The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » HOW DO YOU JOIN (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MAGIC JAM
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of MAGIC JAM
How do you join the I.B.M.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
You need to have an interest in magic and find a couple of IBM members to sponsor you. When you have that, you can send in an application to the National Headquarters in St. Louis and formally apply for membership. Not sure where you live, but maybe there is a local IBM club you could visit and get to know the members there.

Good luck.

Mark.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
You can learn more by going to http://www.magician.org

You'll find a membership application as well as a list of local Rings. With any luck, there will be one near you.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quick question if I may,

I have a ring fairly close to me. Maybe ten miles. I would like to join the IBM, But as of right now I really don't know any of the members.

Can I just "Show up" to a meeting and talk to the members there about joining? Or would that be considered rude.

Thanks everyone,
Tim

P.S. It would be the meeting that takes place in the Margate community center, Margate Florida. (Just in case one of the local members sees this).
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
There should be a contact person listed on the IBM website for that ring. Call or email the contact person with your desire to visit the ring. They will let you know any conditions or rules for such. Just showing up, unless you are already an IBM member really wouldn't be good form.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
fxdude
View Profile
Loyal user
Hollywood
241 Posts

Profile of fxdude
I've heard of people sending in their application without any endorsements and still getting in. Probably a very risky thing to do, I'm guessing they must have had a really good written section on their interest in magic.
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Thank you Father Photius. I kind of figured it would not be a good idea to just show up. I have e-mailed the contact person of my local ring and look forward to hearing from him.

fxdude, It does sound risky. And theres really no reason for me to do that as the ring meeting is so close. I could understand it if the meeting was 100 miles away or something but, It shouldn't be any problem for me to meet with the members and maybe get an endorsement.

Again, Thank you for the help guys.
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
The contact got back with me today and invited me to the next meeting that I could make it to. Now I can go and meet with the members and we can get to know each other a little bit.

After I go to a meeting I'll let you guys know how it went.

Thanks again,
Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
Sincerely,
Antony Gerard
View Profile
Veteran user
Kalamazoo, Michigan
359 Posts

Profile of Antony Gerard
Hello Tim

I am president of Ring 333 (The Fox Ring) in Kalamazoo, Michigan. If you are ever in Michigan, please phone me and I will get you an invitation to one of our club meetings.

The Ring meetings are but one benafit of joining the I.B.M. The Linking Ring Magazine - my favorite benafit, Linking Ring Online, Reduced rate for The Linking Ring Collection (1922-2006), Fellowship and support of 250 Local Clubs (Rings), World-class Annual International Magic Convention, Electronic links via website, email programs and electronic online Ring2100, Free Web Page for Individual Members, Programs designed especially for our Youth Members, Quality I.B.M. Apparel and Merchandise, Distinctive Credit Card that benefits the Magical Arts, and Affordable performers' Liability Insurance are a few more.

Welcome to the club!

Take care and take cards
Antony Gerard
Phone: 269-501-2573
Michigan Magic Day 2009
http://www.MichiganMagicDay2009.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » HOW DO YOU JOIN (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL