The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » 2008 World Magic Awards.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cardician99
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
158 Posts

Profile of Cardician99
Just as a reminder, show airs tonight at 8:00PM EST. MYTV.
Cardician99
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
158 Posts

Profile of Cardician99
Don't quote me on this, but I have been hearing some rumblings concerning someone many of us know: Howie Swartzman. Watch the show tonight.
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Howie is on the show? That would be very cool if he was. Should be a very cool show tonight. Looking forward to it.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
WagsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach, SC
639 Posts

Profile of WagsterMagic
Just watched it!!!!

Much better than last year. Wasn't too happy that Hans Klok and his sparkle pants closed the show.

Over all very good show.

Best
Brandon
The Wagsters: World Class Magic & Illusion
www.wagstermagic.com
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Did I miss the award for "Best Close-up"? I'll have to go back and replay the DVR.

FWIW
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Was Howie on? I missed the first 25 minutes, including Sperry! The young kid was really funny, Mark and Jinger were great as was McBride. Not thrilled with the way Topas's act was chopped up, but that happens. I'm no big Klok fan, but did anyone else catch Rafael helping him in the audience? Also, on his "Dekolta-like" chair vanish, did anyone else catch a brief flash? I wasn't recording, but was pretty sure I saw something that shouldn't have aired. Overall, this was a BIG improvement from last time. Good job to all the performers and to Gay Blackstone.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Very good show this year.Would've loved to see some close up though.Thought Amazing Jonathan would've been a bit more on than he was this night.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
When Mark Wilson got his award, did anyone catch Aye Jaye in the audience? He was in his candy-cane jacket, kind of hard to miss.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I caught Aye Jaye - hard to miss that puss and jacket in any crowd! Smile I felt the same about Jonathan, but figured he had to keep things G-Rated and somewhat jumbled to meet time restrictions. Probably threw his timing off a hair.

Dan Sperry was brilliant as usual. A well earned award, Dan! Congrats!!

What - No sexist remarks regarding Klok's torso-less legs illusion? Smile Also not sure I cared much for Harary's plane escape illusion. Those last few seconds just looked a bit too CGI-ish.

All in all, a Great show!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Good show!
Huge kudos to Neil Patrick Harris!
I really admire what he is doing for the Magical arts.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
I loved Mr Sperry's act and the Kid with the silk act was very very Funny ... the girl in the quick change act was really nice on the eyes ....and so was Jinger. Jinger's spins and dance moves are top notch ! Over all the show was great ... the plane thing was a head scratcher...
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I'm about to leave for Thanksgiving dinner and decided to jump on the Café'. Thanks to Cardone, I realized what I really want on my pumpkin pie......Jinger! I've been in love with that girl for years and she still looks incredible.
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Quote:
On 2008-11-26 23:45, pepka wrote:
Also, on his "Dekolta-like" chair vanish, did anyone else catch a brief flash? I wasn't recording, but was pretty sure I saw something that shouldn't have aired.

No, but did you notice on that water tank illusion that the lock was not locked and the girl passed it twice and didn't think to lock it?

Who was that funny young kid with the silks??? Haven't laughed that hard in awhile.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Amazing Jonathan looked like he just kind of slept walked his way through the performance.
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
I was excited to see Topas and Roxanne since I had the pleasure of sharing the venue with them at the Magic Castle last summer. Topas' hand manipulations are incredible and I am happy is translated well on the television; it’s even more amazing live. Roxanne’s act is usually tight and very well done. Thanks to TV editing, the act was a little choppy though.

Dan Sperry has a fantastic bird act however it did not translate well on television. I saw him perform live at the Magic Castle and he is brilliant. I also had the pleasure to chat with him and he cares very much for his birds and gave me some excellent advice.
evildraco1
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of evildraco1
Quote:
On 2008-11-26 23:45, pepka wrote:
Was Howie on? I missed the first 25 minutes, including Sperry! The young kid was really funny, Mark and Jinger were great as was McBride. Not thrilled with the way Topas's act was chopped up, but that happens. I'm no big Klok fan, but did anyone else catch Rafael helping him in the audience? Also, on his "Dekolta-like" chair vanish, did anyone else catch a brief flash? I wasn't recording, but was pretty sure I saw something that shouldn't have aired. Overall, this was a BIG improvement from last time. Good job to all the performers and to Gay Blackstone.

Hey Pepka. I saw the Da-Kolta chair flash also! Usually, that is my favorite illuson that he does because he does it sooo fast but it seems like his assistant's timing was a bit off on this one.

Who is Rafael and what was he doing in the audience?

-Matt
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I'm glad I wasn't imagining things Matt. I didn't record it and haven't seen it pop up online yet.

Rafael is a VERY talented magician from Belgium and also pops up here on the Café' from time to time. He won the Gold Lion's Head Award at WMS a few years ago and is VERY funny. He was with with Hans and did the "Heads off shoulders" illusion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrCiKZgPdA4
Cartomagie
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Cartomagie
Does anyone can exchange a copy of this TV SHOW with me , I leave in France ?

I have many Tv Show to exchange.. ?

Thanks for you help ..

Sincerely

Didiercartomagie@aol.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » 2008 World Magic Awards.. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL