The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Photo opportunitys (Name?) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ElectricBlue
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of ElectricBlue
You know the ones? Some kind of plywood flat with one or more head sized holes and a silly cartoon painted on the front.

I was talking with a friend about making one of these for an upcoming show so that people waiting to come in could have their photo taken. I remember some fantastic ones at Luna Park in Sydney that we took lots of photos in.

While talking we started to wonder if these things had some kind of official name?
So does any on here have any ideas as to what they might be called?

Yours Curiously,
Blue
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Not sure but I've got a great old photo of one that Fred Johnson painted in Coney Island.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2902 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
They are called cut outs.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7168 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
This is a very old concept...going back to the 1500's when they looked like unpainted hand hued planks of wood and there was also room for the hands ...back then they were called Stocks.
Higley's Doug's Museum
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5105 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Cut it out! That was a stock answer! Restrain yourself, please!

Enough with the off-the-cuff remarks, I must go slap myself.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
And they had a store where you could buy these too. ....THE STOCK MARKET..Ohh I must take stock of myself !! Gotta go STOCK UP!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5105 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Nah, don't be stock up!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
ElectricBlue
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of ElectricBlue
Hahah

Thanks for the info guys. The bit about the stocks is intersting I had never really thought about the connection but they do seem related.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
This is just a sore subject for Doug because he had to wear stocks in the late 1500's
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Photo opportunitys (Name?) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL