The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What to do with your old cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Extractor and Sankey's paperclipped swallow a deck or two on a pub crawl,
but this give you a lot of free beer, so this is an investment... lol Smile

-Morten-
BobG99
View Profile
New user
UK
6 Posts

Profile of BobG99
Regarding the cube making link - Of possible interest - A Poker sized cube will hold a Bridge sized cube very neatly.

Implications....I dunno.

TTFN
relayer66
View Profile
New user
San Diego
54 Posts

Profile of relayer66
Being in the Navy, I will generally just throw a used deck down in a lounge or berthing area and they'll get picked up quickly by some guys playing spades or something. Like it was said, a used deck to us is like new to "normal" people.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
I use my old cards for trial runs when making new gaffs and to also practice card destroying routines. Plus if the deck is still in a fairish condition, I use them up when trying out new routines that destroys cards when I perform for friends.
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
Great for perfect, snap or back palm production practice. Practicing with full thickness cards makes the manipulation decks a breeze. Also saves $$$$$ not practicing with the $10 manipulation decks.
My best
Michaels
"Our technology is ahead of our humanity"
Albert Einstein
soccergod
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of soccergod
I made one of these in like 5 minutes. They are really easy to make and pretty cool looking. I figured out a way to make it like a bill tube. So now you can load rings, sponge balls, and other stuff. All you have to do is put 3 cards to connect the bottom instead of 4,then just pull the bottom down a little bit.
ilmungo
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of ilmungo
These are really easy to make! One could make a double-sized one by omitting one side and connecting two together, and it would be a nice carrying case for magical props that you don't want smushed, like sponge balls/rabbits...

Other than that, and the usual card-warp, paperclipped, and MCF practice, I find it useful to practice packet tricks that require a lot of different-backed and gaffed cards (for example, Alex Elmsley's "Dazzle") by writing on the back of old cards what they are supposed to be: "green back", "yellow back", etc. That way, I can get a sense of the effect before investing money in the proper cards.

Cheers,
Luigi
soccergod
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of soccergod
Good call on that Luigi, I didn't even think about connecting them together.
Magic Marine
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of Magic Marine
Quote:
On 2008-11-25 23:46, relayer66 wrote:
Being in the Navy, I will generally just throw a used deck down in a lounge or berthing area and they'll get picked up quickly by some guys playing spades or something. Like it was said, a used deck to us is like new to "normal" people.

I go through at least 5 decks a week, so like you I give them away for others to use.

I used to bring them to my kids' school, but now I put them back in the 12-pack box I bought from Costco and I bring them to the retirement home near my house, a couple of dozen at a time. They love having these "new" decks.

Semper fi, there Navy!
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Any classroom would love your old cards as they can be used to play math games. It's also a nice way to make contact with a local school if one were to do any educational shows.

jeff
Riku_Pajari
View Profile
New user
Mikkeli, Finland
99 Posts

Profile of Riku_Pajari
I made those boxes in christmas and handed them over to my friends and relatives. Also those boxes are good in gigs, birthdays and weddings for example. You take a birthday boys/girls ring and it appears in the box, you can then give the box to him/her.

I usually just save my old cards for signed card routines, tearing card routines and manipulation practise.
joshsmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
189 Posts

Profile of joshsmagic
If anyone can top this let me know....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XMEQbO8TpQ
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I use my odler cards I like a nice old deck over the newer slicker cards.. call me strange..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What to do with your old cards (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL