The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Sam Schwartz has passed away (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
370 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Dear friends, my heart is sad and heavy this afternoon as I send this e-mail to report the passing of my friend Sam Schwartz. A legend in his own time, Sam is a terrible loss to the magic world and to me and my family.

Sam was an attorney and had been the attorney for Lou Tannens. He was a very close personal friend of Warren Kaps, Esq., Past National President S.A.M. Assembly 274 of The Society of American Magicians is named after him.

Brilliant in his magic, his love for the art spanned over 6 decades and covered countless effects and inventions of his. His book Sam's was released a few years ago, in hardback, and was an instant hit with the magic world that so deeply loved and admired him.

It was my honor to fly to New York to present him a congratulatory plaque three years ago when the Parent Assembly #1 of New York named him the Magician of the Year and paid him honors at the Tribeca Center. What a humble and appreciative man he was, gracious beyond compare.

Sam and Selma Schwartz, the eternal sweethearts, moved from Boynton Beach, Florida to New York to be closer to their only daughter and grandaughter. He is survived by his wife, daughter, grandaughter and son in law.

No further details are available at this time, but I will send them out as I get them. Please keep Selma, the family and all those of us who knew and loved him so deeply in your prayers; this is truly a terrible, terrible loss.

Respectfully

Maria Ibâñez
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I'm sorry.

Mark.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
What a loss! He was an institution.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Sam Schwartz has passed away (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL