The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What to do with your old cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Sazalfram
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Sazalfram
I made one. They are quite sturdy.

http://stampowl.blogspot.com/2007/08/pla......ial.html
MaxwellMyers
View Profile
New user
Garden Grove, CA
27 Posts

Profile of MaxwellMyers
Hey that's really neat! These kinds of things I'm really interested in for all the old decks I've kept after they've lost their freshness. Do you have any more tutorials like these?
And another thought: What DO you guys do with your old decks? do you keep them for something or just throw them away?
Cardician99
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
158 Posts

Profile of Cardician99
Trash um. Ha!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1199 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Keep them together and use them for Card Warp.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Sword of the Soldier
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Sword of the Soldier
My mind is flooding with the amount of little magical applications of this little box. Brilliant man, just brilliant!

Josh
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Nice find!
False bottoms,a lid with a load,the mind boggles.
Cheers,Ray.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Cool box!

I always thought I'd use my old cards for practicing folds, T&R, card warp etc but when you go through a dozen packs a month they start to add up! Now when I get a couple dozen I box em up for nursing homes, Vet hospitals, halfway houses etc.
What is considered an "old" deck to us is like new to most!
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
I agree with Mickey.

Use them for torn effect or any effect which will ruin the card
If the box is still in good condition, I keep them

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
jake.o
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of jake.o
I keep them because they are very useful for practicing. I recently needed to learn the mercury card fold so I was very happy I kept my old decks.
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
I have a lot of old card...

Paulo
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
A nice advantage to old decks in addition to the suggestions already given is that by keeping these older decks which are in varying states of condition, provide a good way to practise your routines, adapting if necessary, so that you can be better prepared when you are handed a tattered deck - i.e. the normal deck owned by the layperson - to do some of your favourites.

Sometimes I will trade the new deck I have for especially tattered decks for just this purpose. It's quite amazing really to practise with these old decks. You find nuances in technique that would otherwise be impossible to discover with a virgin deck.

Best,
Vlad
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1360 Posts

Profile of M Sini
That box is a cool idea. Like some have mentioned, I hang on to my old cards. I practice T&R tricks, the mercury card fold, and working on card manipulations. I've also found them valuable for completing decks that have cards missing from signed card effects.
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
926 Posts

Profile of muse
I stick the old ones in a pile with all the other ones of the same values, ie I have a bunch of Aces of Spades, then a bunch of 2s of Spades etc etc, just elastic banded together. When I come across an interesting looking trick that requires six Queens of Hearts or four Aces of Spades and four other identical cards, I pull out the relevant ones and away I go.

But honestly, although I will go through those tricks a few times to give them a run though, I never use them as much as tricks that can be done from a full deck, so they're not really THAT useful. I always thought that some kind of Frank Gehry-esque chair and card table would be a suitable end for them. But I'll let someone else have a crack at it.

http://www.netropolitan.org/gehry/chair2.html
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
What to do with your old cards?... Smile not a problem, I have never old cards...I use very often signed card effects, so I have always shortage of cards.

-Morten-
Cardician99
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
158 Posts

Profile of Cardician99
Clowning around earlier. Seriously though, unless the decks are incomplete, I donate them to a nursing home where my wife works. You might give that a thought.
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
Card Warp
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
I keepbthem for card warp, (one of my faves) immaculate connection, and practicing the dreaded mercury card fold. Which in my mind is one of the fastest ways to ruin a deck quicky. Smile

Eddy
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
I keepbthem for card warp, (one of my faves) immaculate connection, and practicing the dreaded mercury card fold. Which in my mind is one of the fastest ways to ruin a deck quicky. Smile

Eddy
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
garcia00
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of garcia00
Mercury fold practice
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
I do the same, practice Mercury card folds.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What to do with your old cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL