The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Movies so Bad but you still Had to watch it! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 17:18, tparrett62 wrote:
I actually liked "They Live". I thought it was a cool premise- it was a pretty good drive-in flick.

ANY movie with Roddy Piper is cool in my book!
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Is the subject bad movies or movies that are bad but when they come on you find yourself watching them?
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
GOOD WILL HUNTING
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Santa: It is about movies that are really bad and lame but for some reason you watch them anyways and really have no idea why you do.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
I'm restricting myself to recent movies ...

Cube 2: Hypercube

Bone Dry

Prey
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Okay..... there is a movie on cable right now that I've put on a half dozen times, never could sit through it in one sitting but I've seen the whole thing. That would be Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. Some very funny material mixed in with a whole lot of bad.
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
"Kung Pow" I kept thinking it would get better, boy was I wrong. It was my idea and I took my wife and two children, they would not let me pick the movie for at least four years after "Kung Pow".
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Certain sections of "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves", starring Kevin Costner.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2435 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Okay, let's set this up:

I'm working now and then in movie theaters in Richmond VA in the early 70's. One evening after the last show the manager and me and a very few others are screening a movie somebody wants us to schedule - my memory says it was called "An Eye For an Eye" but this one appears nowhere on IMDB.

By the middle of the first reel, we gave up all hope. By the end of the first reel we realized that no quantity of beer would make it any better. But we were doomed - it was on the platter and we might as well see what fun we could get out of it.

The best anyone could say was "Someone wasted film on this? Actual color film?" Runner up: "Written by a thousand chimps at a thousand typewriters." We saw several budding acting careers doomed to an early end that evening.

The worst thing I ever saw until later in the decade, on the jury of an indie film festival in DC, we had to screen every entry. Every - single - miserable - entry. And several of the jurors insisted that we owed it to artistic integrity to watch every one start to finish and not miss a minute. The sheer numbers of films made by someone because ... "well, I have a camera and some friends, and my sister can act a little" ... I cringe ... but the capper was the unbelievable (who has this kind of money?) SIXTEEN-HOUR semi-abstract stream-of-consciousness indulgence that came in. We let that get screened in its entirety by the several individuals who swore we owed it to art to endure entries in their entirety.

That was the worst. The absolute worst. Or so I thought.

And then I saw Will Smith in "The Wild Wild West."
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2008-11-22 00:16, rossmacrae wrote:

I'm working now and then in movie theaters in Richmond VA in the early 70's. One evening after the last show the manager and me and a very few others are screening a movie somebody wants us to schedule - my memory says it was called "An Eye For an Eye" but this one appears nowhere on IMDB.

So it was none of these?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060386/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0271763/ (USA title An Eye for an Eye)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070572/ (AKA An Eye for an Eye)
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
One word. Attack of the killer tomatoes!

http://www.killertomatoes.com/
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 17:21, gaddy wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-11-21 16:54, Rimbaud wrote:
Boxing Helena.

Execrably bad. I mean just awful beyond words.

I just kept watching with my jaw open--unable to believe how bad it was. I think I was too stunned to turn it off. Or Sherylyn Fenn kept taking her clothes off, or something...

But anyway, it was really, really bad and in the end, someone wakes up and IT WAS ALL A DREAM????!!! OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!

Seriously. "It sucked" just doesn't do it justice.

Ohhh... Ouch. Almost forgot about that one. I watched it just see... more... of Sherylyn Fenn, but just it wasn't worth it!

THIS clip says it all...

You know who built the box in that scene that makes Sherilyn Fenn look like an amputee? Illusion designer John Gaughan!
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I had hoped that someone here would have noticed the illusionary principle there. Personally, I was unaware of exactly who had designed it.
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
I can't think of a bad movie that has compelled me to stick it out.
POOF!
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
One came to mind - Journey to the Center of the Earth!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2435 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Quote:
On 2008-11-22 00:29, balducci wrote:
So it was none of these?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070572/ (AKA An Eye for an Eye)

Oh my God! Nooooo! Some divine hand kept me from recognizing that listing! Memories flood back ... the horror! The horror!

Note that the lead actor never did another film ... until this year (be afraid, be very afraid).
DeadDave
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
176 Posts

Profile of DeadDave
The Beast of Yucca Flats.

What a horrible film. It was like they took footage of Tor Johnson staggering around the desert in tattered clothes and cut it in with completely random scenes from other movies. There is virtually no dialogue, just mind-numbing narration. It made no sense whatsoever. I had to watch it to the end because I was paralyzed by how bad it was.

I staggered around Tor-like for two days afterward muttering, "Huh?" "Wha..?" "Who?"

At least Plan 9 From Outer Space is unintentionally amusing.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Doc Savage - Man of Bronze

Sword and the Sorcerer

Parasite

Planet of Terror

Frankenstein's Bloody Terror

Blood of Dracula's Castle

Dracula vs. Frankenstein

Bloody Pit of Horror

Jesse James meets Frankenstein's Daughter

Billy the Kid meets Dracula

Cthulhu Mansion

Sssssss

Bloodsucking Freaks

Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things

Spider Baby

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians

Mars Needs Women

The Corpse Grinders

Ghost of Dragstrip Hollow

The Headless Ghost

Ghost in the Invisible Bikini

The Spirit (TV movie)

Justice League (live-action TV movie)

Legend of the Lone Ranger

Rock & Roll Wrestling Women vs. the Aztec Ape

The Brainiac

The Robot vs. the Aztec Mummy

Creature with the Blue Hand

Curse of the Fly

Comin At Ya

Solaris
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
FTAMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of FTAMagician
Not sure if anybody posted on here about 'em...but I have both "classics" by Ed Wood..."Plan 9 From outer Space" and "Bride of the Monster"...still like to chek 'em out now 'n then!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Movies so Bad but you still Had to watch it! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL