We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » True Astonishments DVD Set by Paul Harris » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..40~41~42~43~44..56..67..78..89..100..101~102~103 [Next]
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Quote:
On 2009-01-11 17:27, Alakazak wrote:
Hey guys and gals,
I understand that the latter being a bit less prevelant, but nonetheless (sp?).
I hate to be the person that 'enrages a silverhead in bingo' so to speak, but I recently bidded on Rich Ferguson's seat at the dinner and was fortunate enough to secure this spot amongst the fortunate few. However; I want to represent more than myself at the function. I understand that there are more than a handful of 'enlightened' individuals that would like to pry at the omniscient mind of Paul Harris, despite the fact that he is recieving our words as we type. So please... Considering that this is a Q&A session, let me know what you would have asked had you had the chance and I would be more than happy to take the most *relevant questions and pass them on. I understand that this is a seldom seen chance and I don't want those that missed out due to server issues or a tyrannical lover to miss the chance to express themselves. I appreciate all of your input, so please don't hesitate, as we are less than a couple weeks away. Rest assured that the entire experience will be covered by myself the evening of the event, so please tune in... Thank you.

Mysteriously Yours,
Zacharias Heath

P.S. To Those whom are making their way to the San Fran area for the event, we should strongly consider meeting up at a local pub before or afterward to chat-chit about some of the experiences we had, and build relationships that will surely fuel our futures in magic. My e-mail is pointblankmagic@yahoo.com if you would like to collaborate.

*relevant-By relevant, I mean questions that further the understanding of individuals seeking a better understanding of the landscape of mystery, astonishment and the like. Excluding questions, such as, 'Have you ever picked up some strange with magic?', 'What is the ideal material to perform for the skanks of British Columbia?', and of course, 'How do you open the *** box.'

Thank you!

Congrats on winning and thank you!

I would love to know this.
Knowing what Paul knows about close up magic, astonishment and the creation thereof, it must be fairly rare to feel astonishment (in the true sense) himself. So I would love to hear a story about the most recent time that Paul felt that "true astonishment" from a magical effect and what he thinks was the reasoning behind it making him feel that way...

I am sure this is all on the DVD's, but I would love to hear his reaction to this on a personal level... like over dinner and not with a camera in his face Smile
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
For Paul:

Ginger or Mary Ann?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mind Melter
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
179 Posts

Profile of Mind Melter
..that eBay auction for a dinner seat with Paul...

Ended up at $415 USD!!! Whoa, that's nutters and more than the TA set itself haha
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Quote:
On 2009-01-11 18:18, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
For Paul:

Ginger or Mary Ann?

I second this!
Mary Ann all the way... but I would love to hear Paul's take on this one too!
Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt. ~ Shakespeare
Wesker
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Wesker
It ended at $415, he snipped it away from me at the end! :X

Ah whatever, have a good time at the dinner!
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1347 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Mary Ann
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2113 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Of course, any time with Paul is actually "priceless".

Congrats.

You will encounter the most gentle, humble, creative soul. One with a cheshire cat smile and a love of root beer. Infact, that's the way to Paul's heart -- root beer! Roll up with a six-pack and you'll be da man!

Have fun.

Ben
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Matt Graves
View Profile
Special user
Huntsville, Alabama (USA)
504 Posts

Profile of Matt Graves
I ordered mine from Hank Lee before I knew of the video conference and all . . . doubt I will get any sort of contact with P.H. via video or anything . . . but anyone who does . . . drop me a line and fill me in on the details. When exactly are these supposed to come out anyway? I have heard everything from Jan. 15th to the very end of the month? Ah well . . . if it's the end of the month it'll be right in time for my birthday . . . just glad the project was completed at all. I have literally kept a check on this since it was first discussed as a possibility . . . then finally gave up on it as of last year. Then lo and behold, they did it after all. Awesomeness . . .
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2009-01-11 18:18, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
For Paul:

Ginger or Mary Ann?

Good one, Christopher.

Robert

PS - Paul: What's your favorite trick? What's your dog's name?
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Ginger or Mary Ann????

Can anyone shed light on this? Are they the names of PH's last 2 wives/flings/cats/children/pet names for his pinky and ring finger???
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1347 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Quote:
On 2009-01-11 22:36, kambiz wrote:
Ginger or Mary Ann????

Can anyone shed light on this? Are they the names of PH's last 2 wives/flings/cats/children/pet names for his pinky and ring finger???

Here you go.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057751/
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Quote:
On 2009-01-11 16:09, Jay Buchanan wrote:
What if this forum is really an experiment in human psychology?
What if none of this is really happening?
What if Jason doesn't really exist and this project is just a figment of our imagination? A dream, so to speak? What if Paul Harris is the one running this bizarre experiment? Smile

I know for a fact that Jason is real. I sent him an email and got an auto responce saying that he was on vacation, and he would get back to me as soon as he was back!

I am just wondering how he can still be on vacation, I sent that email over 2 years ago LOL
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
doodah
View Profile
New user
California
23 Posts

Profile of doodah
I am laughing my head off at the Ginger / Mary Ann controversy folks.
By now you should all know...that given the opportunity...Paul would likely wait for twilight, utter the magic phrase "Gilligan will again", and then blend the two of them into a bizarre, Tap-Dancing hybrid which will be available on hidden disk number 10 as "Ginger Ann".
My doctor says that I am losing my short-term memory, and he also says that I am losing my short-term memory.
Jay Buchanan
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
512 Posts

Profile of Jay Buchanan
Quote:
On 2009-01-11 23:42, doodah wrote:
I am laughing my head off at the Ginger / Mary Ann controversy folks.
By now you should all know...that given the opportunity...Paul would likely wait for twilight, utter the magic phrase "Gilligan will again", and then blend the two of them into a bizarre, Tap-Dancing hybrid which will be available on hidden disk number 10 as "Ginger Ann".

LOL!!

Good point! Smile
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2009-01-11 23:42, doodah wrote:
"Ginger Ann".

Don't skipper.
Here she is little buddies...Ginger Ann.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJOR24h9ZAo&feature=related

"She wants to kiss and hug and stuff like that!"
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Next - Veronica and Betty splicing please
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJOR24h9ZAo&feature=related

"She wants to kiss and hug and stuff like that!"

Is it just coincidence that Gilligan wanted rootbeer in that clip posted above??? Maybe Paul has already been to the island and back! (and what is up with that Gilligan anyway, does he not like girls? Nevermind, we're already way off topic!)
Redsixer
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Redsixer
Wait a minute...how come Mrs Howell isn't in the discussion?
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1899 Posts

Profile of Daren
So more pointless posts about absolute nothing!!! can we get back on topic?
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
There's nothing else to talk about. No new information, trailers or teasers are coming out. Everyone is excited though.

To stay on topic..what's the first thing you're going to do when your TA box gets to your domicile?

I believe I will crack open a nice cold American beer, grab my Kershaw knife and go to town on that little cardboard box. Oh, and cancel all plans for the evening.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » True Astonishments DVD Set by Paul Harris » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11..19..27..35..40~41~42~43~44..56..67..78..89..100..101~102~103 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.39 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL