The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Enamel Paint (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I have a base that is painted black with Industrial grade Enamel paint. This base is really more of a dolly, and as such it takes a pounding. I was going to cover it with spar varnish, and then I realized that covering an enamel piece with a water base varnish might not be a great idea. Can anyone offer experience and/or suggestions?
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
It could be either an oven baked enamel or cold cure enamel.
I'm not sure what is available in the U.S. but over here in the U.K. cold cure enamel is available in spray cans and is easy to apply.All you have to make sure of is that the area to be treated is de-greased(thinners,sugar soap,etc)and well keyed.If you sand down the substrate with 220 grade sandpaper prior to the first coat and 320 grade inbetween each coat,you should be o.k.
A couple of coats should be adequate.
You can also spray a little bit of the enamel onto a sheet of paper and apply it with an artists brush,should you need to touch-up any small localised damage.
Hope this helps!
Cheers,Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Enamel Paint (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL