The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tagged by Rich Ferguson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
willgraham
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of willgraham
Will Tagged ever be available through other online distributors like Penguin Magic?
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
Usually all Ellusionist stuff gets released through other dealers after a while but I am not the one to be answering. My presumption is yes though.
will4gzus
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of will4gzus
I just got the download and the DVD is on the way. Rich you are one devious guy, this is a superb effect. After watching the download, I want to thank you for the wealth of information on performance tips, those ideas can be applied to all of our performances, not just Tagged. I really liked your teaching I think you covered every possibility, even with "Mops" (If you have the download / DVD, you will know what I an talking about). I have already begun thinking of ideas to take this premise and put my own performance idea to it. I actually am doing a small venue performance tonight and had to fight the urge not to run with this because I want to put in the practice this gem deserves. Since I stick with Mentalism, I will definitely make this into a worker. Great job, thanks for sharing this.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I received and viewed the DVD today, I have to say I'm pretty impressed with this one. I picked up the supplies to make the g***ick this evening.

I'm going to put a lot of thought into this one before performing it.

The best part about it is it can be used for street, close-up, strolling and even stage performances.

Rich, I have one of you poker chip manipulation DVDs, which was good but you're magic is even better.

Thanks for the great effect and being so thorough on the DVD,

Mario
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I received and viewed the DVD today, I have to say I'm pretty impressed with this one. I picked up the supplies to make the g***ick this evening.

I'm going to put a lot of thought into this one before preforming it.

The best part about it is it can be used for street, close-up, strolling and even stage performances.

Rich, I have one of you poker chip manipulation DVDs, which was good but you're magic is even better.

Thanks for the great effect and being so thorough on the DVD,

Mario
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
Sweet! Glad you have both... Is that why you posted twice? HA. I love the range and flexibility of magic, performance, manipulation. You can make it what you want. When Serial Biller and some other mind effects come out this next year exclusive through E, it will be a nice spread of types of effects, uses, etc.

You are right about the stage use... Although I do not do tons of stage presentations, I actually love that built in opportunity when moving someone onto the stage. I love bold stuff like that. Having someone randomly picked form the audience and having them send the word to the person on stage is sweet. Nobody in the entire audience even suspects anything when you go into the effects. I primarily do "strolling" type events, not restaurants, but essentially mingling and surrounded at high end banquets and parties.

I'm also glad to hear you're going to manipulate the effect before even doing the mechanical dirty work with the g-k. It is like doing a card force in the sense that you can easily do a card trick that does not need a forced card, but you can practice forcing anyhow so there is absolutely ZERO worry about anything when trying to get the feet wet. After one or two "tries", you jump right into it and be amazed at the results. I'm really enjoying hearing about outcomes. PM me, discretely/appropriately explain here or head over to E and let me know. It sounds like you are more experienced than some of the E shoppers that might be new to magic, but I still like your attitude. Thanks for the good news and good luck.
<BR>http://www.TheIceBreaker.com
<BR>Creator: Official Poker's Chip Tricks, Card Stunts, Shuffles & Cuts, Flourishes • Tagged • Serial Biller • This is Mentalism • Tricks to Pick Up Chicks • Blank Gag Books
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Just not sure about the book test forces taught in the DVD, Rich...sorry, just my humble opinion....I have found that anyone remotely familiar with forcing things in magic will pick up on some of the book test you teach...I have however found the effect in combination with Osterlinds Magazine Test produces outstanding disbelief amongst the audience...have you looked at this at all Rich?? Anyone keen on my ideas on these 2 effects in combo, please PM me.

Kam
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
Quote:
On 2008-12-19 23:17, kambiz wrote:
Just not sure about the book test forces taught in the DVD, Rich...sorry, just my humble opinion....I have found that anyone remotely familiar with forcing things in magic will pick up on some of the book test you teach...I have however found the effect in combination with Osterlinds Magazine Test produces outstanding disbelief amongst the audience...have you looked at this at all Rich?? Anyone keen on my ideas on these 2 effects in combo, please PM me.

Kam

Heck ya! There are numerous forces out there. We think the DVD covers quit a bit for most people including some cool ideas like the newspaper manipulation, etc for even the most picky and searching pros... although this was not intended to be the top pros only dvd. As far as audience "catching on", I use many methods and the results are always nearly the same. Have you done all the methods along with the polish and showmanship and opportunities as provided? They go bonkers and nobody catches me. It sounds like you do quit a bit of mentalism. Did you fly threw the DVD and skip sections? I only ask because there were some little points here and there randomly that I call the "good stuff". I hope you get some great results with predictions appearing on people:)

You are right though, there are so many out there which are dvds in themselves. Best, R
<BR>Creator: Official Poker's Chip Tricks, Card Stunts, Shuffles & Cuts, Flourishes • Tagged • Serial Biller • This is Mentalism • Tricks to Pick Up Chicks • Blank Gag Books
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
Quote:
On 2008-12-12 20:11, willgraham wrote:
Will Tagged ever be available through other online distributors like Penguin Magic?

I posted this somewhere in DVDs.. but for those who are not able to purchase from E (like a couple people I know from Singapore) , please PM me and I'll try to take care of you. I have a few copies I purchased from E specifically for those stuck.

As far as available through other distributors, I heard from E that a shipment went overseas and was distributed to wherever, we don't know. As far as domestically, I don't think there are anywhere but E right now. ???
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
GREAT NEWS! I finally got my own DVD... Seriously busy the past couple weeks with events and have only seen the download and haven't had time to remind them to send ME one! I received a copy of the DVD today and saw the DVD layout for the very first time.

So, without any more yacking, here's the content below. Okay, just a little more yacking first... Its been a bit of time since filming and I've spent quite a while talking in the forum about the fact the DVD is focused on a "way" of performing and opportunities... as far as technical content, specific effects, chapters, etc, hopefully this will cover that end of things for you. If you do not have Tagged (or if you do!) and have any questions at all, shoot em over and I'll do my very best to help you out. Most chapter have tips, psychology and little gems thrown in here and there, but here's the structure and guts of the DVD:

----
Main Menu
Play All

Performances
Set Up
Forces
Reveals
Extras
----
Performances

Open
Intro
Pinky Break Force
Two Person Force
Newspaper Force
Miscall Force
Page Number Force
Dictionary Improv
Forcing Deck
Syllable Tests

Main Menu
Play All
----
Set Up

The Gimmick
The Basic Stamper
Velcro Stamper
Other Stampers
Fonts
Inks

Methods
How to Tag
The Pschology
Handling the Stamper
Concealing the Stamper
Other Methods

Play All
Main Menu
----
Forces

Page Forces
Pinky Break
Miscalls
Key Pages
Dictionary Improv
Page Number Forces

Cards Forces 1 & 2
Phone Number Force
Newspaper Force

Play All
Main Menu
----
Reveals
Point It Out
2 Person Reveal
Tattoo reveal
You Do As I Do
Half on Me, Half on You Reveal
Syllable Test
Final Words
Credit

Play All
Main Menu
----
Extras
Preview of 10 current or upcoming DVDs!
Main Menu
kambiz
View Profile
Inner circle
Perth, down by the cool of the pool
1129 Posts

Profile of kambiz
Rich, I have seen your DVD now 4 times and even made notes!!! that's just the way I am with my purchases, once I make a decision, I follow it thru to the death. In answer to your question, I am not a mentalist by any means of the imagination, but I have quite some experience in card magic etc. Do not get me wrong by my message, I think the concept behind the effect you teach is brilliant, I was just saying that for a more elaborate force, people may want to look at other effects out there! Thanks for your speedy response...
Kam

p.s polish and showmanship are my middle names, just ask my wife... it drives her nuts!
If I speak forth, many a mind will shatter,
And if I write, many a pen will break.
.....and when I consider my own self, lo, I find it coarser than clay!
JohnPizzi
View Profile
New user
NJ
81 Posts

Profile of JohnPizzi
I am sold from reading all these Posts.. Ok wheres my credit card.. Time to make a donation to Rich.... Happy Holidays..
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
Quote:
On 2008-11-26 12:42, Thomas Kwon wrote:
Will this be avaialbe directly from you?

I really swore on myself to not buy anything from ellusionist.

Well, for anyone who absolutely will not or can not (i.e. Singapore, etc) get from E directly, I have a couple Sets send from E to me. I can ship and sale very limited copies if you need help. PM anytime.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Rich I hope you had a great Christmas time!

Thanks for releasing this, wow this really freaks people and they simple love it.
What's Serial Biller? Smile

All the best and wish a fantastic new year,
Elcio
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Is it just me or Does Rich Ferguson look kinda like Dexter Holland?
Official Thread Killer
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1338 Posts

Profile of bond19
Who's Dexter Holland??
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Can you tagg someone under their cloths? Just watched the clip from the tv show and it does not look like he does come close to her.

Its very cold most of the year where I live so people are always wearing long sleeves.
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
It comes down to spectator management. I doubt if you'd be doing street magic out in the snow anyways! indoors with jackets and clothing can be managed. I've done it a few times on live news shows with hosts wearing jackets. Also, you do not HAVE to have prediction appear in the place which concerns you. It WILL make your job more interesting if you want to write on arms and they are wearing long sleeves... No different than you might handle taking a watch from someone with long sleeves vs. no sleeves in a way. Indoors sounds like you ticket anyhow...

Now, you specifically asked if you tag someone under their clothes... can you get under their clothes!? Hmmmm...
Rich Ferguson
View Profile
Regular user
California, USA
190 Posts

Profile of Rich Ferguson
OH, for those who did not catch it, this effect got some kudos from iTricks... 2008 Trick of the Year! Check it out:

http://www.richferguson.com/video/itrickstv.mov

http://itricks.com/news/?p=6096

http://blog.ellusionist.com/tagged-by-ri......he-year/
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Nice effect does what’s promised…
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Tagged by Rich Ferguson (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL