The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Bebel's Retro Repro (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
resshin
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of resshin
I am very jealous...
spencerpeterson
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
186 Posts

Profile of spencerpeterson
I got this and posted a review of it on my blog http://cleardeception.wordpress.com.
SP
www.cleardeception.wordpress.com

The Magic of Spencer Peterson
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Thanks for the Bebel review. I was in Paris this summer and made a point to go and watch him perform. He is great.

I wonder why they opted not to provide subtitles -- if that was a deliberate decision to restrict the disk to the European market or whether they simply just didn't want to go to the time and expense of the translation and layering them in.
spencerpeterson
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
186 Posts

I didn't really understand that either. Having a voicee over is complicated and annoying, but it doesn't make much sense not to have subtlties. I'm sure many english speaking magicians are not buying this for that specific reason.

SP

milesg
View Profile
Regular user
(of experimental medications)
160 Posts

Profile of milesg
Honestly, it's not hard to have a DVD play in a computer while overlaying a subtitle file. I think that we could all produce a compatible subtitle file with a little effort (well, those of us who speak French [sorry, not me]). It's just a matter of translating one sentence at a time and applying a time stamp to it... There are tons of free utilities that can help you do this, as I recall.

I've done it before to replace subs on movies which had bad/inaccurate subs. That's what I get for buying cheap bootlegs of Korean films. Smile

I'd be happy to help with the technical side of this if it's something we want to try.
spencerpeterson
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
186 Posts

Oh and BTW, my performance of Repro Rétro is also on the blog http://cleardeception.wordpress.com

studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
The reactions I got with Bebel's reset are amazing... Its definitely one of the top 3 card tricks I know! It took I think much more practice than other "Reset" versions to 100% master, but I think trully worth the effort.

The uniqueness of Repro Retro which makes it so strong is that Aces and Queens have no physical contact, both packets never touch in the eye of the spectator!
Really, really, laymen are speechless... True masterpiece!

Hats off M. Bebel! Smile
- Y
<BR>"Nothing is difficult...it's all about what you want, and how bad you want it."
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
I love this particular version of Reset. It is the one I do and prefer amongst all of the other versions that I've come across. I don't have Bebel's DVD, but do plan on getting it. A friend of mine has a video up on Youtube that comes close to the caliber of Bebel, in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj8R2_4zTR8

Luke
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
I believe that's Bebel's version.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Lukenp
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Lukenp
Yes, it is. I was saying that his technique is close to the caliber of Bebel's. The routine IS indeed Bebel's.
"Be natural"

-Dai Vernon
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Quote:
On 2008-11-27 17:51, sohaib wrote:
Someone should put this out in English. Bebel's stuff is too good to be missed.

Personally I like the fact its in French. It'll keep the material a little less over exposed that way.

I'm actually signing up for French lessons as I type.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
On 2009-07-12 18:39, Roslyn wrote:
Quote:

Personally I like the fact its in French. It'll keep the material a little less over exposed that way.

Sorry man, but it's a very selfish comment. First, if you don't want a material exposed, well, just ask for that material not been published. Second, it's card magic, not philosophy, you don't necessarily need a translation to understand a move on video. Last, you just need to have a friend able to understand french to get some help. Not that rare, millions of people speak or are able to understand french...
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
I'm working in this version of Reset but I'm trying to find the best way for do the initial set-up. Bebel do the left hand bottom palm, what other methods are for do the same?

The preference methods without the packets touch, but others too.

Helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
A bit more polish on handling your doubles and you've got a winner!

Nice job,

MMc
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On 2012-07-17 01:20, MickeyPainless wrote:
A bit more polish on handling your doubles and you've got a winner!

Nice job,

MMc

Agree. Practice will make it smooth.

It's something new in my hands. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Bebel's Retro Repro (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL