The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sword swallowing & 5 clubs - Bill Berry (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
Found this posted on another forum. A new video from Team Rootberry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg_aZvCASoM

Claims include 'only one in the world' and 'world record with about 50 throws'.

I ain't gonna argue ...

Cap'n Mike
Myrtle Beach, SC
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
I sword swallow and juggle, but Bill is the only one I know of that does 5 clubs at the same time, and if he is the only one... that would make it a world record.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2902 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Yeah, but can he do two swords and six clubs. That's what I want to see.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2902 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
The reason for that idiotic post of mine was to point up that if this feat of Bill's is not presented within the proper context, it will be a pointless demonstration of skill that won't mean much to an audience. We might be impressed, but the average spectator would not be able to appreciate just how impossible it is.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Any reason to get a record.....

You can find them pretty cheap at the thirft store next to the eight tracks.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
Yeah I don't think it's part of his normal show, the only time I've ever seen him do it besides that video is at a Juggling Convention where the people there actually do get how hard it is. World Records are pretty insignificant really... you can call pretty much any obscure thing a record, and Guinness isn't really a record keeping organization but more of a publishing company... since they knowingly print false records in their book every year. The real secret is calling something a record is getting some press out of it and turning it into money.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

Erik, you may be thinking Ripleys... Guinness is very serious about their record keeping. I had to submit about 1/2 pound of paperwork, photos, video and media footage for each of my records. Their record keeping goes back to the early 1900's. They were bought by HIT Entertainment in the late 1990's. HIT is basically Henson (think muppets and Barney). They only publish what they want to publish, regardless of how many submissions they accept. How they thought to publish a nipple stunt is beyond me.

Now, that bit about making money from being a record holder I'm all ears... gigs started getting less lucrative (financially speaking) so much to the point that I retired from doing stage shows.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
I suppose that's why they were unprofessional, lost my paperwork, then accepted my record and sent me a certificate. Then knowingly printed an out of date record in the 2009 book. Also as far as I know Guinness was purchased by Ripley's recently.
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
2589 Posts

They're unprofessional because they're British.
erikkloeker
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, Ohio
203 Posts

Profile of erikkloeker
Haha.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Sword swallowing & 5 clubs - Bill Berry (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL