The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » New Stage Hypnosis Course (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
makethemagichappen
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of makethemagichappen
Has anyone bought this course yet? http://www.stagehypnosisuniversity.com ?
I'm in the market for a comprehensive training course for Stage hypnotism and this product is by far the best looking one I've seen. Just wondering if anyone has purchased it or knows someone who has, it really looks good.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Wow 2 posts. Let me guess it is your course right?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
makethemagichappen
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Nope. Just looking for some help. Wasn't sure which forum was more relevant. There are a ton of hypnosis training products on the market and I have been debating whether or not I want to pursue it so I have been patiently researching. I joined the Café to try and find out more. This product in particular is over a $1000 so I want to find out as much as I can. If you know anyone that has bought this or similar products please let me know. Thank you all!
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
I bought Geoff's course on DVD and liked it so much, I went to the live training. I just did my first show last month and it went over great. Geoff's course gives you everything you need to do a show except a set of balls.

If you have the balls, everything else you do a show is in those DVDs. I've watched them about 3 times each.

If you want to know more, PM me and we can exchange numbers.
martin king
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of martin king
Listen to my new friend Mr Cressman about Mr Geoff Ronning...Mr Cressman know's what he's talking about!

Warmest regards,

Martin

P.S. I only have Mr Ronning's hardbound book, but the information contained within is dynamite!
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
It's certainly a great advertising page.
James Hazlerig
View Profile
New user
Bastrop County, Texas
12 Posts

Profile of James Hazlerig
That is a very slick sales page, but I have to admit I've never heard of this program.

I have run into quite a few people who recommend Geoff Ronning's. Like Martin, all I have is the book (which I got on sale at HypnoHeist.com), and it's excellent. I used to dream about having the cash to spend on expensive training, but I really feel that the book was a better investment.

It's also worth mentioning that Jerry Valley and Tommy Vee are doing a seminar in Louisiana this February--a great chance for live training if you don't want to go the GR route.
James Hazlerig
www.HarmonyHypnosis.NET
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
The race is on to milk as much money from stage hypnosis as possible. There will be more courses on the way I'm sure of it.

Unfortunately eventualy this will devalue hypnosis as a career route.
I forsee the best career route in the forseable future will be running courses.

Perhaps it will take longer in the US than it did in the UK since its a much bigger place. But eventually there will be so many wannabe's that the market will implode.
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
As I mentioned, I actually have the full DVD set, all 13 - 14 DVDs. Basically, it's a recorded session of his normal 3 day intensive hypnosis training. Having gone through the live training as well, I would say you get about 85% of the live training.

I really did the live training for the hands on experience - more for my own fears, than lack of information in the DVDs.

Geoff's EKG induction is fast and powerful and I had people knocked out on my very first show.

I've looked at Marshal Sylver's programs too and they are very good... but much more expensive and I don't agree with everything he suggests. But I'm sure it works for some people.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
I'd just like to throw in my 2 centavos.

When it comes to hypnosis, there's just so much you can learn from videos, audios, and books. I would contend that getting a hands-on training--even a "weekend wonder" hypnotherapy class--is vital. You can learn all ABOUT stage hypnosis from these sources, but to actually learn to DO it requires practice with people, and the best way to gain such experience, IMO, is through an in-person training. You might read something a dozen times and see it two dozen times, but if you try it and get something wrong, you could fail. One failure can yield a habit of failure. On the other hand, a question to an instructor and a quick correction can make everything clear and begin the habit of success.

I haven't seen this particular set of DVDs or Sylver's or Ronnings. I have stacks of others. One is a series of videotapes from a trainer who gives all sorts of great information. The final tape is of him giving a performance--he's terrible. One of the worst stage hypnotists I've ever seen. So my point here is that if you take books, videos and audios as complementary to in-person trainings, you can learn something of value even from the worst ones out there.

Finally, there are a couple of things I'd like to suggest for any aspiring stage hypnotist (or mentalist or magician, for that matter). Take some basic courses in acting. Learn how to walk across the stage. Learn how to "own" the stage. Learn how not to turn your back to the audience. All of this should be covered in basic stage acting courses. If you take anything in (Stanislavski) "Method" acting, learn about the concept of "rays" and how they're important. Local community colleges have such courses at very low prices.

Take some basic courses in public speaking. Learn how to talk--both with a script and extemporaneously--in front of an audience. Toastmasters International has such classes and gives you enjoyable experiences in public speaking for next to nothing. There is probably a Toastmasters club in your area.

Finally, take some courses in basic business and bookkeeping. Again, these can be had inexpensively through community colleges. Learn about advertising, publicity, networking, and how to keep financial books.
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
Michael C. Anthony is from Charleston, SC not from Canada so he is not the one you have seen.

Martin Smile
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
makethemagichappen
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Thanks for the insight everyone. I appreciate it. I can see the benefits to the live seminars, but Im having enough trouble convincing the wifee the home courses are worth it, let alone airfair, hotel, meals, etc. I really think there is money to be made in comedy hypnosis. I know of a few guys making a few grand a show and they aren't the least bit funny. I'm hoping my wifee will buy me a program (or two) for Christmas, I'll keep you posted on what I end up getting. This University one says it will tell you how to get an agent and book a show which is probably just as important as how to hypnotize someone. Its definitely the best looking product I've seen, but that doesn't always mean it's the best. If anyone else has more info please share. Thanks all!
asithlord
View Profile
New user
johnathan townsends daily hobbie is
98 Posts

Profile of asithlord
Couple of grand a show?
where?
ill have to go there
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
Okay MakeTheMagicHappen, here is Geoffrey Ronning's Home Study Course. It is only $795 a $500 savings. He will also teach how to get shows.

http://www.stagehypnosiscenter.com/products/item25.cfm

James I also have Ronnings book, but I invested in his other products prior to buying his book. It is an adjunct to McGill's encyclopedia and in a lot of ways is much better. That said, learning to be a stage hypnotist is much better learned by listening and viewing than just reading about it. It was when I added DVD's to the mix that I got out there and did the shows and did them successfully. If you want to learn inexpensively, I've recommended before and will again Gene Martin's Dave Elman DVD's:

That and collecting show videos of as many hypnotists as I could was the foundation for my starting in the business.

Martin Smile
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
Since my last post was edited you can find those resources here:

http://www.thehypnoguy.com/getstarted

Martin Smile
Jon Dee
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of Jon Dee
I am a fan of Ronning as well. I did the live training in Vegas and have spent thousands on home trainings and am currently in the mentor program with Geoff. If you are willing to pay the price that Geoff charges then you are probably serious enough to put in the work to make it happen. I have always felt that Geoff's products were well worth the money once I got into them and each and every product has made me more money than it cost in a short amount of time. To make a long story short Geoff has turned me into a full time stage hypnotist and his knowledge is vast.

I also agree with dmkraig on the non hypnosis abilities that must be gained.

Good Luck,

Jon Dee
gmindmagic
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of gmindmagic
I know this is actually and old topic, but is there anyone who actually purchased this course who could give an overall review.

Thank you in advance
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Not another peddlar driving another nail into the coffin of the hypnosis market.

If the market was that good trust me they wouldn't be selling courses. The market is being flooded by newbies all being sold a croc of crap.

Selling courses dvds is about the easiest way to make money from hypnosis just now. Its much easier than performing since everyone wants to be a hypnotist thanks to these courses.

Ask Danny what would the chances be of a Newbie starting in his neck of the woods?
The markets that are still workable are established. And others are being destroyed by the huge number of newbies working for peanuts.

The ones who are making money are the sellout artists selling cheap and expensive courses.

Most of you are 5 to 10 years to late
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
While MP is right about not using newbie hypnotists per se, it does not mean that one should not learn somewhere and go out and gain experience. Time tends to seporate the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

I think on some level much of what is offered, (I mention no course in particular) can be what MP says. Hypnotists who can not make money doing shows. Some of what is offered is like Richard Nongard who does collaberations with already very busy hypnotists and offers information. This is obviously a very high level of information from many who have been there and done that. Richard him self is a very busy hypnotist and does as many shows as he wants too.

The better courses (I do not claim any one is BEST) never make claims about doing shows next week. I think it is important to know with any course even when you finish the course you enter the market at an entery level position. You will then be on your own to succede or fail as your actions see fit. How good or how bad your show is will be what carries you through the next part of your career.

If you are a bad magician who can not get booked and think simply expanding to hypnosis will open new markets, odds are you will be a bad hypnotist who can not get booked.

There are LOTS of markets out there which are just waiting for a hypnotist with vision and enough guts to make a go of it.

I do agree with MP on another point. It is 5-10 years too late to ride the wave of popularity and be mediorcre and be able to get away with it and make a good living. Those times have indeed passed us by. While I do not believe a market can be "destroyed" by anyone, I do think that the tolerance for bad entertainment is just not there. I think people see enough BAD work out there and want to see good work. This means you had better be good to keep working. It raises the bar.

The other point is that if hypnosis is to survive as an entertainment medium in the future, new people MUST LEARN! I think much of what is offered is a great way to decide if it is something you wish to do. Sort of get rid of some of the myths and BS that surrounds the art form.

Much of what is sold is just people seeking knowlege, they posess a curiosity and never intend to go to the stage with it in the first place. Just like they hobby magician, in my view no harm no foul really. After all is this not the beauty of hypnosis in the first place? NO SECRETS. Sort of like juggling. It is out there and it is what it is so if more people know what it is there is no harm in it. Heck on some level it helps it.

Just some thoughts and I am not bashing any one course or person. It is just too easy to me to paint all of them with one brush without having seen all of them. Plus as I said, new hypnotists have to come from SOMEWHERE. We live in a new age, it is only natural they come from new places.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Quote:
On 2009-04-09 08:18, Dannydoyle wrote:
If you are a bad magician who can not get booked and think simply expanding to hypnosis will open new markets, odds are you will be a bad hypnotist who can not get booked.

Now that just has to be nothng more than the simple truth.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » New Stage Hypnosis Course (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL