The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Strong Magic, collectors’ edition (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
479 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
I would like to announce the upcoming publication of a deluxe, limited edition of Strong Magic. I thought that I would make the announcement here first as a “thank you” to the many of you who have supported my past efforts.

The edition is limited to 150 signed, numbered copies. They are bound in blue cloth with silver lettering. Each comes in a custom slipcase, with a bookmark ribbon. (If you have a copy of the collectors' edition of Designing Miracles--long since sold out--you have a good idea of what these will look like.)

I plan to make a small number of these available through dealers. However, if you order directly from me I will personally inscribe and autograph your copy. (This is in addition to the authenticating signature that appears in every copy.) I will also do my best to fill the orders as received: the earliest orders will receive the lowest-numbered copies.

The contents of this edition are identical to the regular edition, so this is a luxury purchase. There is no reason to buy it unless you collect books or have a special fondness for Strong Magic and would like to own an exceptionally fine copy. (Given all the copies I’ve seen that are underlined, highlighted, dog-eared, or filled with Post-It Notes, some may want to own a second, “clean” copy.)

The book should be ready to ship by mid-December. This means that it would reach you before Christmas. The price is $125 plus $12 for first-class shipping and insurance. If you would like to order, send me a PM or email and I will send you a Paypal invoice.

Needless to say, this deluxe edition is a one-time, limited printing. So if you want one of the 150 copies, you may not want to wait long to order. They will only cost more once they start appearing on eBay.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2211 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
PM sent
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
PM sent

Todd
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
479 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
Because a couple of people have asked me, I thought that I would clarify that there was no collectors’ edition of Strong Magic issued when the book was first published in 1994. This will be the first, last, and only collectors’ edition.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
479 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
I just wanted to let everyone know that, at this point, all orders have shipped. If anyone is still interested in ordering, please send me a PM.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1679 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
I have a modest magic library of about 700 books, pamphlets, lecture notes, etc.

Generally speaking, I keep them loosely organized according to the size of the book (all the large Kaufman and Greenberg books on several shelves, the smaller Hermetic Press books on another shelf, etc).

There is however one shelf that is different. It's the shelf that contains all of the books that I constantly refer to time and again, that I get the most pleasure out of reading, and that I feel are critical to my success as a close-up magician. It doesn't matter how big or small the book is, if I think it's special it goes here.

On this shelf are books such as Greater Magic, Juan Tamariz's Sonata, The Magic Way, and The Five Points, Dai Vernon's Inner Secrets and Ultimate Secrets books, Kaplan's The Fine Art of Magic, the 3rd edition of Expert Card Technique, and many others.

This shelf also contains my battered, dog-eared copy of Darwin's Strong Magic. Although I've read all of the other books at least once and some several times, Strong Magic has been read literally dozens of times. In the years that I've owned it (my copy was bought in 1995, I've made it a point to read it cover to cover at least once a year, and I've opened it innumerable times other than that to reference a point or discussion that I knew Darwin had already covered. Usually, even when I open it just for a small point of clarification, I wind up getting re-captured and reading much more than I had originally intended. It's compelling.

Suffice to say, it's one of my favorite magic books ever, and it belongs on the 'special' shelf without a doubt.

With that said, I just wanted to let you folks know that my copy of the Deluxe Collectors' Edition of Strong Magic arrived in the mail today. It really looks great.

Produced in a nice blue cloth with silver lettering, the book has never looked better. The matching slipcase will protect the book for many years to come and seems to have been sized perfectly. A top-notch job all around. It's my understanding that these types of small print-runs almost always have the slipcases made by hand, and the quality really shows here. You won't be disappointed. The sewn-in ribbon bookmark completes the set with class.

It's easy to dismiss an item like this as a luxury item, and I guess in a way it is. Darwin even says as much above. But I for one am thrilled to own an especially beautiful copy of one of my favorite books, and just thought I'd pass along my appreciation to Darwin for producing it. It was a long time coming and well worth the wait.

Thank you Darwin.

Jason

PS: I take it from Darwin's post above that he still has copies left. I can't imagine he'll have any left by the time the word gets around about how nice these are. I'd act fast if you want one. They won't last long.
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Darwin Ortiz
View Profile
V.I.P.
479 Posts

Profile of Darwin Ortiz
I have four copies of the collectors’ edition left. If interested, send me a PM.

Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Strong Magic, collectors’ edition (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL