The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Quarters, dimes, nickels, pennies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kakronen
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of kakronen
What tricks does everyone do with normal change like quarters, dimes, nickels, or pennies? thanks in Advance!!
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
A good book to look into is Jim Buffalo's
"buffalo'd"

A lot of magic concerning spare change that we currently use, as opposed to half dollars and dollars.

Some good stuff on, On the Spot video too.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
On Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Money Miracles Volume 1 has an excellent trick entitled the 41 cent miracle.

I also, have a gimmicked nickel with a nail on it... but that is more of a gag than a magic effect.

:spinningcoin:
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
The first thing I do is turn them into dollars and half dollars. Smile
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
LOLOLOLL Curtis that was funny!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Nothing solves the problem faster. Smile Smile Smile
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Well Reed and Curtis us normal magicians aren't loaded like you guys, so we can't afford your 'high roller' tricks. Gary Kurtz has an effect called "the Anticipator", it is a great little routine. Mr. Kam also has his 21 cent murder mystery.

Lee
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Try the following, off the top of my head:

1) "Tenkai Pennies"

2) "Irelands' Penny Dropper Routine" (Who knows what this is? - if you don't know, you are missing a killer routine! You change a borrowed quarter to a nickel, then produce twenty pennies to make up for what you owe them after returning their coin - used to be done with a half, when you could borrow them, and the silent production of 45 pennies from nowhere is stunning!)

3) Mike Rogers' "Pouring Pennies Thru Table"

4) Larry Jennings "22 Cent Trick"

5) "Millikens Transposition"

6) "Protean Coin", Milt Kort

7) "Nickels to Dimes" - Tarbell #7

8) Roy Johnson - a trick with a penny and a quarter, where you produce a bottle of perfume at the end - it is a game where they guess if you have the quarter or the cent in your hand - in the end they guess the cent and they are right, you have - the "scent" - get it? This is a terrific trick for close-up for the ladies - you give the perfume away at the end, and it is really cute and impossible looking too!

I could go on, but I'm not giving all the good stuff away! This is enough to get you started, and it is the stuff I really use all the time - can't do much better than that!

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Stedwick
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
73 Posts

Profile of Stedwick
Where can we find Ireland's penny dropper routine?

Stedwick
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
It was originally marketed by Laurie Ireland, Frances Marshalls' first husband, when Magic, Inc. in Chicago was still Irelands Magic. I have no idea if the effect is still available, but used magic dealers may be able to supply you with the necessary "stuff". If not, I could describe it to you and it would not be all that hard to make. If you check around and can't find it let me know and I'll supply the details.

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5264 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2003-04-23 17:00, pchosse wrote:
Try the following, off the top of my head:

"Irelands' Penny Dropper Routine" (Who knows what this is? - if you don't know, you are missing a killer routine!

I agree it's great! Believe it or not, I first saw this performed by Jack Birnman (yup, the card man) about 25 years ago and he blew away an entire room full of magicians, including me. Back then Allan Hayden had one and wasn't using it so gave it to me and it's been sitting in a drawer ever since... time to dust that bad boy off.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27083 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quarters...
That would be the c/s transpo, cig through and of course the coins across Smile
Other than the 21 cent trick, I can't say I went crazy for magic with small change. Mostly due to handling difficulty vs visibility limits. -Jonathan
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
I believe there is some really cool stuff using ordinary change in the "Impromptu Encyclopedia of Magic" by Martin Gardner. If you like gimmicks, "Dime and Penny" is a short and sweet effect with ordinary change. My favorite would have to be "Tenkai Pennies." This trick is truly impromptu, is easy to do, and gets REALLY good reactions. This is something I do when I am asked to do magic right then and there.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
One of my favourite tricks is Scotch and Soda, + The French Drop. Smile
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Scotch and soda uses a half dollar and a Mexican centavo. I thought at least...
Maybe I am wrong, I haven't played with a Scotch and Soda for a long time.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
Andrew:
I understood from Bubba Boy 87 that he enjoys watching the S$S coin trick performed by a French magician.

The trick is the same all it changes is the performer.

Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
dgiancaspro
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
116 Posts

Profile of dgiancaspro
Greg Wilson has an impromptu Scotch and Soda called "a questionable trick" on his "On the Spot Video". The effect is as follows
Magician shows a dime and a penny to the spectator. The coins are placed into the spectator's hand and has the spectator remove one coin which is placed on the back of the spectators hand. The magician makes the coins change place.
"Mommy when I grow up I want to be a magician"
"Oh sweety you can't do both."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Quarters, dimes, nickels, pennies (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL