The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tagged by Rich Ferguson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Mr. Ferguson,

I can't speak for everyone here, but I have gained so much respect for you for coming on here and answering questions. I have also gained a lot of respect for you because of Tagged. I love it, and I can't say enough about it. As the year closes, I can see this being one of the best releases for the year 2008.

Thanks again for sharing Tagged with the magic community!
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1354 Posts

Profile of bekralik
My experiences with postage is that the international shipping option is supposed to be an average cost, such that destinations that are closer and much cheaper to ship to end up subsidizing destinations that are further away. However it should not cost the same to ship something to Canada as it should to ship something to Australia, for example.

I have never understood why shipping to Canada is considered in the same class as overseas, when actual costs are quite reasonable and shipping safety on even non-insured packages is very high. Canada Post has 3 general shipping options: Within Canada, To The US, and International. I'm sure the same is true in the US. Once I paid $15 to ship something to me 'internationally' from the US and when I received it, the sender had just over $3 worth of stamps with no additional tracking options for security (and pocketed the difference as profit). This has caused me to stop purchasing from shippers who carry out this practice; I don't think it's fair and if people want to increase sales in unfavourable economic times like these, they will need to re-examine how they treat their customers.
muroni
View Profile
New user
france
25 Posts

Profile of muroni
I also feel that 25 dollars it s too much !!!
I live in japan and use only mac ,so no download ...
it should be less shipping charges....
I m also thinking about other product that I also want ...
ellusionist should think once more about international orders and customers
to me it double the price of the dvd...
muroni
View Profile
New user
france
25 Posts

Profile of muroni
Sorry Rich ,
I m not complaining about your product and I m very interested in tagged ...
just had to say it ...
regards
christophe
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
Perhaps a thread can be started somewhere else about E's shipping rates. Although I agree that E is charging too much for shipping internationally, it is not fair to Mr Ferguson who has been very kind and respectful to answer questions in regards to Tagged here on this thread. It can so easily turn into an E bashing thread filled with useless pages of pointless banter that no one wants to read about in a review on "Tagged". Just my opinion with no offense to anyone I hope. Smile
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
Quote:
On 2008-12-07 13:33, muroni wrote:
I also feel that 25 dollars it s too much !!!
I live in japan and use only mac ,so no download ...
it should be less shipping charges....
I m also thinking about other product that I also want ...
ellusionist should think once more about international orders and customers
to me it double the price of the dvd...

On a MAC? Man, I'm on a Mac and you should know better than to let people think we can't handle every file type! Smile Seriously, AVI, WMV, etc not a problem at all. You just need to download the free windows media player, flash players, VLC, Quicktime, etc. so you are all set no matter what comes your way. Just letting you know that Mac or non-Mac, doesn't make a bit of difference.

It is a shame that shipping is sometimes as much as a product, but it is NOT the shippers fault if that is the price THEY have to shell out. I've dealt with that issue directly too. Good luck! E will take care of you as much as they can despite the rumors they control the shipping industry.
<BR>http://www.TheIceBreaker.com
<BR>Creator: Official Poker's Chip Tricks, Card Stunts, Shuffles & Cuts, Flourishes • Tagged • Serial Biller • This is Mentalism • Tricks to Pick Up Chicks • Blank Gag Books
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hi Rich. I guess E sent you a non-DRM file of your project. For purchasers of the download, there is Windows-only DRM attached that prevents the file from being watched in other players. So, sadly, the VLC and Quicktime options won't work.

The only real option for Mac users for these downloads is for owners of Intel Macs to install Windows via Boot Camp, Parallels, or some other method, and then d/l and watch the video in Windows on the Mac.

But within Mac OSX itself, there isn't a way to watch the purchased downloads from E.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

To stay on topic, Tagged looks great, and I hope to pick it up soon!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
WHAT#$@%#! Wow, I have a Mac, opened the vid in window media player and had no problems.. I'm not sure what bootamp, etc is , but I used the basic player version 9 that I've used for movies and clips off the net. ???

http://www.download.com/Windows-Media-Pl......348.html

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/flip4mac.mspx

As far as those other players, I was just telling them to get them all for other vids that come their way via web, email or whatever.

I received a regular link and downloaded the file... used the password and username and got the 338.1mb wmv file. If this does not work on other Mac, I'll be sad today. Someone can PM if this gets off subject, but I'd like to solve this as it worked perfectly for me.

Shoot! Let me know.
<BR>Creator: Official Poker's Chip Tricks, Card Stunts, Shuffles & Cuts, Flourishes • Tagged • Serial Biller • This is Mentalism • Tricks to Pick Up Chicks • Blank Gag Books
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
Someone just informed me that maybe Mac do have issues with this whole DRM thing.. if anyone learns differently, we'd all love to hear. (the mac guys anyhow)
muroni
View Profile
New user
france
25 Posts

Profile of muroni
Hi Christophe,

None of the downloads work on Mac computers.

Thanks!

this is the mail I got few days ago from ellusionist s team .
I agree that avi or windows media file can be use on mac ...
so I don t know ...
I guess we have to pay the big shipping charges ..
sorry to still stay out of topic ,
is anyone all ready performed tagged ?
regards
christophe
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Well regarding Mac users - there's only some ways to open it... either using Parallels, VmWare or BootCamp.
You will need to have genuine* copy of windows to download Windows Media Player 11 version to get the video opened and insert the password you received.

I opened the downloaded file at work and I can't open it at home. Only one computer per use - WMP 11 stinks... there's no DRM management option.
I will need to wait for the DVD arrival to carry the video in the ipod.

Rich you are a great performer and teacher! I would love to see you live.

All the best,
Elcio

*hint.. get genuinator v2.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
You can easliy play wmv and avi files on a mac using a plug-in called "Flip4mac".
However, I don't think ellusionist's site will allow you to download if you're on a mac.
It's all in the reflexes.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Illucifer,

The file has DRM and it's easy to download if you're on a mac - It's a http direct link because there's no need to secure it.
Flip4Mac is a component to decode WMV files on a mac but can't manage DRM.

Quote:
At this time, Microsoft has no plans to offer Windows Media DRM support on the Macintosh

What is DRM?
Stands for "Digital Rights Management." DRM refers to a collection of systems used to protect the copyrights of electronic media.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
I found out my mac doesn't open the downloads...wasted 7 bucks and could have used that for some Qdoba Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Rich,
If you read the end of my post I said I thought you were a killer performer.

I still stand by my comments that no one effect makes a reputation and if you miss
any of the new "hits" there will always be another.

I also stand by my strike against DRM, and overinflated postage gouging.

You say you can't compare to other people. Rich, I am talking about Wayne Houchin and Andrew Mayne. I just bought Thread DVD for $5 shipping and Ghost ink DVD for $2 shipping.

I have been a longtime "E" defender and customer but no more.

I have to also add that when you wrote what you think my post should have said I
really had to laugh.

Anyway, I repeat, good luck to you and "Tagged" I am sure it will do well.
James

Quote:
On 2008-12-07 11:08, ucmagic wrote:
There is media mail, flat rate international priority mail, etc ,etc for about $16 or under. The problem with those is there is NO insurance and no real tracking. The amount of fraud online with credit cards and "lost" packages either from customs or customers is getting silly.

I can sense a lot of territorial stuff between the Café and E. I don't want to fuel any frustrations but lets be clear about one thing since people are complaining and dragging me down a bit. To have a package delivered via FedEx, UPS, Post Office with any tracking whatsoever, it is $25 plus. Instead of comparing what someone else does for $2, look at the actual prices YOU can send ME something and have it to me within a month with tracking. I live in San Luis Obispo, CALIFORNIA, 93401. Do it. You'd be shocked. That is the deal. The Tagged dvds, I've been told, are available overseas due to this. Where they are, we do not know because they were picked up wholesale. I hope this helps.

I'd like to know, maybe in a PM as to not distract from the topic of Tagged, why you hate softgoods. There are books, dvds, pdf's, etc available all over without printing, manufacturing, etc. Perhaps, the real issue is that the price of JUST the download is not separate from the dvd? I'm just trying to understand.

Lastly, since you were very passionate about your post, the "hype" comment can be taken a couple ways. I'll try not take that as a comment toward me as far as saying I'm just hyping it up and it is not true.... although you have quoted me directly. I totally get what you are saying about material being about the performer or even the spectator for that matter(if you really want to talk about the real artist), but if a trick is based on something weak and uninteresting, you might have your work cut out for you. If the effect is something amazing or flexible, it can often almost stand on its own. This is a reputation maker for anyone that isn't a complete fumbling goofball that can talk straight. This is coming from me, not E. I can confidently say this because I've seen the results over and over with various performance depths. I've even done this directly for no reason. ... as straight forward as "pick a word... it is on you.." and walked away. I've never heard the end of it. ...

OF COURSE, YOU or ME can make this a masterpiece if your abilities and desires allow. That is not the point when I say this is a reputation maker. I'm saying nearly anyone will get more raves and be remembered and set apart from this effect. So, I can confidently say this is a reputation maker. For those it is not, there is not really another trick that is going to be a "reputation" maker either. I feel like I've been pulled into a political debate here. I think you knew exactly what I meant and are venting at other frustrations. Please don't pick me or my product apart because you have problems beyond that. I CAN make claims about my product. IVE SEEN IT. You can not make claims specific to it... you CAN make a wonderful point that, in general, performers ARE what make an experience or performance great. ABSOLUTELY! I can't tell you how boring some ambitious card routines can be, how fishy some coin work might be, how non-engaging some performers can be, etc. Yet, the same effect just sings by someone like you, perhaps. Some people just "have it" and others don't. That is another entire topic.

Sometimes, I'm worried that people can get off topic a bit from the need to vent. I just don't care for so much negativity revolving around a product I have released that has so much career info in it. I wish people talked ONLY about the effects in Tagged, their reviews, comments, questions, etc. The bashing of E should be in another post somewhere. It is diluting my efforts to help with my material... I'd feel rude for not replying though. I also feel obligated as the attacks enter into slight attacks on me.

I appreciate all your comments but thought I'd say something fair about the shipping. It is not of their interest to ship via the "lets hope it gets their" method. I have a call center and ship some products as well. I know the prices. Please look into it.

Just to show how crazy it is.. and I know we are not requiring complete next day air either... but know that next day air in international terms means it gets to customs in your country and to you with in a few days or so. The post office priority international means one week to two weeks. :

"to ship one small book internationally... roughly, the Postal Service charged $16.50 for a flat rate envelope, while UPS charged $62.87 and FedEx charged $54.57.
"
http://www.ups.com/
http://www.fedex.com/us/
http://www.usps.com/

A DVD plus case and paperwork is about 5 ounces. You'll need to pay for a pound.

They will not tell you that customs and non-tracking packages is dangerous. They will not tell you that things can vary by several weeks time if not paying for a premium expedited shipment with true tracking and insurance. The tracking on the flat rate envelopes used by the post office CAN NOT track your package. It can only tell IF it has been to customs, and that is only after a trace by the claims department. It sucks, I tell you. I can go on all day. I don't know E's policies, I know basic shipping though.

So, please, no more general accusations without doing your full homework... it is not fair to me;) Could you have posted something like this instead?:
"I'm having difficulties with the price of shipping and am not sure about the costs of downloads... any one else have good luck or find other options? Anyone find the DVD internationally? I live in ?????. I also feel pretty strongly that it is the PERFORMER that makes a trick amazing... but anyone that has this really think this effect, the tools, the methods, insight are really living up to the hype that jackhole is saying? If ANY trick could be a reputation maker, would this be one in your opinion and why?"

This was a heavy post from you man. It was hard to decide what to do with it. Questions of ANY kind, I can try to handle. Venting, opinions (that include me), incorrect comparisons are very complicated.

I wish you best regardless if you ever see anything I produce. Just keep it real and on track though.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
Understood... I hope you got my point though. I'm assuming their shipping policies are taking some risks and if they were shipping in the volume E was, they'd be buried by fraud. I've dealt with it personally. Again, the rest is semantics. I hope someone figures out this download issue for all of us. Cost, compatibility and more.
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
Any others get a chance to Tag anyone and utilize the various tests, forces, readings, techniques?... Anyone use the newspaper system?
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Rich,
I received my copy of your DVD on Monday and just last night I had a chance to start watching it. I've only watched the performance section and I have to say...I've learned quite a bit just from watching your "free-flowing" performance style as you interact with your spectators.(I believe I read that about you somewhere in the Q&A section over at E)

First impression upon watching that first section?
I was excited and eager to learn more about the newspaper system effect. The reaction from the young boy (and his dad) made me laugh out loud along with them!
:)

I looking forward to delving deeply into the rest of the DVD. There is so much info on it that I plan on watching all of it once and then breaking it down.
Great job and congrats on this release!

Oh, thanks for the autographed card!

Respectfully,
JRRocha
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
I loved tagged. . I recently experimented with a little version of this and it played off nicely. How bout you make a tagger with three x's like exile and then tag them. Do exile but at the end, instead of it being permanent, you then pinch the three clustered x's and then make them appear on the side of their arm. . the reactions I got from it were great. . I suggest trying it.

Just a thought

Nico
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
Yes, indeed... We had to limit the amount of info on Tagged. Great idea. I've experimented with waxes, inks, uv, glowing, invisible inks, disappearing ink... when the words materialize on people.. Also, can we keep the explanation and "tip offs" of exact parts, pieces, products needed, supplies down between those who have purchased it:)?

When you make your "T-BAND", dress it up with whatever coatings you find to create sweet effects. Smile Sweet stuff man!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tagged by Rich Ferguson (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL