The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Berland's Enchanted Cigarette Holder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Hello everybody,

I'm looking forward to purchase Berland's "Enchanted Cigarette Holder" from Abbotts. Could anybody help me and tell me what is the maximum size of silk that can be used with this effect ?

I've e-mailed Greg at Abbott's, but didn't get any reply yet.

Thank you very much in advance,

Oliver.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Man that brings back memories! I bought this trick directly from Sam Berland back in the 60's when you could smoke anywhere (even in theaters!).

It used to come with a 12 inch silk. The silk is prepared/gaffed a bit to make the trick work. The cigarette holder is also gaffed to keep the silk from burning. It is very low-tec but works great!

I remade the silk using one of my Rice 18-inch silks. With a very thin silk you could go larger. Basically any size silk you can palm is the size you can use.

If you are thinking of using the silk in a follow on trick you can't. You will have to switch it out for an identical silk.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Harry,

Thank you very much for your help and your very fast reply.
You gave me the answer I needed and even more.

Now I need to think about how to switch the silk.
If somebody has some hints, please feel free to pm me.

Thank you very much again.

Oliver.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Oliver, don't make it complicated. Perform the "Enchanted Cigarette Holder" as per instructions. You are left with a silk handkerchief. Dramatize/flourish the hank a little and simply stick it into your jacket pocket as you pick up the next prop. Reach into that pocket and pull out the duplicate, ungimmicked handkerchief.

Done on the off beat it flies right by the audience. I know it is way old-school but it works.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Berland's Enchanted Cigarette Holder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL