The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Looking For D'Lite Info (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicalmischief
View Profile
Loyal user
Massachusetts
239 Posts

Profile of magicalmischief
I am going to purchase the D'lite system... But I am a tad concerned about wether or not the effect will actually fit. Can anyone help me. Are the tips hard or soft plastic..Are they a one-size fits all kind "o" thing...I have a thumbtip that barely fits so I want to know if it's worth it before I purchase them.

Smile
Seems to me that death is just natures way of telling us to SLOW DOWN!
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Try doing a search in the Good, Bad, and Garbage section, you may find some of the answers there. I just purchased one and I know that they come in kids and adult sizes, but I'm not sure about DIFFERENT adult sizes.

Most magic shops will let you try it on before you purchase it, if there's one in your neck of the woods.

Good luck!
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi,

Yes they do come in different sizes...kids or adult size. Like Chad, I'm not sure if the adult sizes are different as they are in TT's.( I wear kid size ones myself)

You only get one in a box. Two are the best, but that's my opinion. Chad suggested if there was a magic shop in your area to try them on,good suggestion. If that is not possible then I would purchase one pair only and you'd be able to see how to make your own. (Buy the d'lite first however to give royalities to the creator.) There are many post on the Café regarding d'lites, may be worth checking out.
Smile
fxmagik
View Profile
New user
UK
28 Posts

Profile of fxmagik
Pity your not in the UK as there is a wholesale joke supplier that sell a box of 12 "Flashing Fingers" for £15 they are a good size and soften up as you use them,they also come in 2 skin shades, which works great for us Brits,this way if we ever get a suntan they will still match Smile
www.specialfxmagic.com
It ain't what you do! It's the Way that you do it!
AragorntheMagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Metro-Atlanta
304 Posts

Profile of AragorntheMagician
Ones I've gotten are soft plastic. And can be used to add to any routine besides just pulling pretty lights out of the air, ear, mouth, etc. I use mine for my "Pollination" routine where I twist up a balloon flower, Pollinate it, and pull a large silk load from the bulb of the flower.
Yours,
Aragorn the Magician
aka: Bob
Smile
aka: I used to be BOB (It's Cellini's fault)
"All Right, Who's Volunteering to be Turned into a Frog???"
www.aragornthemagician.com
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
They are available in in both soft and hard. The soft ones are a more recent addition. I recommend the soft ones. Smile
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Anthatron
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Anthatron
They are soft plastic. I have huge hands and the adult size fits me fine. I know what you mean about tt's. They feel like they are too small and hanging ten feet out. D'lite is one of my most talked about and asked about tricks that I perform. Keep your hands moving to stay in the clear.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I have the soft kind and I love them. They fit easier on me that hard tips.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
The new ones have an improvement. A plastic disk covers the "wire" eliminating the classic stuck on problem or bent wire that doesn't work.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Patrick T.
View Profile
New user
Esslingen / Germany
39 Posts

Profile of Patrick T.
Hi
Yeah, I have the new ones too and you can get two of them in one package (Its cheaper than buying two single ones)
Patrick Thomas
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
You could always make your own.

all you need is a L.E.D. I believe. You can get the little light and battery at Radio Shack. You'll need to play around a bit to fit it into the TT, but it can be done, obviously. Use silcone to attach it on the inside. A saudering gun will allow you to affix the light and battery together. Make sure you bend the light wire up so it can be pressed down on the battery to light up and when released, it will go back up.

over and out,

j.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I would suggest getting them from the original creator of the effect Juan Mayoral. His are VERY well made are are far brighter IMHO then the Rocco ones. Some have accused Rocco of stealing the idea from Juan after seeing him perform at a convention. However, I do not know the full story and Juan was too much of gentlemen to spread tell me whether then rumours were true when I asked him in person.

He also has an amazing range of products that include a blendo bag that you 'put' the lights into then turn into an cloth covered in lights like a starscape, a string of lights you can pull from your mouth like razor blades and some blue and gold oens which are GREAT!
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Gday Nicholas,
I want to ask you if you have a link or a way to contact Juan Mayoral? I saw a friend on the weekend do a D'Lite routine ending with a string of red lights from his mouth. It got a super good reaction and looked very nice. He told me it was very expensive.
Thanks,
JoJo
Magic guy in Perth Australia
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
Making your own D'Lite as Johnpert suggests would just about cost the same. D'Lites are getting real cheap now. Hasbro or someone is supposed to be cutting a deal on them with the inventor, so use them while you can. They will be in kids magic sets before you can blink a...

I love the Blendo bag. It's a nice finish and it gets a great reaction. If you own one and want to know a modification I wired for reliability, let me know.
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Would any of you happen to know the brightness of the LED in a dlite?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Looking For D'Lite Info (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL