The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Rings and things two for sale? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
UPS is the king of tracking but USPS has gotten better believe it ot not. For the first time I could get usefull information on the USPS site. It showed the package arrived 15 minutes after I left work! It even showed who signed for it. I had to go in on a saturday to get it. A month after placing my RNT2 order I did recieve it. I had to force a shipment with a Paypal dispute offer and they chose to ship. I felt bad about having to push it with the problems RNT2 is having but if hadn't I doubt I would have the order now. I feel their pain and offer my best wishes but business needs to be taken care of.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 23:38, madkiki wrote:

Forget about tracking number with USPS, it's insane to even think about it.

I don't know where you get this idea. I have had orders from the US--the Ambitious Card, for example--use USPS and the tracking number helps me see where the parcel is held up (Canadian customs, usually). The big thing is that as a customer, I see the progress.

The bigger thing is that it gives everybody peace of mind--vendor and buyer alike.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
Tacking Numbers? Are you kidding? Postal Service with tracking numbers?????

Fed-Ex or UPS with tracking number makes perfect sense, but USPS?

When RNT puts something in the mail, it's going to arrive, count on it. Again, that is after they put it in the mail.

True. I've shipped thousands of packages in the past 5 years or so and only 3 of them have ever been "lost". I think 1 was my fault for using a bad label, 1 was a suspicious customer from the beginning, that claimed he never got it but I think he did. When I shipped it, I thought... I should just give him a refund and not ship this (should have used my better judgement), 1 was really just a lost item. Beats me on that one. It never registered with USPS and I had to just re-ship. Too bad that was an expensive one. Actually there was a 4th package. A PA system that was never received. I sent a second PA to that buyer too and had to try to forget the cost. Yuck.

So, 4 packages out of 4000, let's say. 1 in a thousand. Not bad odds.

Quote:
Forget about tracking number with USPS, it's insane to even think about it.

It's really all automatic. When using paypal you purchase postage from Paypal and the customer gets an email automatically with the tracking/delivery confirmation number.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
ekins
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
513 Posts

Profile of ekins
With the USPS it's a delivery confirmation number, not a tracking number. It does indicate it was sent and when it arrives, but typically not information along the way. You can read more about it here:

http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail/......vice.htm

-Brian
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
USPS tracking numbers are a godsend. I've had them in the past three months for packages from the US to Sydney from Owen Magic Supreme, Nielsen Magic, Stevens Magic Emporium, Madhatter International, Silk King Studios, The Magic Company, Peter Austin Magic and others and have been able to know EXACTLY and I do mean EXACTLY when I can wander down to the PO to pick up my parcels. All dealers should use the system; it fosters good customer relations.

Geoffrey

Quote:
On 2009-01-08 01:17, ekins wrote:
With the USPS it's a delivery confirmation number, not a tracking number. It does indicate it was sent and when it arrives, but typically not information along the way. You can read more about it here:

-Brian

Quote:

-Brian
"I suggest you watch very carefully..."
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Quote:

-Brian

In my experience, with most of my recent USPS international packages with a tracking number, I've been able to trace the progress of the packages from point to point and not just from the starting point to the destination, ie from leaving the US to arriving in domestic PO, clearing Customs and being delivered to home PO.

G
"I suggest you watch very carefully..."
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Fedex is my choice, however, the one Fedex plane that crashed, some time ago, had a package of mine on it. Luckily I was aable to duplicate it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I just glad it wasn't YOU on that plane Pete! You ARE irreplaceable man! Smile
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Quote:
On 2009-01-07 23:16, Krazyjay wrote:
I ordered in mid December. My communication with Epiphany Jean has been good it takes her about 2 days to write back. She answer every question that I have. I never get a tracking number, the items just show up in the mailbox. She told me that the most time consuming part is the balls.

Jeremy

I have the same experience with Krazyjay.

And my cups set is on its way

Always have faith guys... You're on the right hand who put quality first

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
Gee Where are my 4 set of cups???? I guess I got to locate the tracking number somewhere?

I have ordered some items from US Mint, most of they items had arrived over the year, but the last two items did not and they had tracking numbers. US Mint claimed they had sent the packages, but only one of the tracking number had not been recorded yet. Still both packages never showed up so I ended up calling US Mint to find out what on earth was going on, so they ended up re-shipping the two packages with confirmation forms and tracking number. Guess what? Neither package's tracking number was recordeed by USPS, but they arrived anyway. I get a feeling that US mint somehow is not getting thier products recorded, maybe someone in the shipping department has found a way to steal the products. Anyway, that was the last time I had ordered from US Mint, because I do not trust them.

Sometimes tracking numbers with USPS works, but sometimes it does not. It all depends on where the packages are coming from I guess.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I always feel better when I see a tracking number that works. It's not getting one that bugs me.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I just visited the RNT2 site and noticed that some of the cup prices have gone back up. I didn't see a mention of it on their blog (maybe the price cuts were temporary).
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
This could be Chessman.
I noticed the Aluminum Mendoza cups I originally purchased for $100 not too long ago have gone up to $125.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
There goes my hope for the Mendoza Copper Combos! Ouch!

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
Agent61,

I noticed that price increase too of $25 on the Mendoza Aluminum combo set.

but then I checked again just now and it's gone back down to $100.

I picked up a set of Paul Fox cups earlier on for $125.

it's now back up to $300!

the Mendoza Copper combo set is now back up at $450 a set. lucky for those of you who picked up a set when it was on liquidation prices (i think $250 a set??)
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
When People open a dispute with PayPal and then soon afterwords they receive their cups, they might not be getting the cups that was intended for them. They could be getting cups that were intended for someone else, and that someone else is probably forced to wait longer for their cups.

Keep in mind that when you play the game of opening a dispute with paypal to force RNT to act, you might be pushing another buyer out of line so you can get ahead. Many people are waiting just as much as you are, so you should respect the buyer that ordered before you!

I am waiting for 4 sets, each set was ordered at different times, but the first set was ordered 12-05-08. Therefore, I hope I am not force to wait longer for them because someone TRICKED RNT into sending my cups to them.

WAIT YOUR TURN!
Apprentice
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Apprentice
Madkiki,

Great point!

I have been thinking the same thing for awhile but didn't post anything.

Especially if the assumption is that RNT2 is doing their best in machine gun fashion (relatively) to put out 'custom' made products in the "Order" that people bought the cups in - that takes time.

When someone puts in a dispute through Paypal.com, one can't help but realize that what probably ends up happening is:
1) RNT will not want to lose that sale of a product
2) And will put up someonelse's set up cups that was actually ordered before ther person putting in the dispute.
3) or at the least they'll spend valuable time looking into the Paypal.com situation and it's order history and spend their time on that order instead of the person who is rightfully next in line!

I know for a fact that another member has received the same set of cups as I ordered before I have even though they ordered after me and they live in the same country as me outside the USA. the delay is not yet upto 1 week yet so I haven't bugged RNT2 and I am giving them some leeway time and benefit of the doubt.

When people can't wait for 2-4 weeks AT LEAST, which seems to be a norm for these types of cups from RNT2 - then those who make noise through a paypal dispute unfortunately cause others to be moved back.

I can understand if people put in the dispute 1-5 days before Paypal's 30 day deadline policy. but when you're being impatient then it probably affects others.

if impatient people are going to play that game and dispute much earlier than Paypal's deadline to submit a dispute then everyone should put in a dispute and then everyone will be back on even ground again.

every single buyer will be in the Paypal dispute line so RNT will have to again go back to prioritizing and shipping out orders based on who ordered first and not wassting time dealing with people who could've waited a little longer before submitting their Paypal dispute and taking time spent on other waiting customers who are rightfully in line.

if your order is really late like past 1 or two months that's a different story.

I'm talking about those who are waiting impatiently for 2-4 weeks just as everbody else here at the Café have including myself.

I'm assuming Paypal.com gives you 30 days to submit a dispute.

If you're one of those people submitting a dispute 2 or 3 weeks into your order and you know that it takes 2-4 weeks at least for delivery based on others who have received their RNT2 cups here at the forum - and taking into consideration for the holidays, the huge amount of business due to closing out prices, death in the family, family vacation, family health issues, several heavy heavy storms, telephone lines and internet disabled as a result of the storm) then waiting 2-4 weeks AT LEAST is almost a given and expected.

you can cover your butt but at least wait till you're close to the Paypal.com deadline date first becuase everyone here on the Café is aware of the back orders from the closeout sale and all the troubles RNT have "communicated" to us.

you should actually be allowing for MORE TIME and not expecting delivery within 2-4 weeks time!

again I'm not saying don't put in a dispute but at least wait and at least "realize" the situation at hand. it's not like RNT2 have not "communicated" the delays.
and if your orders are way past due and past the Paypal dispute deadline then by all means use the Paypal dispute to receive some word on your order. I respect that and would do the same if my order was several months or a year overdue without an explaination.

just my 2 cents
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Before commenting on policies you should check them out. PayPal has a 45 day dispute window. On some occasions they extend it to 180 days.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
I have no problem waiting a month or 2, even longer. But when a vendor is unresponsive for weeks at a time and "in stock" items take months - or longer to be shipped I can not blame someone for seeking whatever protection is available to them.

When I have ordered custom musical equipment with long wait times, The seller has informed me of an approximate wait time, and responded fairly quickly, most did not require full payment in advance.
Dave Shepherd
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
116 Posts

Profile of Dave Shepherd
I ordered a set of Super Shibby street cups when the price was listed as $200. (I haven't gotten them yet, but Epiphany says they're going out this week.) That was, I assume, the clearance price.

Last week I inquired about the order, because I noticed the price had gone up to $295 on the website.

Just now I looked, and the price for the same product is listed as $350. Does anybody know what this is all about?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Rings and things two for sale? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL