The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Good quality cards but thiner than bycicle brand? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Do you know any good quality cards but thinner than bycicle brand?
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
May I know what you want them for? Card Manipulations? Or standard card work?
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Standard card work....i need to put more cards in a deck, but have to look regular
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I don't think the thin cards that are meant for card manipulation are ideal for standard card work.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
I would agree. Most card manipulators card decks are designed for stage manipulation only. They would probably be much to thin for your need. I do not have any brands off the top of my head, but I do recall some asian cards I saw once that were thinner then normal cards and would work ok. If I come across them, I will let you know.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Thanks, but I do not need the thinnest cards (like manipulator cards), just thinner cards than bycicle brand (but good quality cards)
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
The thinnest you will be able to find is older "STUDs" brand playing cards (they were walgreen's store brand)

the newer STUDs are as thick as bicycles but if you visit ebay you can get older STUDs for around 4 or 5 bucks a deck. they have very high quality USPCC finishes and are EXTREMELY thin. I think you could add as much as 6 to 10 cards without exceeding the thickness of a standard bicycle deck.

how can you be sure? well, just search for "old STUD playing cards" or look for a vibrant, bright Blue or Red box. The newest STUDs have darker colors on them.

other very thin (but slightly harder to find) decks are the Absolut vodka playing card deck, and the Virginia Slims deck, these are out-of-print but can be found on ebay as well...
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I used to use Arrco Streamlines, when I was a kid. It's a noticeably thinner stock than Bicycles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Good quality cards but thiner than bycicle brand? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL