tony Miller's wallets are amazing.
CitinoMAGIC - New Site now LIVE!
The Great Dave
View Profile
Regular user
My Wife said "It's Me or that Stupid Magic Website!" this many times.
192 Posts

Profile of The Great Dave
Blake, I believe you are mistaken on several of your comments regardng the JOL wallets. It is my humble opinion, but not only do I disagree with you, I think you have provided some information here that is not only misleading it is also incorrect.

Best,
Dave
Academy of Magical Arts

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Whoops, wrong hat ...
joshsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
189 Posts

Profile of joshsmagic
Quote:
On 2008-11-12 23:32, Christopher Lyle wrote:
Well for me...about the closest thing to the perfect wallet was The Real Man's Wallet by Draun. It wasn't super hard to load and looked darn near impossible. It was still flawed however.

For me...the perfect wallet would be a hip wallet that was made out of real leather (not plastic or leather), black and would have tons of slots for credit cards, other pockets for photos (think Heirloom), and have the standard cash option. A wallet that one would use as their every day wallet.

The thing about wallets, is they're not practical for everyday use.

What was the flaw with the Draun wallet? I have it and I think its the best.
joshsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
189 Posts

Profile of joshsmagic
Quote:
On 2008-11-12 22:14, Frank Starsini wrote:
So far the wallet that seems best to me is the Royal Card to wallet but they are no longer being made, apparently. They load easier then the Draun wallet, they load an unfolded card unlike the Mesika wallet.

They have a zipper compartment for the card to come out of.

The only thing that might be an issue with that wallet is the size of currency. I don't know if it would hold european currency. How much taller are Euros, etc. than a US bill. Would euros stick out the top of a standard US wallet? I don't remember them being a lot different than US currency but I just can't remember.

how is the load easier than the draun wallet?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Those pesky card-to-wallets are never just right (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL