The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Johnson products (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

indianajones
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of indianajones
I recently stumbled upon a thread that mentioned Johnson coins and went to check it out at the suggested website... they look handsomely made compared to the ones I've seen by other brands... I'd just like to get opinions regarding Johnson products... they are a little more expensive so I'd like to justify to myself before getting them...

Thanks
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
831 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
I highly suggest Johnson coins. I own a few sets of their gaffed sets and they are outstanding. Hopefully this helps.
-Bill
Smile
CitinoMAGIC: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS eBook - AVAILABLE NOW!
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1280 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
You get what you pay for, at least in this case!
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
indianajones
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of indianajones
The thread I read mentioned that the hopping halves were very well done by Johnson, does that go for all their products? I was thinking of getting other coin and gaff products from them... what site can I go to to get the best deal?
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Johnson makes great quality products. Nothing less on all their items. I would highly recommend buying from them. Awesome quality for an affordable price.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
JC33
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of JC33
I don't own any other brands so I can't compare, but I have been extremely satisfied with the Johnson products I have purchased.
mrlavaboy
View Profile
New user
Indpls
94 Posts

Profile of mrlavaboy
I have another brand S&S and I wish I had Johnson. I have the Johnson Hopping. They are the best. The good thing about their Hopping is that it comes with expanded shells not just the usual cut down coins that the others use.

Good stuff.

andy
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3140 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I agree that Johnson Coins are great. However, in my case anyway, I have come across some shoddy Johnson Coins. Namely their expanded Quarter shells. Other than a few "instances", I do agree overall they are great coins. In my experience anyway, I have come across some very good coins from Sterling too. I would steer away from Sasco.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
I own a couple of Johnson real silver gaffs, Kennedy 1964'ers. They are all of superb quality. Stay away from Sasco. I can't speak for other Johnson products, except their Jardin Ellis ring, extremely well made!
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
2003 user
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of 2003 user
Johnson gaffs are the best. I would highly recommend buying from them. Superb quality for an affordable price.
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Overall, high quality, and the folks at Johnson are a pleasure to deal with. They are accomodating, and responsible. They back their products and will replace defective or shoddy work, if it happens to slip by their quality control. Delivery is usually prompt, and communication is easy. You really can't go far wrong with these guys - my highest recommendation - and I have dealt with them for over 25 years - in fact, I used to order in large quantities from them when I ran "The House of Magic" and "The Palace of Magic" in San Francisco, back in the '70's.

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
I got 4 1921 Morgans and shell, very nice, and great people who were very helpful.
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Littel known fact about Johnson Products. For a long time Mike Caveney worked there making gaffed coins etc.

Making magic stuff is a very SMALL part of the business. They make high quality parts for motorcycles bicycles and other automotive aftermarket suppliers.
Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
indianajones
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of indianajones
hey, guys, thanks for the info...all very helpful...thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Johnson products (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL