The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fairground fonts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Hi guys/gals, can anyone point me in the right direction for "fairground/sideshow fonts" ?
Regards Mark
E.O.I
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Zebrawood is my favorite.... pretty much any of the "woods" fonts have that old timey look.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Excellent Nipps ( excuse the familiarity), its great to know that you guys are willing to give advice and impart knowledge where needed .
Many thanks for that .
Sincere Regards Mark
E.O.I
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2589 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Yep, that's it... the three in the middle on the right side are all technically referred to as Zebrawood. Used to come free with Windows years ago but they killed it.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2433 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
For a secondary font, try the free ACTIONMAN - it looks just like freehand text sign painting for banners or signs.
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
Ross,

What is the smaller font used in the header of your Ballycast webpage?

The one used in the "WITH WAYNE KEYSER AND ROBIN MARX & DONNIE KERR" line.

That font always screamed SIDESHOW to me.

C.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2433 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
It's SIGN PAINTER'S GOTHIC SMC - be sure you get the SmC version (includes both large caps and ... well, they're not really lowercase but they're small caps).

You might also enjoy CARNIVALEE FREAKSHOW
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Those are some great fonts! Thanks for sharing Ross.
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Here's a stupid question. I have downloaded some of them...now how the hell do you type using them?! I hate technology!

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2433 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Install the fonts to your system (in Vista, and prob. other Windows, just right-click on the unzipped font file and choose "install" from the context menu).

Then choose that typeface from the font list in whatever program you're using. If it's stubborn, you might have to type a few words, "select / all" and change to that font, then it will probably behave.
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
It's not working :-(...Gah! I hate computers! I have windows vista. Anybody know where I am going wrong? There is no install option when I right click the unzipped file just open which opens it but I can find no way to get it saved in my fonts to use...

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
(I have XP, so this may be a little different for you)--

Go to Search from the Start button.
Search for Fonts.
There should be a Windows file by that name; open the Fonts folder.
After you unzip the file (you'll need something like WinZip--free programs can be found on the internet), move the contained font files to the Fonts folder. You should then be able to use the new fonts.

Hope that helps.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2433 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Okay, pal ... who's the boss, the computer or the human?

(I think we all know the answer to this, unfortunately, and we need to finally admit it)
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
You don't hate computers you hate VISTA. I love my macs. They do what ever I tell them most always. They even do their chores with out me asking. Not trying to start a Mac vrs. PC fight or anything. I am sure XP and other PC's work just fine.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
I love my Macs.

Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fairground fonts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL