We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is X Finger by Geoff Weber? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
873 Posts

Profile of gitty
Ellusionist will release X FINGER later this week ...
Borrow a pen, draw on your hand and make it come to life.

Anybody knows more about it?
WALTHER
Ben Morris-Rains
View Profile
Regular user
Larkspur, Colorado
111 Posts

Profile of Ben Morris-Rains
I'll wait for Geoff to respond on details, but it's pretty amazing. The idea's Geoff and Reed came up with based on the principal are pretty sweet. I would definitly keep an eye out for it.
PUNCTURE: Pen Through Bill
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2008-12-02 16:34, gitty wrote:
Ellusionist will release X FINGER later this week ...
Borrow a pen, draw on your hand and make it come to life.

Anybody knows more about it?

Do you happen to have a link? Checked Ellusionist.com front page but only saw Tagged as new release.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Let me guys tell you that this is magic that is practical, super freaking visual, and what you will be able to do with this idea is to numerous to mention...
JM
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I believe this is being produced by papercrane if I'm not mistaken.
Ben Morris-Rains
View Profile
Regular user
Larkspur, Colorado
111 Posts

Profile of Ben Morris-Rains
Yeah, it is. I just talked to Geoff on the phone and he said we should see a trailer pretty soon.
PUNCTURE: Pen Through Bill
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
I'm not going to wait for Geoff to talk about it, I'll spill the beans. Geoff was nice enough to show this effect to me when we met briefly in Washington DC earlier this year. The idea is that you take a REGULAR pen or sharpie and draw an X on the ring finger. A moment later, the X vanishes. When I saw it, I was floored. I thought maybe the pen was rigged with disappearing ink (pre eXile days), or that he had a flesh colored bit of something attached to a pull that went up his sleeve taking the drawn on X with it. When he revealed the secret to me, I was even more impressed by the practical nature of the effect, and IMMEDIATELY saw the possibilities for tons of applications. Not to mention, one of my favorite coin magicians, Reed McClintock also has some terrific applications of this principle, some of which will work nicely with his marketed effect Stars and Hexes.

I think you'll enjoy this effect. It's practical, visual, and most of all magical.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Colin Mandel
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Colin Mandel
I can't wait. I'll place an order the moment it comes out.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1926 Posts

Profile of ted french
It looks like trick photography
P3
practice practice perform.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4455 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
So, what is the effect? Gitty said the image comes to life, Eric said it just vanishes...

Thanks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
They are both right, because it can be applied in many different ways. You can make a drawing on your hand appear, disappear, or transform. It happens visually and can be done with any pen.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1926 Posts

Profile of ted french
I think the demo goes up today. There is a lot you can do with the principle. Here is one of my favorite things on the DVD and it comes from Reed. You write the word EVIL on your finger and with a small slow wave of the finger it morphs into the word LIVE. My favorite thing to do is show your hand and make your name or better yet phone # appear. It is so visual I think this will be an instant classic. The effect is dirt simple and we priced so low that anyone can afford it. You need this.
P3
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Sounds interesting. Looking forward to the demo.
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Can you have a picture of a card appear? Or can you write like number 0 and make it morph into like a 7?
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1926 Posts

Profile of ted french
Yes you can, there is so much you can do depending on your imagination.
P3
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
873 Posts

Profile of gitty
WALTHER
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Wow! Looks good. A lot of products with the inking on the skin lately, but I'm not complaining. Smile
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
639 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
That looks amazing! I can't wait to get my "fingers" on it! Smile -Matt
Want The Force? - Check out "The Gift" Shoot me a PM to order.
https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=82obXYQe0OI

Other effects:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/magician/matt-sconce
VictorCruz
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of VictorCruz
The trick looks kind of cool I suppose, but I think that 20 dollars is a ridiculous price to charge for that. As simple as it is, it would be a cool thing to own for 5 dollars maybe, but 20?! I suppose that's Ellusionist for you though. I'm really not trying to hate on Geoff, like I said I think the trick is neat, I just think that to ask that price for that trick is insane.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1926 Posts

Profile of ted french
Your right, let me call Brad immeadietely. What were we thinking $20. Im sorry please forgive us. Now that you mention it $5 might be kind of high, we certainly don't want to "hate on" any of our customers so maybe $1.47 is an appropriate cost. Thank you Victor Cruz you beautiful web god for showing us how stupid we are. Geoff, shame on you for not creating a $20 effect and telling us it was worth $20.
P3
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is X Finger by Geoff Weber? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.37 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL