The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is X Finger by Geoff Weber? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1384 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Honestly, I don't have that problem. Maybe its because I don't have a confrontational style. We do cover some solutions/ideas for people who share your concern though.
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
I do the appearance. You show your hand clean and slowly a message appears. You are left clean. You want them to look at your hand because you just made something appear that wasnt there. Your right about it being visually interesting people really bug out on this one.
P3
practice practice perform.
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
This looks really good and as for $20.00 being too much to ask for an effect that you will use everyday? No, if the trick suits you and you perform regularly for pay, it is worth quite a bit more. I have been booked for shows because of one item that just happened to hit the decision maker in the right place.

Look, frankly we are lucky that these extremely talented and generous Magicians are sharing their creations with us at all in the age of file sharing and knockoff artists. I am aware of some top name guys who refuse to release some of the best magic you will ever see in your life, it will never see the light of day. It would be sad if this trend spread to the entire community, but sadly that is where it is heading. End of rant... thanks for reading.
Tony Chapparo
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
Here is a presentation that is not on the dvd. I am having a great deal of success with lately. take out a cigarette give it to a person to hold. write a persons name on your finger, give the finger a shake and it vanishes. look at the person then the cigarette and when they look the name is written on the cigarette. (you could do this in reverse also meaning write their name number whatever and it vanishes from the cigarette to the finger.)

Another presentation
Imagine a deck of cards is society, everyone is trying to be heard, reach and find your voice. if you could say one word to let the world to know who you are besides just another carbon footprint but really let them know who you are, what you stand for just one word. Make a sign for everyone to see, write your word down on the card representing your voice.

show a bar code on your fingers give it a shake and it morphs into their word. they go back through the deck and find the card and there is nothing written on it.

This is a fun trick to play with and perform, Geoff has a real winner with x-finger
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Geoff,

This looks really promising!!!
Very nicely priced as well.

For those of you that havent purchased Poor Mans CTW, it is killer, as well as this!
I am definately going to purchase this as soon as it is released!

First PMCTW, now Xfinger!

What will Geoff come up with next??

Great job!

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2008-12-04 11:44, ted french wrote:
I do the appearance. You show your hand clean and slowly a message appears. You are left clean. You want them to look at your hand because you just made something appear that wasnt there. Your right about it being visually interesting people really bug out on this one.

Yeah, I'm thinking the appearance may be the way to go.

I don't have a "confrontational style" by any means, but the people I perform for certainly want to look at something that changes, or appears or whatever. That is, in my opinion, the most natural inclination given the situation. If you were eating breakfast and your sugarbowl started floating you'd want to take a look at it. Not because you don't trust your confrontational breakfast table, but because something incredible just happened.
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
Tony you are sooo right about your statement. This is the last product I will be appearing on personally. There are some dvds from the magic bakery of mine that were shot eons ago and will be coming out but after those I am done releasing material. Ill only share in the old form of books or text from now on.
I read a quote a while back that made me say whoa you know what this craft means more to me than just a few thousand dollars.
P.T.Selbit said and I am paraphrasing "Everytime a magician releases a trick its another nail in the coffin for magic" At the time the quote was said how ever many years ago, I would not have agreed because they didn't have the mediums we have today. You would have to buy a book to get the secret. Chances of the mundane world buying a magic book today are next to never LOL even most new magicians wont buy a magic book, they say they learn better by dvd. LOL What do I know I am just a square peg?
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Reed,

I have mixed feelings, sad that creators such as yourself are no longer going to release inventive new magic, but on the other hand my love for magic leads me to believe this is probably a neccesary step in the right direction.
Tony Chapparo
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
This is a killer effect with so many possibilities! I have an idea.. Geoff I will PM you.
jrl41090
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of jrl41090
I think this has a lot of potential to be mixed with Richard Ferguson's Tagged. Write a word on your finger and vanish it, only to appear on the spectator's arm. There are a ton of ideas running through my brain for this single effect!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
And if you're doing an adult show and incorporate the middle finger, wow...the possiblities...especially with your flaming middle finger Tony!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
The appearance sounds most magical and would end clean too! This looks like an amazing principle, looking forward to picking up a copy!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
218 Posts

Profile of altrez
I have a question or two Smile If you end so dirty how do you get clean again? If I was to say vanish the word NEXT and then start doing something different could I move on to the next effect without anyone seeing anything?

Or will I need some alone time to do some post effect cleanup? If so that's fine I could always end a set with this. Also when you say this effect does not use a gimmick why would you end dirty? If you do not have a gimmick to ditch what could be left behind to find?

One thing I really like from the demo is when you pull the ink off of your finger. And you can see the ink being pulled from the finger. Now the AD copy states that this effect is is completely impromptu. So if that is the case then is it possible to walk into any store buy a sharpie write a line on your finger and then pull it off? All with a t-shirt on and showing your hands empty?

Thank you!

This effect Looks great!

-Altrez
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
If I would want a text to appear on my hand/finger, how clean do I end? As people said, I'm pretty sure people will want to look at my hand if a have a text appear from nowhere on my hand.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Altrez asked:

"Now the AD copy states that this effect is is completely impromptu. So if that is the case then is it possible to walk into any store buy a sharpie write a line on your finger and then pull it off? All with a t-shirt on and showing your hands empty?"

No.

(Obviously some of the effects the guys are coming up with will require some preparation, some more than others, that's all. You're not going to call your lawyer or something, are you?)
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
218 Posts

Profile of altrez
LOL No I am not going to call my Lawyer Smile I would like to know how many effects taught on the DvD are completely impromptu. If we do not ask questions then how would we know?

If I where to trust the fact that the AD is telling me the truth then I would think that every effect show on the DEMO is completely impromptu.

-Altrez
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I have seen here and on another forum, many people simply not believing there is no actual gimmick involved. Well, Geoff told me about this effect probably close to 5 years ago or so (kinda cool that he didn't create it one night and release it the next, huh?) and has shared the method and a manuscript with me. So I can back him up on this and state that it is 100% true that there is NO GIMMICK involved in the basic concept of his effect.

For those requesting specific, revealing details here in the open forum - come on, you know better than that.

So fear not, you won't be surprised by an extra gimmick or material needed if you purchase this - but you might be surprised by the simplicity of it. I really like the creative effects the guys have come up with, using Geoff's concept.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
218 Posts

Profile of altrez
Quote:
it is 100% true that there is NO GIMMICK involved in the basic concept of his effect.

How do we know what the basic concept is? The DEMO on the website shows a very visual effect. I simply asked if it was impromptu as the website clearly state's it is. So the DEMO and the website are both very misleading.

-Altrez
Aaron Little
View Profile
Loyal user
Lexington KY
263 Posts

Profile of Aaron Little
I look forward to seeing reviews of this after the release.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Would be very cool to write your phone number on your finger, then vanish it and it ends up "tagged" on their arm.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » What is X Finger by Geoff Weber? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL