The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gimpy's New Mighty Mini--The Demo Is Out (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
947 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Please enjoy the demonstration of our newest release, the Mighty Mini, now available. This is performed by Christopher Lyle who I met here at the Café. This is what happens when a great prop meets a Master Performer.

Gimpy's Magic thanks Mr. Lyle for his dedication to excellence in mastering the performance of this latest release. Man, this guy is good!! I built the box and I still can't believe how slick he performs it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRa2xgbNgRc

Let me know what you think,
Gimpy
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8036 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Can be performed on any regular table, or floor
No magnets
No wires or remote
No harnesses or hook-ups
May be performed completely surrounded
No STOOGES at all.

If the above is correct then I want one. http://www.gimpysmagic.com

Great video production too.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8036 Posts

Profile of pegasus
How much would the shipping be to the UK Gimpy?
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Pegasus,

ALL of the above is 110% accurate! It's as close to real magic as anyone could get! Gimpy's chests are AWESOME! Glad you liked the production!

Christopher
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1499 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Can the inside be examined?

Ron
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

No...the Mighty Mini cannot be examined on the inside. However...the way around it is very subtle and it gives the illusion of fairness. You cannot show the inside of the box emtpy...but you can show the inside of the box full. If you watch the demo, I leave to lid to the box wide open with the streamer inside the box. If you don't bring any attention to the fact, they'll never think twice about it.

We as Magicians overthink things like this. I did the same thing too. This was a quick fix that I came up with. What you don't see in the demo is that AFTER the performance, several of the people in the audience came to me and said that was the coolest thing they had ever seen.

The guy who I pulled up to assist, came to me and was a bit concerned after the fact that he had just been placed under hypnosis. His comments were:

"My first thought was there was something weird about the box...but I don't see how. You showed very fairly all sides of the box and I got to see inside and everything was fair. So that only leaves me to believe that you did infact implant a suggestion in my brain that I couldn't life the box while the scarf was inside."

So let's examine part of what he said....

He stated that I very fairly showed all sides of the box. Watch close and you'll see that I DO NOT! It's a quick little move and very subtle, but I don't actually let him focus on a certain side of the box as my hand covers it and for a split second, the move passes over their head giving the illusion of fairness. The idea was inspired by the Billiard Shell Manipulation to show a shell as a full ball.

If you buy the Pop Off Side Handles to go along with it, there is another subtly you can do that in my opinion is even fairer than how I handled it in the demo.

He also stated he saw inside the box. Again...he never actually saw inside. He saw the inside full but never empty...but the laymen's mind doen't focus on that little detail.

I was the FIRST PERSON to ever own a MM as Gimpy sent me the original prototype. Becuase I took time to work thru some stuff before an audience ever saw it, I have never once been questioned about any part of the box.

If you're still sensative about the MM, you may wish to purchase Gimpy's New Light Heavy Chest. It's FAR MORE MONEY than the MM, but your audience can look inside the box and even feel around if they wish as there's NOTHING to hide. The cool thing about this version, is that you never have to touch the box. The spectator is the one who activates the gimmick.

I have the entire Gimpy line and my preference is for The Mighty Mini. It's small, it packs pretty flat and plays BIG, it's lightweight, and in my opinion (if performed correctly) is the best box on the market...PERIOD!

Christopher
The Official (Unoffical) Gimpy Spokesman = )
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1499 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
PM'd you

Ron
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
947 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Pegasus,

We ship to the UK all the time,it should be $34.The site will auto calculate shipping to most places worldwide.

Gimpy
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Gimpy,

Very nice looking product.

Chris,

Great performance.

I may have to consider getting one of these after watching the demo.
tdowell
View Profile
Inner circle
1076 Posts

Profile of tdowell
This is a fantastic product. Best light/heavy chests around come from the Gimpster.
gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
947 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
Guys,
Thank you so much for the complements on my products. In the last year I have found nothing but fantastic customers to work with, and I'd like to thank all of them for making my first year in the magic inventing/manufacturing business so enjoyable. I can't think of any business I'd rather be in.

And to the folks who would prefer to buy the Mighy Mini from their favorite magic dealer, just tell your shop that Murphy's has them.

Thanks,
Gimpy
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1345 Posts

Profile of Stucky
The pop off handles are a *** riot too!
Official Thread Killer
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Stucky...

I guess great minds think alike! >> wink <<
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gimpy's New Mighty Mini--The Demo Is Out (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL