The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » EZ fun at the bar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

peppermeat2000
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
Not only have these effects been great ice-breakers when I've wanted to do impromptu performances while out with friends. They have also resulted in regular gigs when the right people have been around.

First thing is to fix a card to the bottom of an empty bar stool. If you don't have tape, ask the bartender or waitress. Most bars and restaurants have a roll laying around. Next, ask the bartender if there is a deck of cards behind the bar. If so, take the deck and reverse one of the cards (remembering of course which card it is. Make sure it is different than the one taped under the stool.) Give the deck back to the bartender instructing him not to give it out until you have done a little experiment with it. If no deck exists behind the bar, have a deck that you can have the bartender hold which you've prepared ahead of time with a reversed card.

When your ready, force the identical card to the person who takes a seat at the "gaffed" barstool. If the person isn't in the mood wait until someone sits there who is, or offer him/her a drink if they agree to help you out (this always works, at least in the places where I hang out) Use whatever presentation patter you feel fits, ultimately revealing the card to the spectators. Laymen love this kind of card revelation.

Whoever is watching will want to see you do it again, so force the card from your deck that matches the reversed card in the deck behind the bar. Pretend that the trick messed up as you can't find the card under any barstools and ask for the bar deck. Have the spectator go through the deck and watch as they freak out when they see the reversed card matches the one they picked.

Simple stuff but marvelously fun! Try it out and let me know how it plays for you or any changes that you can make to play it out better.
nelly
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of nelly
Nice one.
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
oh sweet, I think I can do this at my relatives'/friends' houses... gotta try it Smile

Thanks!

--Diavo Smile

After talking about it at my cousins' house, we came up with an idea of having a selected card appear face up on the underside of a glass tabletop! Just place the card and mess the cards around the table between you & your spectator -- then dive your hand under the cover of the cards and stick it to the bottom of the tabletop!

--Diavo Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » EZ fun at the bar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL