The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Alternative to jacket? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lozax
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of lozax
Hi,

My girlfriend is starting in magic. She started working on sleeving and she wanted me to ask what are the feminine alternatives to the jacket? She never wears jackets and thinks that if she does for a trick the audience will think very soon "it's all in the jacket". What do you think? What do you use? Any ideas?
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
While helpful a jacket is not a requirement for sleeving. Keep in mind that there is more than one way to sleeve. Any blouse or shirt with fairly loose sleeves can be used. Brian Platt's "Catapult" is worth a look.

I'll assume that your friend is worried about acquaintances becoming suspect if she starts changing her attire. I felt the same way in impromptu situations. People who knew me well knew I never wore jackets, vests, jewelry, etc. At first I started to make a very slow transition of style but then simply decided keep it as it was in these cases.

However, when I wanted friends and family to critique routines I was to use at parties and strolling then my attire took on quite a different look.
lozax
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of lozax
We just checked the "catapult" DVD and it is quite amazing, plus all the reviews say it's a must have so we definitly get it as soon as we can.

Thank you Jaz for sharing your experience in that matter. I think she will not start wearing a jacket and see what of her clothes match sleeving the most.

"However, when I wanted friends and family to critique routines I was to use at parties and strolling then my attire took on quite a different look."
We didn't quite understand that sentence. Sorry English is not our mother tongue (I'm French and she is Japanese, excuse our English!).
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Quote:
On 2008-11-30 14:12, lozax wrote:
"However, when I wanted friends and family to critique routines I was to use at parties and strolling then my attire took on quite a different look."
We didn't quite understand that sentence. Sorry English is not our mother tongue (I'm French and she is Japanese, excuse our English!).

I'll try to explain.

When I want to test an act or routine I want to perform for strangers, I will ask my friends for thier opinions. At this performance I will wear a jacket or vest and whatever else fits the character I want to portray.
lozax
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of lozax
We got it now thanks!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Don't overlook capes! Capes can even have sleeves, holdouts, topits, etc.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Watch female magicians perform on You Tube. Their outfits might tip your girlfriend.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Alternative to jacket? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL