The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Roy Benson sources, material (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
I have been interested in Roy Benson. After a recent lecture tour Cellini spoke very highly of Roy, having seen his act. Bruce Elliot also mentions Benson several times in "Classic Secrets of Magic," and judging from the quality of his contributions, he sounds like an incredible magical thinker.

Aside from references to his famous bowl and sponges routine, (Jeff McBride does a card move of his on his card manipulation video)does anyone know of any other sources, including biographical info, or even a description of his act?

Thanks.
truthteller
View Profile
Inner circle
2584 Posts

Profile of truthteller
He appeared on the Gary Moore show years ago. There are some tapes of that floating around. He's VERY good.
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Hi Darrin: I just noticed your post. The Phoenix has references to Roy Benson, including and beyond his famous bowl routine. Also, he contributed to the Tarbell Course. Here's a very brief entry for Roy Benson in Dr. Bart Whaley's "Who's Who in Magic" (1991): "Benson, Roy (USA: 1915-1978) Stage name of E.F.E. McQuade. Pro sleight-of-hand. Invented the Long Pour in the late 1930's. 1977 AMA Performing Fellowship."
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Darrin,

I seem to vaguely recall that Mr. Benson was credited with the silent link move for the linking rings.

I'm not certain though.

Does anyone else out there seem to recall if this is so, and if so, what source the move was written up in?
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Roy Benson sources, material (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL