The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Amazing Alexander Demo Video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Profile of Justin Impossible
After many requests the demo video is finally here! Hope you enjoy!
Justin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq_fDFdKN3E
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com
www.facebook.com/magicianjustinimpossible

A pretty assistant is the most effective form of misdirection.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Holy "Two Dollar Window" ripoff, Batman!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17012 Posts

Profile of joseph
Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
dking66
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of dking66
Just got this book... and it is quite wonderful!
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Thanks Dking66. Here is Paul Romhany's review of the book:

I just came across this book at Hocus-Pocus and wanted to share it with you all in my BLOG - especially with Christmas just around the corner. It's been a long time since a book has really captured my heart and what I believe is the real essence of magic. I still think that books are one of the best gifts you can give a person - and this book would be the best gift you could give any young person. Books in general have a magic quality about them because it lets us use our imaginations.

This is not just a picture book for kids, it's a fantastic way for young people to learn the ethics of magic and let their imaginations run wild. I couldn't think of any better book to get somebody who wants a great read and learning experience for a gift than this book by Justin Meitz. There is something very special about this book that captures what magic needs, a way to get younger people caught up in what got most of us started in magic. The illustrations in here are first class and will certainly help capture a youngsters enjoyment. This book brought out the inner child in me and I can see why it is getting rave reviews. Not only will this entertain youngsters, but it will educate them and inform them, in a great way, about ethics of magic and even give them a few tricks to learn. I can't wait to see what else the series will offer. Read the endorsements below and you'll see just how popular this book is. As I said, if you had to get a gift for any youngster, this is it!!
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Doug, money tricks have been around since the dawn of time, long before I, Jay or Houdini started doing magic. I enjoy Jay's magic very much and I spoke with him about this project and this is what he said about the book:

"What an awesome story for children to read! Those illustrations are remarkable!"
Jay Noblezada
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

This weekend we received an email asking about the million dollar bill switch. The idea actually came from Dick Barry's Million Dollar Fantasy rather then Jay's 2 Dollar Window. Both use the same construction but the handling is different. Below is a link to Dick's site and his Million Dollar Fantasy.

http://www.dickbarrymagic.com/videos.html
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Ryan Ogaard
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Ryan Ogaard
It’s my pleasure to write a review for The Amazing Alexander by Justin Meitz!

The Amazing Alexander is an unforgettable, magical adventure for the entire family!

This review is one I’ve wanted to write since Justin was kind enough to share with me a sneak peek of the book before its official release back in September. Justin sent me the pdf files for the book and I actually read the book to my girls on the laptop! We thoroughly enjoyed reading it together as a family – reading is a nightly habit in our house!

As a father of two daughters – ages 7 and 9 – and someone who loves magic, this book is one that I will read again and again! I highly recommend The Amazing Alexander to magicians, non-magicians, parents, grandparents, and anyone that believes in the magic of magic!

The Amazing Alexander is not your typical 2-word-per-page book that reads something like: “The Clock (page 1)”, “Tick Tock (page 2)”... This story book is jam-packed full of the magical adventure of Alexander with equally impressive and beautifully illustrated artwork.

The storyline is simple, Alexander is a young boy that LOVES magic! His role models in life include his grandfather who is a magician, and Houdini! The boy’s grandfather introduces him to magic and teaches him his first magic trick called The Million Dollar Bill Trick – the transformation of two $1 bills into a million dollar bill! The reader joins Alexander on his daily, no-so-usual routine, when he awakens for the day and excitedly gets ready to go to and watch his first stage magic show with his grandfather. Interestingly enough, the first item of business in the morning for Alex, besides making his bed, is to practice The Million Dollar Bill Trick in front of his imagined audience in the mirror (something I recall doing as a young boy too!). Alex then washes his face without soap, brushes his teeth without toothpaste, runs his fingers through his matted hair, then grabs his magic money and runs hastily downstairs for breakfast as he anxiously awaits the magic show! Now let me ask all of you still reading my review so far – How many magicians do you know that look and possibly even smell like Alexander because they to are too excited about their magic and forget about their personal hygiene (I know a few..lol!)?

Without reading the entire book to you, I encourage you to pick one up yourself – even if you don’t have a child to read it too. As someone who has loved magic since the age of 7, I can honestly say that I loved this story because I related to it on a personal level in so many ways! My father introduced me to magic – as did Alexander’s grandfather, my mother was always on my case screaming for me to put away my magic and do my chores – as did Alex’s mom, and I was fascinated by the mystery and promise that magic held – as is Alex!

As a child, magic gave me hope and inspiration to be extraordinary – even when I was just an ordinary boy. It gave me dreams and goals and a purpose in life. Now as a parent, it’s my purpose to see those same aspirations through to my own children. What’s the secret to accomplishing this – by sharing the meaning of magic with my daughters – as did Alexander’s grandfather to him.

I’m excited to have a limited number of copies of The Amazing Alexander available for sale at Magicians.com - personally signed by its author Justin Meitz with a personal, handwritten note in each book!!!

Justin, thank you for The Amazing Alexander!
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Thanks Nicksly!
J
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I recently bought two copies of this book--one for my 3year-old granddaughter and one for myself. (Justin even personalized and autographed the two books with a very magical broad-tipped Silver Sharpie!!) What a delightful and charming book. I just briefly glanced at a few of the pages and read a few of the paragraphs and looked at the illustrations. (The two copies of the book are Christmas presents for myself and my granddaughter and I'm saving the "full read" for after Christmas with my granddaughter curled in my lap.) The story is comfortable as an old shoe and a person will quickly become immersed in the story and the "magic" embedded throughout the story. This book will inspire a young person towards magic and bring out the latent magic desires hidden in all of us. This is the type of book I wish I had when I was growing up.

Justin, you are to be congratulated for a high class job well done.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Thanks Mike, I hope your family loves the books!
J
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

The final demo for the book is up. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqyFLQODouM
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
523 Posts

Profile of sibbie
I got this in the mail last week but, like Mike, I bought it as a Christmas present for my daughter so other than a few sneaky glances by yours truly it will not be read until after she opens it.

I can say, the book is very well put together. The illustrations are great and I can only imagine them bringing the reader into the story. Justin shipped extremely fast and kept in contact with me throughout the process.

I look forward to reading this right after Christmas and will try and post a review of the story itself then.
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1155 Posts

Profile of Corbett
I bought this as a gift for my son, and also for a young 10 year-old friend of mine who is getting bitten by the magic bug. Having read through the story myself, I was delighted. Fantastic illustrations, and the story of Alexander really seems to capture the wonder, amazement, and curiosity that magic holds for magicians young and old. Highly recommended.
Kipp Sherry
View Profile
Elite user
Boise, ID
473 Posts

Profile of Kipp Sherry
I wrote my own review at: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=110&0

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry
What is Kings Fool?
The only business card you'll ever need!
http://www.kippsherrymagic.info
Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Thanks for the kind words guys! Happy Holidays!
J
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

Hi everyone,

We have now cut our prices on Alexander to move 20 cases from our warehouse to make room for our new DVD DEEP! Single signed copies are available for $10 and our greatest bargain to date, is our bulk purchase. Many of our local magician friends have picked up copies of The Amazing Alexander and have given them out to the birthday child and sold them to parents. The book retails for $17.95, but we are selling them for only $5 a piece (Sold in a case of 40.)

Yes you read that correctly! $5 DOLLARS A PIECE!

That way you can resell them or just give them out as freebies. Even if you sold each book to parents for only $10 you would be making an extra $200!!!

Many magicians have gotten multiple gigs just by giving out a book to the birthday child by making him or her feel special. Plus it teaches the ethics and love for magic, which many kids are missing when getting into magic.

Both of these Amazing deals can only be picked up on http://www.justinmeitz.com
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

Justin Impossible
View Profile
Veteran user
Distant Land Of Shmooo
328 Posts

We have 3 cases that we are trying to move before we move to LA. I am putting this price at $160 per case. That's only $4 per book (40 Books.) You can give these out to the birthday kid or sell them to parents and librarians. PM me if your interested.
Justin Impossible
www.justinimpossible.com

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Amazing Alexander Demo Video (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL