The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is X Finger by Geoff Weber? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1264 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Altrez wrote: "So the DEMO and the website are both very misleading."

But Altrez, did you really think that you could write on your finger, then pull it off in a string of plastic?

Maybe you did, but logic of method says, "No, I won't be able to do that. There will be a little extra something I'll have to do. I can tell that FROM THE DEMO!"

I don't mean to pick on you specifically, but come on, it's a magic trick! Let's keep the discussion real. And let's not get into methods. And, no, there is no such thing as real magic, only tricks with (hopefully) good presentations.

- Steve
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
215 Posts

Profile of altrez
Steve,

You are right. I get so hyped over the great looking DEMO plus the AD's and It makes me want to believe in real magic again Smile

It looks great and I do plan on buying it Smile

-Altrez
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Quote:
On 2008-12-04 20:44, fridoliina89 wrote:
If I would want a text to appear on my hand/finger, how clean do I end? As people said, I'm pretty sure people will want to look at my hand if a have a text appear from nowhere on my hand.

100% clean
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Imagine:

Asking the girl of your dreams if she can palm read (i know its on the finger..but bear with me)
No matter what her answer is tell her to try on your hand and then reveal "i love you" or "marry me?" or simply just her name.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Altrez, thanks for your enthusiasm Smile
As you and Steve were discussing, some things do involve setup. Xfinger can be used in a million different ways..I didn't write the ad copy, but I think what they intended to mean was that it CAN be done impromptu. Of course there are other ways it can be done, depending on what effect you want to create.

Regarding your other question, I don't want to reveal too much, suffice it to say, we do teach you how to clean up.

As many of you noted, this effect is ideal for combining with other effects. I have been using it in combination with Stars & Hexes for years. I don't have Tagged yet, but it looks like they would go together like peanut butter and chocolate.
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
215 Posts

Profile of altrez
Mr Weber,

Thank you for taking the time to explain things! Very cool... You have sold me on the product!

Thanks!

-Altrez
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Some Idea's: I don't know if these will all work but give it a read:

A prospectve client : draw a bored smiley face and say
"this is your audience before my act"
Change it to a face with a big smile and say
"this is them after"

Virtual Coin Flip : draw a coin with heads showing. Ask the spectator heads or tails. then change it

Wrong Card Prediction : write ace of hearts on your finger. From a deck force 7 diamonds. Then change the text accordingly.

you and I : her initial, a heart, then your initial. Shake and both initials end up inside the heart.

LIE DEDECTOR: the word truth changes to lies when the spectator lies to you

PETALS: clip some petals behind your fingers. Draw a flower on your finger shake your hand letting the petals fall into the girls hand. reveal flower on your finger missing all but one petal.

PHONE NUMBER/WWW : write your phone number on your hand. let them take it down then ask them if they want your email as well..shake your hand and it appears.

CUTE TURN DOWN : at a bar have the words "buy me a drink" on your finger. Walk up to some girl and show it to her when she tells you "no" shake your hand to make it say "fine!" that will be funny to see her reaction.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Awesome ideas! Every single one of those will work with xfinger.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1264 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Great post, Mac! Thank you!
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
How often can I change?
Small example: From lie to truth, again to lie and so on.
Is this possible? Or can I only once changes?
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
You can do it back and forth between 2 things (from what I asume the method to be)
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
Tommorow's the big day you can buy it from http://www.papercranemagic.com or at E
P3
practice practice perform.
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
How does the apperance look from your emtpy palm? I did not see any of that in the trailer.

To be able to do that got me really intressted, Is that also Impromtu?
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Yes we show that, and yes it is.
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Oh sorry I missed that one, looks fantastic I'm sure this one will get amazing reactions.

One last question, can they inspect my hand after the text did appear?

Also I was wondering, will papercrane offer the same type of download as their other products? Because E´s downloads wont play on mac.Smile
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1924 Posts

Profile of ted french
Yes it will be like our other downloads. The download will be available through our site for a week and then E will get it.
P3
practice practice perform.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Quote:
On 2008-12-09 09:14, fridoliina89 wrote:
Oh sorry I missed that one, looks fantastic I'm sure this one will get amazing reactions.

One last question, can they inspect my hand after the text did appear?

Yes they can.
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Im sold.

Which time will this be released? lol cant wait.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
According to E, it will be available today starting at 4pm
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
685 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On 2008-12-04 10:42, ted french wrote:
Thanks to everyone for the comments. This effect is so much fun and will be available on the 9th @ http://www.papercranemagic.com and also @ E

I thought this was out today?

Still not available to buy from the website though.

Iain.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is X Finger by Geoff Weber? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL