We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » 3 shell Q (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Is this a hard game to master, I know its not magic more a hustling but got sals dvds shells n monte at a real cheap price so went with it as wanting to learn monte mainly but since, I thought id give the shells the practise needed if its not amazingly difficult.

anyone do this?
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Hey Purist...

Lots of stuff out there and in the Café...do a search.

My opinion...learn one routine and have fun with it.

Want more? A booklet called "The Three Shell Game" has all you need for moves, practice and routines. EXCELLENT and under-rated.

Working the shells can be easy...presenting them is the hard part.

There is so much to learn in this con that will improve your magic...go to School for Scoundrels and awaken to a whole nother world.

DvD's will teach you much..SfS are awesome and worth the time and investment.

I love the shells...

-Scott M
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
I love the look of the s4s material however I got 2 sal dvds for £19 which is about $30 at the moment, s4s would cost me $55 for each dvd plus $20 on shipping so $130, I'll practise with sals stuff, then I will upgrade if I enjoy it

who writes The Three Shell Game booklet?
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
They list Tom Osborne as the author. This is the serious stuff. I take it as 'training' for the real...even for entertainment.

If you like the shells....save up SfS is the way to go for learning the shells. Routining is kinda up to you. Osbornes book gives you mini-routines to pick from to construct a routine.

I learn many moves and when it comes up to perform, I kinda 'jazz' it. I have a structure, but go with the flow. This is the stuff you can't learn unless you just do it. Nothing new for you I'm sure.

Have fun.

-Scott M
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Cheers scott

I only got it as wanted a 3 card monte dvd and it was only 1 pound extra for shell dvd plus shells and peas only since whacking pay now ive kinda thought it would be cool to learn, don't think I want to con anyone though!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Purist, I believe you are in Australia, right? So ONE OF THE BEST ROUTINES ANYWHERE is by Ausie PHIL CASS. He has a DVD out. I think it is often on eb*y.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Cheers pete,
I'm actually in the uk, wouldnt mind living in aus though, I will learn the basics and then search up that routine
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
I personally love Phil's DVD. I contacted him via email and told him he was my new hero. I love his promo video...he makes me laugh. He wouldn't share his cut and restored tie...which is okay...I don't believe I could pass it off.

His presentation is based on a book called 'Super Shells' of which is a great routine.

Yea, get his DVD...you wont be disappointed.

-Scott M
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Charlie Fry brought up 'cupidity'...what is that?

Cupid=romance
+
stupidity=idiot

= romatic idiot?

-Scott M
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Here's a killer move with a handkerchief by my friend Paul Wilson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1CMhOxOY3E&feature=related
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24255 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2008-11-24 11:25, Purist wrote:
I love the look of the s4s material however I got 2 sal dvds for £19 which is about $30 at the moment, s4s would cost me $55 for each dvd plus $20 on shipping so $130, I'll practise with sals stuff, then I will upgrade if I enjoy it

who writes The Three Shell Game booklet?

Do you price the value of the information on the DVD's by the pound or the gram? BTW, it shouldn't cost $20 to ship two sets of DVD's to the UK.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
It costs $20 to ship from s4s it said

I value by whatever I can afford at the time to be honest, I would love the s4s sets but finances do not allow at this time.
but I can start and pick them up in the future
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
The SfS store software has some preset shipping prices that seem to be extreme for certain orders. It was based on an average shipping cost over the long term so some prices are reasonable but others are not.

Email Chef and tell him your concerns. He can manually enter the order without going through the shopping cart software and give you a more reasonable shipping cost.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
Thanks Pete for sharing the Paul Wilson's 3-Shell game, it has renewed my interest in that field. It was fun to watch.

Have fun folks!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24255 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I'm sure other dealers whose shipping costs are more reasonable will have these DVD's for sale.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Quote:
On 2008-11-24 13:10, Scott M wrote:
Charlie Fry brought up 'cupidity'...what is that?

Cupid=romance
+
stupidity=idiot

= romatic idiot?

-Scott M

That would be fun, but it actually means an excessive desire to possess something; greed

Which fits well when used in the context of the Shell Game.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
Quote:
On 2008-11-24 13:21, Pete Biro wrote:
Here's a killer move with a handkerchief by my friend Paul Wilson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1CMhOxOY3E&feature=related

you ever get to watch the real hustle in the u.s brilliant tv

that hankerchief was lovely, the show "paul o'grady" has magicians on from time to time, always worth keeping an eye out for in the tv guide
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » 3 shell Q (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL