The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is X Finger by Geoff Weber? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
343 Posts

Profile of dlachance
I was skeptical at first but with all the reviews I just went ahead and bought it. After watching it I thought to myself, there is no way this will work. But I knew it had too because other were having such great success with it.

I did the LIVE/EVIL transformation for my wife and she had no clue how I did it. That gave me the confidence to try it again....my boss at work, some co-workers.....the reactions were some of the best I have received from them in some time. They seen all the card tricks, the coin tricks and even stigmata, so getting a great reaction from them is hard now. XFinger came through. I will be doing this tonight at the restaurant and I can't wait.

Blessings,
Dorian
-Dorian LaChance
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4026 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
I think MANY folks have just watched only the first 5-10 minutes of the video to learn the method and they have probably walked away from it thinking that it was a silly method (much like how many disregarded the ring thing). Good thing is, folks who have a better understanding for what will work and will not work now have little jewels like X Finger in their arsenal which are not widely used by others. The sad truth to all of this however is that creators like Geoff do not get the proper exposure that they very well should receive for brilliant creativity.

It's like sponge balls in a sense. A lot of magicians feels like sponge balls are just plain silly and refuses to use them but reality is, the sponge balls will probably get you a stronger reaction (and quicker as well) than a lot of your card or coin routines.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Everyone on the board knows I had troubles with this. Now I have them resolved I must say I'm performing one version or another of this at every gig. Fantastic little effect.

ALAN
jrl41090
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of jrl41090
Quote:
On 2009-01-27 13:46, Alan Rorrison wrote:
Everyone on the board knows I had troubles with this. Now I have them resolved I must say I'm performing one version or another of this at every gig. Fantastic little effect.

ALAN

That's really good news Alan! May I ask what version/effects you are performing?

Justin
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Alan,
Pm'd you......

Warmest Regards,
JRRocha
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Just now I'm doing a 3 fly style routine and loving it. Im also toying witht he writing removal and reaperance
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4026 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
3-fly a-la something along the lines of what was taught/suggested near the end of the video?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Its and idea from the tape mate.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
Once you know the secret it is hard to believe that this will fool anyone. Those that perform it know that it does fool people and not only that it gets great reactions for a small amount of effort.
P3
practice practice perform.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4026 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
That's what I thought Alan, but I was leaving the possibility that you were doing a coin type 3-fly with the X Finger method which peaked my curiosity. So you've actually tried that routine on the video, I shy'd away from that one. Currently I've just been doing the transformations of Live/Evil as well as the right angles to the person's name.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I just downloaded this onto my Mac and it did not open. I sent an e-mail to Paper Crane and I'm waiting to hear from them.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Posted: Mar 16, 2009 12:05am
BTW if anyone has any tips on the Mac and this download I'd sure appreciate it. I asked Paper Crane and Geoff if the download did not work on my computer if I can get the dvd---but man I hope they can send me the download for my Mac. I really want to try this effect.

Good magic to all,

Eric
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4026 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Works perfectly fine on my macbook. I suggest that you use the VLC player instead of iTunes and Quicktime.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

I still could not get it to open. But I just want to say that I contacted Geoff and Paper Crane and both answered my Emails very quickly and they are sending me the DVD. They are very nice people to work with and I will be doing more business with them in the future. I like people who stand behind their product and are willing to help.

Good magic to all,

Eric
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
X Finger is now in stock at Murphy's You can order from your favorite Dealer.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

To all concerned,

I just received my X Finger DVD in the mail today and I like it a lot. I do agree with the posts above to watch it all the way through. I tried it out and it really worked good. I got one reaction that kind of threw me a little---I got hit by a tiny lady who said "NO WAY!" as she hit me! That was the funniest one.

But there is something else I would like to say about Geoff and Paper Crane. They stand behind their products. For some reason or another my download did not work on my Mac. Geoff tried to walk me through it and even sent a download to me to see if it would help---it didn't. Well when I emailed Geoff and Paper Crane and I told them what happened---they sent me the DVD in place of the download. I really appreciate people who stand by their products and I will be doing business with these reputable people in the future.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Thanks for kind words Eric. I'm glad to hear the your getting those great reactions from the trick!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Geoff---You are very welcome. By the way I mistakingly put the X Finger dvd on my for sale list here on the site. So as soon as I'm done I will take that off of there. What a day!

But I will say this I discovered something with X FINGER today. If you snap your fingers you can have an X transfer to your thumb from your finger. Geoff this really got my friend good. I'll be experimenting more with it. But for now I have to remove an item (I absolutely can not believe I got this mixed up)

Thanks again Geoff,

Eric
Tennispro
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Tennispro
I guess I will have to watch the DVD again but my first reaction is similar to a review in MUM mgazine. This is not as good as its hype would make you think. Be glad to sell the dvd to anyone for 1/2 price. PM me
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1890 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Not as good? Have you tried it with a real audience? I will assume not because if you had, you would have witnessed a great reaction.

It does not matter your reaction, just the specs.

Plus, this is not the place to sell anything.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
I think a lot of people are missing out on a truly great effect here. There are not many great non card, non coin, non ct effects commercially available. Sure it's a simple trick and on rare occasions someone may discover the method(personally I think it is very rare) but the reactions are so suprising because it is completely unexpected what you do. My advice and the only way I perform it because I am a bit of a wimp is to use it as an appearance. That way you end clean and can go right into another routine.
P3
practice practice perform.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is X Finger by Geoff Weber? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL