The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Rings and things two for sale? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
OMG...that's sad to hear. A definite loss for sure. Smile
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1309 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
Sad indeed...I wonder what happened?
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Dang it. I still think Rannie should buy them out.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
Sad news indeed (I can't for the life of me find the announcement section on their site).

I look forward to continued repoire with Jake & epiphany though...hopefully they still come around.

:(
-Todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Quote:
On 2008-12-03 21:15, lint wrote:
Sad news indeed (I can't for the life of me find the announcement section on their site).

-Todd

Todd, try clicking on the little yellow I at the top of their site--the info is posted there.

G
"I suggest you watch very carefully..."
L Trunk
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
207 Posts

Profile of L Trunk
Todd, the way to get to the announcement section is the click on the little yellow "i" button just to the right of the spinning RNT II logo.

EDIT: this is what happens when you go make a cup of tea mid-way through writing a post Smile

Earlier (see the announcement on 8/23/2008 10:45:03 AM on their site) they announced that they were liquidating and discontinuing a whole lot of items, but they kept going and did more runs of some of those anyway. So those of you who still want to place an order might be able to.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Not so Trunk!
I have been privy to this for a little while and although I knew it was coming I hated to acknowledge it! It's sad but I know that my friend Jake will be better for it health wise and hopefully somewhere down the line someone with an artistic ability an eye for detail (at least close to Jakes) will pick up wonderful company and make a go of it!

I want to tip my hat and give a hardy CHEERS to Ms Epiphany Jean for the fabulous job she has done in her time with the company, YOU ROCK GIRL!

Jake, Marcy, Pip, Jr and the wee ones are always in my heart and in my prayers!

Good luck in ALL you do in the future,

Mick
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Closed indefinitely does not mean closed forever. It means they are undecided how long it will be closed. I have a hunch that when March comes around they'll still be taking orders.

When it's in your blood, sometimes you just keep on going. Smile
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Epiphany
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
187 Posts

Profile of Epiphany
Indefinately until new owners purchase the company. I'll be attending William and Mary College studying law and will not have time to carry this on. It would be unfair to any future owners should the company sell to have an announcement that said the company would never return.

My uncle is up from New Orleans to help with the back log of orders that are awaiting polishing and shipping and getting them out as quickly as possible.

I'll be attending WMS in 2009 with my father and look foward to meeting some of you.

Sincerely,
Epiphany Jean
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I'll see you in Vegas!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
967 Posts

Profile of lint
May God continue to bless you guys Epiphany & Jake.

-Todd
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I've been on the fence about a few things on the site. I guess now's the time! It'll certainly be a sad day, but hopefully good things will come out of it. I look forward to meeting Jake and Epiphany in Vegas. On another site, Kent Gunn posted that he's going to bring a table and stuff to session with. I was thinking the same thing. Anyone else?
Mike McErlain
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto & Green Cove Springs, FL
130 Posts

Profile of Mike McErlain
Very,very disappointing and sad on sooooo many levels....
a potential extreme "loss" to the industry....RnT2 has produced product/products that are second to none!
As a cumstomer (in these challenging economic times), I'm hoping to recoup my "paid" investments in any way possible.
Very sad situation indeed.
My prayers to Jake, Marcy and Epiphany; people if have never met, but I've felt very close to.
Mike
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2008-12-04 01:23, pepka wrote:
I've been on the fence about a few things on the site. I guess now's the time! It'll certainly be a sad day, but hopefully good things will come out of it. I look forward to meeting Jake and Epiphany in Vegas. On another site, Kent Gunn posted that he's going to bring a table and stuff to session with. I was thinking the same thing. Anyone else?

I may have a set of cups with me.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Magic Researcher
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Magic Researcher
Certainly this closing can come as no surprise. Most magic manufacturing is a cottage industry meaning all work is done by one person (or possibly a few family members helping). The business is basically that one person. If the all important person becomes ill, it is all over. This is a fact of life and is not unexpected. It would be unfair to expect a college student to attend school and run the manufacturing business where she would need to do much if not all of the labor. There are only so many hours in a day and she has put her life on hold long enough. The daughter must find her own way in life and go after her own dreams. This is to be encouraged and supported. Over the years many other fine magic manufacturing businesses have had to close for the same reason or other valid reasons. This is the normal course of events and begging for more apparatus by magicians does not help the situation. Let them close down with peace and dignity.
MR
Repeating a falsehood often and loudly does not make it true.
Philp
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Philp
I just wanted to add my thanks and best wishes to all of the team at RNT2. You will be missed.

Philip
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Epiphany: It will be great to see you and "The Mad One" at the WMS in Las Vegas next March (It'll be here sooner than we realize).

We have some great talent booked and are looking forward to our Cups & Balls Sessions.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Epiphany, Jake and all the gang at RNT II,

I want to wish you all the best in whatecer endeavours you go to next.

Thank you for everything.

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
milesg
View Profile
Regular user
(of experimental medications)
160 Posts

Profile of milesg
You're exactly right Bill. It's so easy for small operations like that to run into a problem that kills the business. I will be saddened to see them go. I've only recently become aware of their services to the magic community, but everyone talks about them with such admiration. It's amazing to see a group of people so dedicated and so skilled at their craft.

I feel fortunate to have taken the plunge in purchasing a set of cups from them, and I look forward to the day that they appear my mailbox. But as Magic Researcher said, it is important that Jake and everyone involved can move on to the next step in their lives and of course have every chance to tend to their health and enjoy life.

I only hope that my order doesn't cause an unnecessary burden on their final days of production.

-Miles
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Does anybody has the list of what is available to buy? I am not so clear from the announcement what are the cups/items that they still have in stock.

Thank you
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Rings and things two for sale? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL