The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Global Warming - What have you done to help? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I'm helping by not tipping the police if I know a serial killer. Less people less polution.

I have aways shut off lights and don't litter so until I start doing the opposite I can't change.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
On 2008-11-21 13:10, Tom Bartlett wrote:
Quote:
So the natural course of the pendulum indicates that since the earth was hotter at one time in history it should happen again no mater what man does. The earth should also have another ice age for the same reason.

I would have to agree with you, that no mater what man does the natural swing will once again bring the warming and cooling of the earth.

You are absolutely correct, Tom. There are long term effects we can do nothing about. The sun, for example, will ultimately run out of fuel and go cold and there is nothing we can do about it.

The more important questions are

1. Do human actions have a significant impact on the earth's climate and quality on some time scale?
2. If the answer to 1. is "yes" do we have a moral obligation to do something about it?
3. If the answers to 1. and 2. are "yes" what can we do?

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 03:28, Brian Proctor wrote:
I turned off my TV. Saves electricity and sanity. Got tired of listening to the green this, green that, were going green, I ate green eggs and ham zombies that flood the media. If I hear someone say "were going green" one more time, I will puke, and it won't be green. No offense intended to the above posters. Change should be gradual and at a healthy rate. Every other commercial ends or starts with the phrase "going green." I can't take it anymore! Smile

I agree with you, I absolutely hate the term "green," it has become more of a fad than it has a real term for solution.

I know that global warming can't be completely reversed or that the environmental impacts that humans have made can ever be reversed. But the facts remain, we as human beings extract carbon from the earth and burn it, we produce chemicals capable of destroying water systems, plantlife, and animals. We are destroying the world around us and it's only until something horrible happens that people decide to change things. The world is not capable of supporting the projected 12 billion people that there are supposed to be within the coming years. With the amount of water availalble, oxygen produced, and crops and livestocks we have, we will not be able to support that many people.

This post was not intended to get into an argument as to whether or not it's real. Because even if it isn't, we are still destroying the very things we depend on. If every person and business contributed there could be a significant improvement to the environment, even if global warming doesn't change. Global warming isn't the only problem with the environment, the amount of waste we produce is another. And that was the purpose of this post, so far only one person has truely replied.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
1. No
2. No
3. Mind your own business and work around me.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 14:16, Doug Higley wrote:
1. No
2. No
3. Mind your own business and work around me.

That's fine, in the next couple years when you're in a nursing home, my generation will stick you in the basement for your ignornace.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Oh and for the record I hate al gore just as much as everyone else. He didn't invent global warming, he just made a bad movie on it.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Up yours punk

ignornace?
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 14:23, Doug Higley wrote:
Up yours punk

ignornace?

Well for all the old people who are about to die, it doesn't really matter what you do because no one cares anyway. For the upcoming generation everything we decide matters. This post wasn't for someone like you who only cares about himself. It was for people who actually care about what they do and how it affects others.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Dude you're a real blanking cuss word!

So, why don't you shut the cuss word up!

Blank you (on behalf of old people everywhere.)

What branch of the service were you in?
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 14:23, Doug Higley wrote:
Up yours punk

ignornace?

Doug,
You are a punk!
You like the same girl I do so even if I think you are a punk I'll still pop around your underground nursing home, bring you ice cream and see if you have any really nice DP pictures. If you don't well then you are really screwed. No ice cream. Sorry.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Yeah...you know it all I'm sure...the world is saved because you are upcoming...

give me a break.

You don't know what I care about or who...what I don't care about is morons like Gore preaching to me about what I SHOULD care about especilly when they are talking out of their butt and buying onto a total money grab and scam. ie: I don't care about YOU personally is a safe bet.

Thank you ABC you 'other' punk. But no Home...I'm going out on a Coaster.

DP pictures??? That could mean...never mind...
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I really don't mean to be so vulgar but this is a serious issue that can and will affect everyone one day. And it is true, the older generation will be fine and not have to worry. But those old habbits of the past should stay in the past. Energy efficiency should be something that everyone practices, you save money anyway. Entire society's have been destroyed because they were not in balance with their environment. The same thing is happening now but on a global scale.

P.S. I like old people Smile
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Answer the question...

Which branch of the service were you in?
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 13:37, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
On 2008-11-21 13:10, Tom Bartlett wrote:
Quote:
So the natural course of the pendulum indicates that since the earth was hotter at one time in history it should happen again no mater what man does. The earth should also have another ice age for the same reason.

I would have to agree with you, that no mater what man does the natural swing will once again bring the warming and cooling of the earth.

You are absolutely correct, Tom. There are long term effects we can do nothing about. The sun, for example, will ultimately run out of fuel and go cold and there is nothing we can do about it.

The more important questions are

1. Do human actions have a significant impact on the earth's climate and quality on some time scale?
2. If the answer to 1. is "yes" do we have a moral obligation to do something about it?
3. If the answers to 1. and 2. are "yes" what can we do?

John
We can be good conservatives! Be productive, don’t wait on the other person to the right thing, be personally responsible. As Smoky the Bear said; ”Only you can prevent forest fires.”
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Are you talking to me? I wasn't in the service nor do I believe in war. That's a whole other issue because there are religious ties. But, I do support the troops and hope they come home soon!
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Remember it isn't called "global warming" any more. That's so ... 2005. It's "climate change." "Climate change covers all the bases. Even Roger Revelle said that global warming alarmism was wrong. Gore responded by telling reporters that Revelle was senile.
POOF!
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 14:39, Doug Higley wrote:
Thank you ABC you 'other' punk. But no Home...I'm going out on a Coaster.

DP pictures??? That could mean...never mind...

I know exactly what it could also mean and I am sure I could think of some more examples if I am very sober or very (under the influence).....
Just wanted to check if you were on the same line of thought and obviously you are.
Tell me when you het "real" retirement age and I'll be there with tons of ice cream.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
David...please...look at the other side...that side is the NATURAL swing of things...the friggin' SUN. there is no need to feel guilty or change the world back to horse and buggys...the models used to point the finger are steadily being proven to be WRONG and bogus. I didn't do it. WE didn't do it. YOU can't save it.

Carbon is FOOD not a pollutant. Plants thrive on it. One volcano will outdo all the entire history of man's contribution in a single day. IF the carbon dioxide were a polutant, I might agree with you...but it ISN'T. It's a commodity...and bad science. Even NASA just admitted their models were WRONG based on incorrect data.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Yes, I am talking to you!

So shut the cuss word up.

Punks like you are worthless.

"I don't believe in war...blah, blah"

What you are really saying is I am not an AMERICAN who believes in the constitutation or my country. You just want to sit on a perch somewhere and tell US what to do!

Take a hike a-schmo!
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
No I didn't say that, you said that I said that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Global Warming - What have you done to help? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL