The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Andrew Mayne's stuff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mary Jane
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Mary Jane
Hiya folks!

Has anyone bought Andrew Mayne's Gut Buster or Bisection? I've just seen old trailers for them and seen them performed in London. They both look awesome. If you have do they have very complicated set ups or limitations?

Thanks - I'd appreciate thoughts on these.

MJ
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
756 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
I own gut buster and it has a set up that you have to wear. It is based on a very old principle. Andrew just makes it look a little more like the scene from the original Alien movie.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I think this might be in the wrong section...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia, PA, USA
183 Posts

Profile of ReggieB
Ok, good. I was a little confused Smile
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5105 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
We're just misunderstood, in this section. We think we need to do "real" things.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Heh heh...
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
I'm confused....

..but that has nothing to do with this thread.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Mary Jane
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Mary Jane
Oops sorry which one should I stick this in?
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Maybe the bizarre magic section?

Not too sure really.
Blog:
View Profile
Inner circle
3607 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Do you really want to know where to stick it!!!
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Kondini by Charles Dickens
Higley's Doug's Museum
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

I think we all know where Kondini wants to stick it
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Try the Illusion section
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Speaking of Gut Buster. I was at dinner with my in laws and their best friends last night, whom are visiting for two weeks. So we are at the dinner table when the female friend says "What's this about you swallowing swords" (they are from the north west of England so picture the NORTHERN accent) My mother in law chimes in "It's not real is it, I don't think it is. IT CAN'T BE!"" I had just gotten home from the airport after being gone for three days and haven't seen them in six months so I was unsure how they even knew I did this. I ask how they found out and my wife admits she had e-mailed them pictures. I had no idea. First off my poor father in law. His daughter marries a yank who is a fire eating, block head, variety comic and self proclaimed idiot and now he swallows swords? He is a great guy so I feel bad for him. I ask if they really want to talk about this at the dinner table? They said yes, well all but my father in law. (he didn't seem interested) I simply said, for me the first twelve inches were the hardest. They all four grimaced and I said, "I asked if you wanted to talk about this." So my son goes onto to discuss how he is leaving this morning to go deer hunting with my father. They then ask what you did with it after you shoot it. He goes into field dressing, bleeding, skinning, and butchering a deer. Fine dinner table talk indeed.

p.s. For the non hunters (which I am) I'm from Oklahoma and deer must be thinned out or else there are too many car accidents. Then both deer and people die. Big beautiful deer to. Not like these scrawny florida ones. Dad doesn't hunt for just sport. Everything is eaten. Why am I explaining this to a bunch of fire eating, sword swallowing, block heads??

Is this under the wrong thread? I'm going back to bed
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5105 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
It's logic.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5105 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Or cultural relativism.

www.bladewalker.com
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
As long as it doesn't have a Red nose.
Higley's Doug's Museum
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4299 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Well if they are shot from the front through the noes it will LOOK red!

Mr Idiot

Are you trying to justify hunting to us? we invented it - chaseing a fox round for hours on end - blokig up its whole (as if the hunting aintr bad enoguh we have to stop it going to ground - I was going for a taking a dump joke but thought better of it as we are at the dinner table!).

You don't need to justify hunting - either for sport or food ... well not to me anyway.

Dave
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Dave, I believe that was a Rudolph the Reindeer reference...
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Bisection is awesome. And you can perform it surrounded too it's not hard to perform and it's dirt cheap to construct and once you have made the gimmick it lasts for ages.

Great trick,

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Andrew Mayne's stuff (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL