The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Asrah Rigging Photos? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Does anyone have photos or references to photos (not just drawings) of actual stage rigging for an Asrah illusion? I am most interested in the "tension rig" and the "straight lift" versions. If you will PM me, I will send you an e-mail address.

Thanks.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
I think the best resource of this would be in the Encyclopedia of Suspensions and Levitations. The book covers almost every aspect of levitations, and the Asrah is described to a fair detail in the book.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7408 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
There is a book sold by Joe Stevens that has a lot of rigging details on the Asrah. I don't understand why you want the photos. Every house rigging is slightly different on the off stage sides. Photos will not show up that well.

If you are having a problem, send me a regular email and I can try to talk you through it.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I have both the "Encyclopedia" and the Stevens book, as well as several other Asrah references. I have never rigged anything like this before, and the eyebolts in the stage are confusing me. I am usually very good with drawings, and I'm probably trying to read more into this than is necessary.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Allow me to be honest, I've never paid close attention to the drawings on the Asrah. Maybe it's because I've not thought of performing it. I got the book to understand suspensions and levitations. Maybe you would understand, ClintonMagus.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7408 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Drop me a regular email. I will get you through it.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Also, the book "The Complete Book of Asrah" has a ton of material about making your own (forms and rigging).
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Thanks to all of you who have come to my aid! As usual, I was trying to make this much more difficult than it really is.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Asrah Rigging Photos? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL