We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is X Finger by Geoff Weber? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
VictorCruz
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of VictorCruz
I'm sorry, I guess I misunderstood the purpose of online forums... I thought that we were supposed to express our opinions on things and discuss them here. Is that not right? It's fine if you disagree with me, but there really wasn't anything disrespectful in my post. Sorry if you disagree, but that doesn't give you the right to be a d***.

By the way you should learn what the term "hate on" means before you try to mock someone with it and use it incorrectly...

Thanks for the reply ted
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
639 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
19.95 is a ridiculously LOW price for an effect this powerful. It is an amazing deal.
Want The Force? - Check out "The Gift" Shoot me a PM to order.
https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=82obXYQe0OI

Other effects:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/magician/matt-sconce
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
583 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
Is there a difference between the download and actual dvd? looks great though.
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
When will it be available?

Ted, be nice to Victor. He doesn't understand that it cost $$$ to film, edit, host it on a website, labor, etc...

Looks pretty cool. I'll pick it up probably!
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1257 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
I think it's available now and at $20 it's a steal.
VictorCruz
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of VictorCruz
Quote:
On 2008-12-03 22:59, tian_ci wrote:
When will it be available?

Ted, be nice to Victor. He doesn't understand that it cost $$$ to film, edit, host it on a website, labor, etc...

Looks pretty cool. I'll pick it up probably!

Im well aware of these things, I wasn't saying that it would be a good idea for him sell it for less, or that he would make more if it were sold at 5 dollars. I'm sure that there are plenty of people that will pay that much for it. I was just saying, that from a buyers perspective, I don't think that the trick is worth 20 dollars. And in the end, isn't that what we are all paying for? For the most part, when it comes to DVDs and magic in general, I'm looking at the trick itself and how well it is taught to decide if its worth the price.
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
557 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
How do you know how well it is taught from a demo?
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
To each his own man,
but
Papercrane has put out quality products.
Look at the market and see what $5 get you.
Maybe a loop, a little flash paper, a TT, a junker instant download from penguin or t11.

I think $20 is reasonable for this and it's what I intend to pay. I mean, you are making ink change on your finger with no gimmicks apparently....
VictorCruz
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of VictorCruz
Quote:
On 2008-12-03 23:32, jordanjohnson wrote:
How do you know how well it is taught from a demo?

You cant know, but by asking around or reading some reviews on forums etc. you can find out how well things are taught. I was just speaking in general terms. It was more of a comment saying that the things that I care about as a buyer don't really cost the producer money. The other things are icing on the cake, and while I understand that some of these things are necessary, i.e. site hosting, his economic burden has nothing to do with whether or not it's worth it for me to purchase as a consumer. Just my thoughts on the matter...

As for the downloads, I agree that most are crap lol. But some sites, dananddave.com for instance, offer a lot of great downloads that are very high quality, well taught and most of them are great tricks/utility moves. I don't know, I just don't think that this really needs a whole DVD... Just my opinion though.
Mr. Ray
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ray
Looks amazing!
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
307 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Just when I told myself not to buy any more magic for the rest of the year.....
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
There are no "add to cart buttons" next to it.

Guess we have to wait?
DCURTHRABE
View Profile
New user
Burbank, IL
78 Posts

Profile of DCURTHRABE
Looks like a winner to me.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4932 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Victor,
The trick is already costing Papercrane a fortune. They can't even afford Paypal buttons. Man, the "hate" is on.
James

Quote:
On 2008-12-03 21:04, VictorCruz wrote:
The trick looks kind of cool I suppose, but I think that 20 dollars is a ridiculous price to charge for that. As simple as it is, it would be a cool thing to own for 5 dollars maybe, but 20?! I suppose that's Ellusionist for you though. I'm really not trying to hate on Geoff, like I said I think the trick is neat, I just think that to ask that price for that trick is insane.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Gees, maybe Geoff should give it to us for free - wait I think he should pay us to take it from him.

Seriously though that pen into the ring thing is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. Being a graphic design lecturer my mind is going insane with ideas.

Geoff send me my free copy. Smile

Regards
MAC
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1926 Posts

Profile of ted french
Victor, I'm sorry. My point was to show you that while yes we all have oppinions sometimes even my own are silly. BTW I know the saying "Hate On" I just don't use it. I will give you some advice if Paris Hilton is saying it then its not cool anymore.
P3
practice practice perform.
Crimson-Death
View Profile
New user
Since 2006
88 Posts

Profile of Crimson-Death
Hey, ted french,

When is the date of release for this?
Looks nice!
Best
Sleight of hand and twist of fate
On a bed of nails she makes me wait
And I wait without you

With or without you
With or without you
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1926 Posts

Profile of ted french
Thanks to everyone for the comments. This effect is so much fun and will be available on the 9th @ http://www.papercranemagic.com and also @ E
P3
practice practice perform.
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
NO Gimmicks ???!!!???
That would be like real Magic!!!

Hears and sees simply too good to be true!
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1260 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
It seems like your left very dirty (literally and figuratively) at the end of this trick.

For Geoff, or anyone else who has used this, don't you find that when doing something so visually interesting people want to look at your hand or your finger?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is X Finger by Geoff Weber? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL