We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is X Finger by Geoff Weber? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Great routine idea. I also had been thinking of doing something along these lines, but your routine is better than what I had come up with. Shades of Derren Brown. Smile
Yes, you could absolutely use x-finger to accomplish this.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2077 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Can the instant download be viewed on a Mac computer or do you need a Windows system? Thanks.

Regards, Steve
AlluTallu
View Profile
Veteran user
Finland
396 Posts

Profile of AlluTallu
You probably need Windows to view the download if the file is secured.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2122 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I purchased the download of Power Word: Fall directly from Papercrane, and it worked fine on my Mac. So I'd imagine the same should hold true for X Finger.

I guess Papercrane and E use different protection schemes, because E downloads won't work on Mac at this time.

So, I guess if you're going for the download, you should go directly to Papercrane.

Make sure you have the Flip4Mac Quicktime plugin so that you can play WMV files in Quicktime.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2077 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I re-read through all the posts (somewhat quickly, I must admit) because I thought I had previously read a question asking if the DVD contained any additional material the download did not, but I couldn't find that post again. Could someone tell me if the DVD contains additional material not on the download? Thanks.

Additionally, Ellusionist does specifically state the download will not work on a Mac. Kevin suggests it might be possible (given his experience with the Power Word: Fall download), but could someone from Papercrane or someone who has downloaded it to a Mac definitively say if the download can be viewed on a Mac? Thanks, again Smile

Regards, Steve
Mr. Ray
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ray
Ellusionist download cannot by viewed by Mac. If you downloadded it from PaperCraneProductions than yes, you can view it on a Mac
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Well I bought this effect from E, even though it is really easy I can't seem to do it, especially having problems with the transformations. I've looked through the video several times but I'm still having problems. Anyone who own it able to help?
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1652 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Make a video and we'll see what you're doing wrong. It's the easiest way.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Every hand is different so it will nto work for some. It refuses to work for mine and I will never be able to the effect but happy I bought it as it is an interesting principle which I'm happy to now know and it was tought in a clear way

Alan
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
What is it that does not work for you?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
My hands are just not suited to the effect I think
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4058 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
This is EXCELLENT. Blister, Live/Evil, and the classic arrow variations are very good. Changing drawings into actual objects is also very very very insanely good. Absolutely loving it Smile
jrl41090
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of jrl41090
I refuse to believe any human being could not perform at least one single variation of x-finger, no matter how oddly formed their digits are. Every hand is different, true, but that just means you have to adapt x-finger to work with your hand.

I have to agree with kissdadookie; this effect is AWESOME!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4058 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
If you can't perform the transformation style effects you could very easily at least perform the variations with the appearances of the drawing or words on the finger. By the way Alan, I love your card through table, absolutely love it. Very practical and very visual, well done Alan.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Cheers dookie. Now I have a few small ideas working with it thanx to Geoff Weber so cheers guys. Yet againt worth the price five times over
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4058 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Great fun, it actually made a sale for Reed's Stars and Hexes because I ordered it right after getting X-Finger. Hopefully that one is good, I always wanted to be able to do something with a tattoo, specifically, changing them since I do have ink and that is something that comes up during performances. "Hey, can you change your tattoo?" or "What if I picked the circle?" when I do my star tattoo reveal.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1926 Posts

Profile of ted french
The effect has been selling really well but not a ton of reviews not sure why but I have noticed that those that buy are actually performing it and I think that says something about the practicality of this effect. I have noticed several comments on various forums about the cost of X finger we did not price it low because the value was low we priced it low because we felt that because of the impromptu nature of this effect it would be the type of trick like a ring thing where every magician should know how to do this effect and we priced so anyone could afford it.
P3
practice practice perform.
Mind Melter
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
179 Posts

Profile of Mind Melter
I've been practicing this effect and giving it the amount it deserves.

It truly is a clever method and something I really enjoy performing.

For those on the fence about it. IMO it's well worth the money Smile
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4058 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Here's a in performance update:

Today I finally scrounged up the balls to perform X-Finger as a transformation. The effect I used was Reeds Live/Evil and guess what? It was BRILLIANT. Reactions were absolutely AMAZING. If you've seen the demo video, there's a girl that gasps "No way, that can't happen!" This was the same exact reaction that was achieved with using X-Finger for Live/Evil. This is a reaction that is very similar to the reactions for Deep Astonishment 2 (read the ad copy for DA 2, it is word for word accurate). Brilliant... just brilliant. The reactions are very strong with this.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2077 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Ben,

Thanks. It did work perfectly (on my Mac) from PaperCrane.

Regards, Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is X Finger by Geoff Weber? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL