We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » I don't know where this should go (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
294 Posts

Profile of nostrings
I have a close friends wedding coming up and need to come up with a good trick to perform for the bride and groom. I know a version of the anniversary waltz. My problem is that I really want something that will be just as romantic, but that will play bigger, with some possible humor but ultimately end in romantic way. Any ideas?

Thanks guys

Adam
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Split deck, or comedy split deck is the first thing that comes to mind. If you could pry her new ring off her finger, you could also have fun with a "safe" version of ring flight. I recommend the Porper/Biro version. I've done it with a Super Bowl ring.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1882 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
How about Anniversary Waltz, only play it up bigger and add some humor? A trick is just a trick. It's all about presentation. I'm not trying to be glib. Think about it.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
691 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
I tried to come up with a solution for this as well a couple of years ago. I came up with something really awesome, actually. If you like sponge balls, I did a routine where I "melted" two initialed red sponge balls together (one for each the bride and groom) into a bigger sponge heart. You'll have to make the sponge heart from a 5 inch red sponge ball. I performed for the group last year again and they still say they have the heart, it played really well.

Eddie
Eddie Ivan Torres
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
..vanishing bandanna..........
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
691 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
Very romantic...

Eddie
Eddie Ivan Torres
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Sponge rabbits.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I hope you don't mind the inquiry but I must ask, have you been requested by the bride and groom to perform something or is this just something that you've decided you want to do? The reason I ask is that weddings are tremendously sensitive occasions. In many cases, the bride dreams of that perfect wedding and spends a ton of money making it just right. In other words, it's their day.

If you have not been specifically asked to perform by both the bride and groom, be very careful not to overstep your bounds as an invited guest. If this is going to be a special surprise, at least make sure it's approved by the rest of the wedding party well in advance and ensure that the emcee has ample opportunity to fit it into his schedule of events for that evening.

I apologize if I come across as "preachy" but I've actually been at weddings where a well-intentioned relative or friends almost ruined the entire evening will silly antics. Ever since, I've always refrained from performing at weddings unless I'm specifically asked/hired to so; and even then, I ensure that everything in the show spotlights the bride and groom as much as possible.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
294 Posts

Profile of nostrings
Kent,

good point, but yes I have been asked to perform. I have already performed the Anniversary Waltz for the brides parents. The problem is that they don't mind something small like sponge balls, but they would prefer something bigger. Any other ideas? Anyone?

Adam
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1240 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I would suggest a production of a champaign bottle and glasses from three silks. See it here http://www.morrisseymagic.com/stage7.htm If your patter is in the context of making a toast. Come up with something that each color represents for the couple, and then end with the kicker bottle of champaign to represent fun and laughter. This is larger and has a romantic wedding feel. It is also easy with a decent price.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I've always liked the bottle production from silks. You can use the different colored silks to weave a story about the bride and groom and then end off by producing the bottle. You can even go so far as to provide them with a magical toast with the floating glass effect. Just a thought.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Deans Box has two ropes and a ring that joins the two. Watch Dean perform it and it may fit in with good patter.

For my occasions that have a Christian flair I use the anniversary waltze with a scrip talking about Gen. 2:24 of which the two become one flesh and have them lift their hands apart.

-Scott M
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Cardiographic by Martin Lewis: force the queen of hearts and write something romantic with their names instead of just signing. They'll keep it framed for years (until they divorce actually, but their kids will pick it up).
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
294 Posts

Profile of nostrings
The Bottle production sounds great, as does the Cardiographic routine keep them coming guys this is turning into a great thread for wedding tricks.

Thanks

Adam
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24255 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have an excellent wedding routine; however, if you want it, you will have to get a copy of my Renaissance festival lecture notes. I perform weddings, and this is actually a part of my ceremony. Since I currently use it for gainful employment, I'm somewhat reluctant to turn loose of it without compensation.

The notes have a complete list of necessary props, plus the scripting.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
294 Posts

Profile of nostrings
Maybe a hint at a plot Bill?
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I should also have mentioned R. Paul Wilson: Extreme Possibilities - Volume 2; Thief Of Hearts which is Paul’s Valentine card trick, the ideal effect for couples.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » I don't know where this should go (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL