The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Traveler by Tim Feher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Hey Folks!

Tim Feher, La Famiglia's newest family member, has a new coin routine on
the Godfather's site (vinnymarini.com). I've been a huge fan of Tim's work ever since I discovered his purse frame routine 'Nothin Or Somthin'.
His routines are always straight forward, creative and most importantly magical.
I think his latest offering is no exception. 'Coin Traveller' is a 3 coins across with not one but two great versions. Personally I can't decide which I like better, they're both niiice! And for you purists, no gaffs needed...

Enjoy!
http://www.vinnymarini.com/download/cointraveler.html
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Nice and straight forward.

John
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
NICE! Tim's coin work is always super sexy lol. Love the new video page too.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
You're going to love this one from Tim, it's nice and direct and he shows you 2 ways to skin this cat...Smile Good magic, great teaching, what else do you want...Oh yeah, you want a great price also, well you got that too. Smile

Always affordable magic at http://www.VinnyMarini.com and from a great guy at that. I highly recommend it. Smile Good job Cap'n Feher. Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
This is what I love, in your face magic The Captain makes it happen. This is a small price for something that plays big
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Wow thanks guys.
Your the best
Captain
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The Captain had did it again. Another mission accomplished.

What I like the most about the Captain is how he makes no one walks the plank.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
This looks good, even better live. Smile
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
I wonder why he is called The Captain Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I thought he was a Coin-el...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
All I know is that the skill to him is not a job, it's an adventure.
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 21:33, MarkTirone wrote:

Why not....lol it has a nice ring to it...plus the Godfather and Marion gave it to me...lol So I'm running with it.
You seen what happens when you go against the Godfather in the movies...lol

The Captain
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I looked at the effect several times and then at the method which I thought I had understood. Tim's handling is so clean and so perfect that I had picked the wrong possibility.

I love both versions. In fact, according to Tim's suggestion, the second should be strolling doing HPC in a spectator's hand: it would look better since the absence of a large table would not supply a geographical or space reference and the coin would appear just on the spectator's hand in the off beat. On a tble maybe the second one should make use of Michel Rubinstein's variant of the Gallo pitch (where the coin gets in the other hand rather than on the table) instead of the HPC but since the effect is clearly made for hopping magic with standing spectators, the HPC is the good choice.
Tim's magic is a magic I like: it's direct, natural, deliberate... in a word: magic.

Some of the moves Tim uses are not common things shown everywhere thousand of times: there is creativity in there as in teh script, and the apparent simplicity of the effect is just the trade mark of great work.

Another point is that Tim is one of the rare magician who is a natural when it comes to misdirection. One should buy all his effects just to follow the subtleties in his management of spectators' attention.

As a last point, even if he doesn't have merit to it (?), Tim has an extremely good voice for a magician. It's non challenging, reinsuring but keeping the attention up. If it's natural, it's gift, if it's acting it's great work, if it's a bit of both it's talent

An acquisition I definitely not regret (my understatement of the month)
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Guys, this looks great when done in a spectator's hand. Personally, I think the second coin in their hand is the most magical out of all of them. It's a great coins across.
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Quote:
On 2008-11-22 11:25, feher wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 21:33, MarkTirone wrote:

Why not....lol it has a nice ring to it...plus the Godfather and Marion gave it to me...lol So I'm running with it.
You seen what happens when you go against the Godfather in the movies...lol

The Captain
hehe that made me lol Tim. Nice one!
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Lawrence
Thanks so much for the review of my new download. Its a routine that goes quick but wants them to want more. Like I said before this is for improptu situations. It show them alittle magic and your skills without bringing the house. Like they say show them enough for them to want more, that's what gets you the calls.

Magicman4646
Thanks buddy!!! It was a pleasure hanging out with you at the Convention. I'm sure we'll see more of each other. Be good.

Thanks again everyone

The Captain
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Traveler by Tim Feher (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL