The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Doctor Nagler's Diary...Best Diary trick to date! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Dr. Nagler has just put out the BEST diary tricks on the market called Doctor Nagler's Diary...

Here's the effect:

Doctor Nagler's Diary

A single playing card is face down in the victim's hand at the top. "I have a present for you. I can't show it to you now. When's your birthday?" (Victim is handed a small pocket diary.) "Look up your birthday. Turn over your card." (The card printed in the diary on the victim's birthday is the card in their hand.)

OR -

2 different playing cards are placed in 2 different victims hands.

Each victim names their birthday. The cards in their paws are the cards printed on their birthdays.

A single ungaffed playing card is placed in the victim's hand at the top.

No switches.

No preparation.

No nail-writing or secret writing in the diary.

The card in the hand is pre-printed in the diary on the date they name.

You don't know the date the victim is going to name before they name it.

Victim can name any of 366 dates, including February 29.

Perfect for table hopping.

A different card is at the selected date at different tables.

People can follow you around and watch you again, and again and again.

Embarrassingly easy to do.

$99 - $5 shipping US - $15 international

To order:

Bill Nagler, M.D. - 16311 Middlebelt, Livonia MI 48154 - 734-422-8040
800-511-9769 - billnagler@yahoo.com - http://www.25offmagic.com

A review will be posted soon....
LAmaze5410
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of LAmaze5410
Sounds good.
Looking forward to your review.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
I would wait some buyer unbiased review:

the effect sound good but also his any card any number sounded very good. except for the fact it was not good at all in my opinion
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
PsiDroid

I understand your point but this diary trick is the best!! Spectators absolutely goes nuts for this type of effect and this one is the ultimate!

Regards
Frank
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
As someone with a keen interest in dairy effects , for this to be the BEST diary effect on the market . The diary would have to be in play before the date is named and not removed from one of many pockets after the date is named . Given the detailed what its not in the descritpion above , seems this minor point is not there.

Andy
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
As someone with a keen interest in dairy effects , for this to be the BEST diary effect on the market . The diary would have to be in play before the date is named and not removed from one of many pockets after the date is named . Given the detailed what its not in the descritpion above , seems this minor point is not there.

Andy
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
The diary can be in play BEFORE a date is mentioned if you chose to do so...I believe this to be one of the best diary tricks on the market....absolutely brilliant! This effect went straight into my act!!
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
The BEST diary effect? As I remember all inventors and all dealer write that their new released effect is the BEST. The question is: How has the BEST diary effect to look?

1. The diary has to be on the table, before the card or any date is named.
2. The effect should be direct. No think to a card and "calculate" it into a date instruction.
3. The spectator can flip through the diary, stop and look before and after the effect without to notice any suspicious things within the pages.
4. The spectator has the free choice, no force.
5. No stooges or instant stooges

If the effect can fulfill all these points, I would say it´s the BEST diary effect.
And if the effect is also repeatable instantly in front of the same audience with a different outcome, it´s the BEST diary effect ever. Smile

At the moment, without different reviews, I just see a promise and the highest price I ever saw for a diary effect. So just alone for that price the effect has to be good. Smile
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Cinchiller

Here are the points about Dr. Nagler's Diary trick:

1. The diary can be on the table, before the card or any date is named but it is up to you if you need to do this. I personally do not do this....

2. The effect IS direct. There is NO think to a card and "calculate" it into a date instruction.

3. The spectator can absolutely flip through the diary, stop and look before and after the effect without to notice any suspicious things within the pages.

4. The spectator has the free choice, no force and 100% Sure fire each time!!

5. There are No stooges or instant stooges...

This is why I believe this to be the ultimate Diary trick. Like I said, I do not bring out the diary before a card is named. You can...but it is NOT necessary...

It definitely is pricey but it would take a long time to track down the props....

Magically,
Frank V.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Maybe he can save us time, and expose the effect on his site. Like he does dozens of other effects.
afuoco
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
208 Posts

Profile of afuoco
I find it interesting that Slydini62 was the lead cheerleader for Dr. Nagler's "Card at any Number" some time back. Better wait for an unbiased review, folks.
Arnie
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Hi Slydini62

"1. The diary can be on the table, before the card or any date is named but it is up to you if you need to do this. I personally do not do this...."

Can you tell us why you don't do this? It's a stronger effect if you do.

Peter
Alternative Magic
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of The Wizards Machine
Any pictures of the diary?

Thanks.

Wizard
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Hello Frank ,

Thank you for the two detailed descriptions . It really does sound impossible from them . A ungaffed playing card which is not switched and held by the spectator, making it a fixed prediction , a diary in view from the start, a free choice of day by the spectator , and the date not known in advance . Happily baffled .
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Peter, you are right, of course. Having the diary on the table from the very beginning is far stronger. I love diary effects and do some, better just ("only") one... As we all know and read "dealer's language" and should have learned to read between the lines it's clear that you can have "the" (one) diary on the table from the beginning ... but run the (highly) risk (o.k., if you are clever it's not a risk) to have to switch it... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2008-11-18 12:07, pduffie wrote:
Hi Slydini62

"1. The diary can be on the table, before the card or any date is named but it is up to you if you need to do this. I personally do not do this...."

Peter

Frank,

I have mixed feeling about Diary Effects (not this one, in general) so I echo the question of Peter...

Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Paolo

I definitely will start bringing out the diary before any date is called out.

I also very happy with Peter Duffie's dairy trick as well. Nagler's version is very strong because the diary is out, a date is named and they have had the playing card in their hand the entire time. Killer stuff!!

Thanks!
Frank
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Read my statement...
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Time will tell if this is any good
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Anyone took the plunge ??
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Doctor Nagler's Diary...Best Diary trick to date! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL