The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Two Cup Routine, with a British Accent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Ok, ok, I don't really spend all my time looking for cups and balls routines that stand out from the crowd.

This two cup routine is very, very different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0iejgTYsaQ

Take a look. I think this routine is very entertaining.
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
It was fun to watch, a lot of action in such a short amount of time. There were certain moves that I knew how they were done only because I have experience with C&B, but would a lay person be fooled by this routine?

Thanks for sharing that link, let's see some more.

Have fun folks!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I think a lay person would be quite fooled by this routine. Interesting in that it seems he uses two co*b* cups. Makes for some really nice moments. I did note that he placed the cups down a bit *too* firmly (too obviously) a couple of times. This will go past most lay persons, but not all, so it is something to work on.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Good ideas, and use of props. So-so execution. I like the reveal when he picks up the cup and sets it down immediately, and then the ball appears. I would have re-shot the video based on that alone. The final loads out of one cup seemed lopsided to me. At the start he taps the cups up and down, inverted a couple of times. Clearly a case of running when not being chased.

For only watching it once, I saw a lot of problems. I'm glad you posted it though, Kent.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks for sharing, Kent. I would say this is good material for discussion.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Some cool ideas there!
Thanks KG!
daviaac
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of daviaac
I agree with what has been mentioned so far I'm not fussed on the final loads as I would prefer one of each cup and maybe even a third load from one of the cups it would definately fit the line that he uses at the end better " if you like those two you will go mad over the third...".

other than that some very interesting ideas put together.i don't use a certain cup he was using (in cups and balls) but after seeing this and some other routines recently I may incorporate one into my routine.

luke
- the secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
There were some very nice ideas there. Some of the patter is from Paul Daniels' Chop cup routine.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Yes.. much like a two cup Paul Daniels Chop Cup... nice to see, thanks KFG.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
The guy even sounds kinda like PD slowed down a notch or 2!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Here's what a pro comedy juggler/mage does with cups...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvc68cKILxg&feature=related

Posted: Nov 24, 2008 2:10am
VERY DIFFERENT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYdRPfRfJes&feature=related

Hmmmm... thumbholes in back of cups?
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Charlie Frye is AMAZING!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
Thanks Pete for sharing those two vids, I was also glad to discover a new Ball & Vase routine done amazingly by Charlie Frye. Never saw a Ball Vase so big before or done the way he did it. Very happy to have seen that.

Charlie Frye C&B routine was fun to watch even without knowing what he was saying, but I could tell that his patter was for the sake of the Magic. The Charlie Frye routine like many others makes me wish I could hear.

The second C&B routine was another first for me, seeing a new kind of prop being used for the first time. Wonder where I could get those cups from??

Have fun folks!
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Where has this guy been? I've never heard of him - extremely entertaining........
And as for the posted topic - I get squeamish when I see the up/down move revealing the ball - it's just too risky for me, and it takes some of the wonder away from the C&B. It's a case of being too direct.........
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Charlie Frye is a top class comedy juggler. Lives in Las Vegas. And has run ads in Genii for his DVDs, which include lots of great and funny comedy magic. He is extremely talented and little known in the magic community.

Posted: Nov 24, 2008 1:02pm
More FRYE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY_1812N7M0
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
His billiard ball routine is great from Vol. 1

He is very talented and from what I hear a great guy.

-Scott M
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Great clips Pete - thanks for sharing. Charlie has great timing.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Charlie Frye has three DVDs with superbly original ideas. He is a clown (in the most noble sense of the word) he can juggle and do all kinds of things besides magic. A very impressive entertainer.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13396 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
He's one of the most entertaining guys I've ever seen. And one of the nicest guys I've ever met.
When I was in Vegas at LVMI he was at a table blowing away all the sleight-of-hand masters with his card work (nothing that you'd see on his DVDs). When I realized who it was I went up and introduced myself and we chatted briefly about George Carl, I think.

When I got back home after the convention I had an email waiting from him saying it was nice to meet me, etc.

I never even told him my email address, or swapped business cards.

That's Charlie for you!
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Any George Carl fan is a friend of mine. Those of you tht don't know George Carl, search him on You Tube to see one of the greatest acts in show business history.

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 2:45am
Here's just one clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEHCE-vLh5U&NR=1
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Two Cup Routine, with a British Accent (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL