The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Isolation clip, must see. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
gerryc
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of gerryc
I was there and that's the way it happened. I think Amber was Docc Hilford's neice she was a peach of a lady, got picked on multiple times that evening, but a great sport. It was really strong live. Marc, Peter, Looch and Andy Nyman were really great guys. I don't think Marc will be letting this one go for awhile.
CSMTREE
View Profile
Veteran user
El Paso, Texas
313 Posts

Profile of CSMTREE
That was an awesome show and Marc is a class act! He was a gentleman on and off stage and was helpful in every way. Great Mindvention and great effect. I have know idea, killer!

Thanks for sharing Looch.

PS. Looch, Peter, Nyman and everyone from Alakazam were outstanding.

Bill
Ken The Klown
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Ken The Klown
AMBER IS DOCC'S NIECE?!?!?!?!
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Apparently so.. I didn't know at the time but Docc used her in his finale which was hilarious. Docc was on after me and closed the show..

Amber was very pretty but Docc is a big guy if you get my drift..

Thanks again guys, it was a sincere pleasure hanging out and chatting with you all at Mindvention..
Roll on next year..

Best

Marc
It's not goodbye, just see you later...
caycemindreader
View Profile
Regular user
UK
104 Posts

Profile of caycemindreader
Good effect Marc, and fun performance. How would what we saw differ from a set presented for normal people (ie not mentalists)? Just curious.

Was the effect Paul Brooks Serial Killer? Because it looked very similar. Either way, a nice routine.
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
That was a brilliant clip!!!

I eagerly await the DVD!!!

Marc has a great stage presence and is a really funny guy.

Plus he has a very "stealthy" wallet!!!

Peace & Love

Matt
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Hasn't anyone told Marc that mentalism is supposed to be boring?
Great clip.

Steve
OTTOEMEZZO
View Profile
Special user
544 Posts

Profile of OTTOEMEZZO
Yes indeed. Very entertaining. I don't even want to try to figure it out. Of course, I have some ideas, but it could something else completely. Excellent stuff.
-Vlad
"The Swan Song" is my last release to the mentalism community. Only a few copies remain!

"Unholy Grail" is now available! Features Perfected Day for Any Date, Ultimate PK Touches, Triple Drawing Duplication, and The Presence (my ghost effect)! Everything is 100% prop-less!

"Tres" LIMITED EDITION e-Book contains my signature "No Touches" PK Touches! Now SOLD OUT!

"Reverie" is for sale! Features extremely strong, 100% prop-less mentalism effects!

"Secret Files" is NOW AVAILABLE directly through me. Contains the EASIEST DAY FOR ANY DATE version!!!
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2190 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Hey! I can't believe I missed this post until now.
Thanks for posting the clip Looch and thanks for the performance Marc.

It brought back a lot of great memories.

Interestingly, I was surprise there wasn't more buzz about this effect at Mindvention.
I was seated beside some guy who kind of shrugged.

"He switched it."

"You saw him switch it? I was burning him and I couldn't see it!"

"Well... I didn't see it, but you know..."

I understand what Mr. Gray means when he says method is irrelevant... but I'll respectfully disagree with him in this case. The people who paid attention saw a miracle, those who didn't-- missed one.

Can't wait to see the road movie.

best dave
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Quote:
On 2008-12-03 10:24, caycemindreader wrote:
Good effect Marc, and fun performance. How would what we saw differ from a set presented for normal people (ie not mentalists)? Just curious.

Was the effect Paul Brooks Serial Killer? Because it looked very similar. Either way, a nice routine.

Thanks guys for the lovely comments.. In terms of how the performance would change for a regular audience to be honest that is a judgement call I make at every event. Some performances are more straight and serious whilst others can be exactly as seen without the 'Preshow' gag thrown in.

It totally depends on the audience. I think a good entertainer can blend with the atmosphere and the clientele.
In my full stage show there are moments when I can be quite serious but then later be funny and make a comical remark. The light and the dark makes a good contrast..

It is not Paul Brooks effect, I haven't seen Paul's which I am sure is great, this is something I have came up with a couple of years ago and use occasionally..

Thanks again guys, glad you like my humor..

'Good Tings' - Alec Baldwin - Along Came Polly...

M
RichOrvec
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of RichOrvec
"Does last night count?"

Great line, and it was great to watch a professional like Marc take it and run with it.

Excellent performance, would love to see the rest of it.

PS: On a related note, the video hosting site Vimeo can hold longer clips than YouTube, and the quality is nothing to shake a stick at, either.
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1028 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Quote:
On 2008-12-01 05:16, Marc Spelmann wrote:
but Docc is a big guy if you get my drift..

I thought in the clip you mentioned "no action for five days" ?
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
drswoboda
View Profile
New user
Milwaukee, WI
78 Posts

Profile of drswoboda
That is one very entertaining performance, Marc. Thanks for posting it so those that could not be at the convention could see your work.

Outstanding.
-David
—"Honest to Goodness, I Only Cheat a Little" - Max Malini (1873-1943), Illusionist
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2502 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I've always enjoyed Marc's work. Hope everyone has bought his DVD set.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Ken The Klown
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Ken The Klown
HEY! "Isolation" is the second effect in my new e-book, HYPErmentalism! Where do you get off not only performing it, but putting it on the Inernets?

Seriously, Marc...if that IS your name...I don't feel replacing the moose bladder with a drinking glass is enough of a change to validate ANY claim to originality.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I really liked the clip. But that glass was well hidden for a time just before he handed it to her. Or was it just camera angle? Looked like a S::::h...
Marc Spelmann
View Profile
Special user
London U.K.
666 Posts

Profile of Marc Spelmann
Ken, I can only apologize.. I thought by changing the moose bladder would throw you off, also the fact that I performed it fully clothed, but as always you have busted me.. I have the suspicious feeling that you are NOT Ken The Klown, the world famous children's mind reader but more likely my evil twin brother Dark Spelmann..

Mindpunisher, I can assure I would never dream of using such underhanded techniques.. Well not that often..

Full credit goes to Ken The Klown..

MS
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I'm glad to hear your honest Marc. I hate deception.
Ken The Klown
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Ken The Klown
Marc, you are a gentleman in the truest sense of the word. Use and/or market ISOLATION as you see fit, and with my sincere blessing.

I apologize for my little fit of pique in the earlier post and remain...

Yours,

KTK
lane99
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of lane99
I didn't watch the whole clip. But what I saw seemed somewhat tacky to me. It makes me cringe when a male performer takes advantage of his soapbox to leer at a female audience member.

It that was all part of pre-arranged act, then fine. Just not to my taste. But if she was an unrehearsed volunteer, not cool.

On the other hand, I do enjoy reading Marc's Café posts which have always suggested to me a man who is quite witty, charming, and respectful to others.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Isolation clip, must see. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL