The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk Fountains: Worth the Hassle or Not? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1438 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Okay...you got me reconsidering, especially with that enticing sneaker out of fountain idea. I like it. Does that load bag come in the RJE "fountain to dove" listed on your site?

Thanks,

Todd
RJE
View Profile
Inner circle
1848 Posts

Profile of RJE
The Silk Fountain to Dove is designed to produce a dove from the center of the fountain, but you can use any load that is no bigger than a dove in its place.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Quote:
On 2008-11-29 06:39, Harry Murphy wrote:
You gave up too soon! The preparation time drops as soon as you have done it a few times. You learn that it does not have to be precise. It takes me less than a minute to set an 18-silk, silk fountain. I include several free silks that are allowed to drop from the fountain, and load glitter and/or confetti in venues where allowed. In all it is no big deal to quickly fold a silk fountain.

Then you can get General Grant’s version. There is no folding. Grab the silks and put into the holder. His takes about five seconds to have completed and ready to use. It is the fountain of choice for me when I’m on stage. In a parlor or church basement or small club venue I’ll use my old homemade set-up.

The silk fountain is one of those tricks that many magicians discount but garners a good response from an audience of non-magicians.

Harry,

Where can you get the Gen Grant wersion?

David
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5354 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
General Grant's email is:

GGmagic@aol.com

He'll send you a price list of all his products.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1666 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I use Jay Scott Berry's The Diamond Silk Fountain. No steals. You show both hands empty and produce a silk out of thin air. Then you shake it and the fountain begins. It's great and it always gets people mesmerized and I hear them say "What the..." every time. I use it to produce a parasol. It's the perfect misdirection as I slowly steal the parasol from its hiding place. It's embarrassing how easy ti is to steal and produce the parasol with this fountain of silks because it's such great misdirection and it's right in front of where I steal. Then I go into splitting the parasol and if I feel like it I'll produce another two but I usually stick to producing one from the fountain of silks and splitting it into two. I highly recommend the fountain of silks effect.
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Thanks again to all in this thread

After 2 months of work the silk fountain is ready to be performed live

cardone - took your advise and made my own.
14 18" square silks. Have the folding time down to about 5 minutes.
Using ma****s to hold it together

You know this already but it is a very deceptive piece and very beautiful
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Tomasz Jusza
View Profile
New user
Poland
2 Posts

Profile of Tomasz Jusza
There is also possibility to do blendo effect in the end. I also think about some experiment with colors - only white and red silks in different sizes for example ?:)
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
Quote:
On 2008-12-04 07:04, cardone wrote:
Vick .. Make your own ... It's not hard and the size of the fountain and the load chamber will be up to you ....
Duane Laflin has a DVD on this subject. I have been using one I made for about 10 years . It is very easy and much cheaper.

What would you estimate is the cost of making one as shown in this DVD?

I saw the DVD on Ebay for like $20 and that seemed like a decent price, but I have found that sometimes the instructions to very expensive projects can come very cheaply.
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
You can make one for the cost of 14, 18" silks. About $50
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Drew,

Duane sells the Silk Fountain DVD for $20, brand new.

http://www.lockfamilymagic.com/public/index.php?&alertmsg=&

Dave
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Get Jay Scott Berrys diamond silk fountain. The steal on that is amazing. Very very clever.

I have one that I made myself, a friend has the JSB version.

I don't use mine since I cannot come up with a proper steal for it with my routine.
-Matt
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
The Rainbow, Duane Laflin silk fountain is $99.00 the silk fountain tape/dvd is $20.00. The Christmas silk fountain is $66.00
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
Tomasz Jusza
View Profile
New user
Poland
2 Posts

Profile of Tomasz Jusza
Quote:
On 2009-02-06 22:04, ChrisG wrote:
You can make one for the cost of 14, 18" silks. About $50

Actually, it can be done much cheaper:

http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/......_id=1314
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk Fountains: Worth the Hassle or Not? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL